Bramble Isn't a Very Good "Tank"

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
I feel that Bramble isn't a good Tank. Half the time I'm scared to use Gimme Gimme in fear of killing Bramble, even with Nub's amazing healing. And yeah, before anyone asks, I have him runed up to be tanky, but he's still sub-par on Health and Defense. Why is his base Attack stat so high while his base Health and Defense stats are so low? What is Bramble even supposed to be? Offense? Defense? Support? He seems to play a bit of all 3, which is actually great, but since he's classified as a Tank and has a Taunt, I would've expected him to do best at that role. Perhaps a simple increase to his base Health and Defense would help, or more passives that increase his defense, directly or indirectly. After all, dude only has 3 passives. Sorta lame for a Legendary hero. The goblin team could be a bit better anyways, does anyone even use it outside of PvE anymore?
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Yeah I never understood it either he's kind of like how Julius used to be, was called a tank but would collapse in a bloody heap if a light breeze brushed past him glad they changed him atleast, but I just treat Bramble as an all out offense hero, besides with his critical odor and zurks haste enemies rarely get a chance to attack him anyway
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Masuta Kira lvl 70 - Base Attack 2125 Defense 1734 Health 5267 Skill 1787 (not counting his epic) for comparison

Bramble lvl 70 - Base Attack 2136 Defense 1914 Health 5489 Skill 1977
    Igorok lvl 70 - Attack 2263 Defense 1998 Health 6345 Skill 1660
    Sir William lvl 70 - Attack 1755 Defense 2115 (2450 with Water Guard) Health 4970 Skill 1163
    Furnace lvl 70 - Attack 1935 Defense 2390 Health 9338 Skill 1639
    Julius - Attack 1967 Defense 2051 Health 5986 Skill 1681
    Pignius - Attack 1776 Defense 2400 Health 6398 Skill 1406
    Leonidus - Attack 1882 Defense 2178 Health 5499 Skill 1258
    Balog - Attack 1882 Defense 1745 Health 6472 Skill 1332
    Overlord Executum - Attack 1935 Defense 2221 Health 5372 Skill 1258
    Yokozuna - Attack 1787 Defense 1628 Health 6758 (7845 with Warrior Heart) Skill 1480

Of the 6* Medium speed tanks (I have Kexx only at 4* right now), Bramble has one of the worst health stats, and one of the lowest defenses. Most of the others have some form of immunity or other bonus to survivability. Bramble, on the other hand, boosts attack a crit for his team, and gives them a second attack if they crit.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Masuta Kira lvl 70 - Base Attack 2125 Defense 1734 Health 5267 Skill 1787 (not counting his epic) for comparison

Bramble lvl 70 - Base Attack 2136 Defense 1914 Health 5489 Skill 1977
    Igorok lvl 70 - Attack 2263 Defense 1998 Health 6345 Skill 1660
    Sir William lvl 70 - Attack 1755 Defense 2115 (2450 with Water Guard) Health 4970 Skill 1163
    Furnace lvl 70 - Attack 1935 Defense 2390 Health 9338 Skill 1639
    Julius - Attack 1967 Defense 2051 Health 5986 Skill 1681
    Pignius - Attack 1776 Defense 2400 Health 6398 Skill 1406
    Leonidus - Attack 1882 Defense 2178 Health 5499 Skill 1258
    Balog - Attack 1882 Defense 1745 Health 6472 Skill 1332
    Overlord Executum - Attack 1935 Defense 2221 Health 5372 Skill 1258
    Yokozuna - Attack 1787 Defense 1628 Health 6758 (7845 with Warrior Heart) Skill 1480

Of the 6* Medium speed tanks (I have Kexx only at 4* right now), Bramble has one of the worst health stats, and one of the lowest defenses. Most of the others have some form of immunity or other bonus to survivability. Bramble, on the other hand, boosts attack a crit for his team, and gives them a second attack if they crit.

Exactly... I think it wouldn't be too unfair if they reduced his offensive capabilities and increased his defensive ones. Like his Critical Goblin Odor could only trigger 1 extra attack via crit per turn, or 2 if a hero is hasted. So, like 1 per attack. In other words, if he used Overlord's Blitz and Crit all 3 times, it would only tag on one extra attack afterwards. He's fun to play, but really awkward to as well since he can't settle on what role he wants to fit.
  • danacdanac Member

.. it would only tag on one extra attack afterwards. He's fun to play, but really awkward to as well since he can't settle on what role he wants to fit.

Well, it's all in his name, right?
    ...Cruel Kid Bramble.

He'll grow into something.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited May 18
    Bramble would be OK as a tank with 200 more defense and 500 more health. Not great, not legendary, but OK.

Another option would be to drop his 'tank' label and adjust his third ability so he doesn't taunt.

Like you, Jack, I've very rarely used Bramble's taunt because he can't stand up to the repeated hits, and he isn't so much tougher than the other goblins that they benefit greatly from his sacrifice.

I use Bramble and the goblins on autorun for Savage Grove, and Bovus Bramble, Nubnub, Bovus and (now) Stone Fist for autorun in Permafrost Ice Cave. I replaced Zurk with Stone Fist for Permafrost because Zurk was a liability, often getting himself killed by the multiple revenge attacks from the final two bosses. For autorun I much prefer his attack bonuses to any tank benefits, so reducing his offense bonuses would be a problem for me.

I agree he's a very poor tank, but I'd hate to see his tank skills that I don't need or use boosted at the expense of offensive bonuses that I do use.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Bramble would be OK as a tank with 200 more defense and 500 more health. Not great, not legendary, but OK.

Another option would be to drop his 'tank' label and adjust his third ability so he doesn't taunt.

Like you, Jack, I've very rarely used Bramble's taunt because he can't stand up to the repeated hits, and he isn't so much tougher than the other goblins that they benefit greatly from his sacrifice.

I use Bramble and the goblins on autorun for Savage Grove, and Bovus Bramble, Nubnub, Bovus and (now) Stone Fist for autorun in Permafrost Ice Cave. I replaced Zurk with Stone Fist for Permafrost because Zurk was a liability, often getting himself killed by the multiple revenge attacks from the final two bosses. For autorun I much prefer his attack bonuses to any tank benefits, so reducing his offense bonuses would be a problem for me.

I agree he's a very poor tank, but I'd hate to see his tank skills that I don't need or use boosted at the expense of offensive bonuses that I do use.

Weird story about his third ability, it originally just took Goblin ally Health and healed only himself. Then they changed it to heal all Goblin allies and give him Taunt, so I'd doubt they would change it back. A simple fix is probably just to buff his base stats as you said.