Double taunts

I just lost a revenge attack because the the furnace had two taunts on at the same time. He started the fight with a taunt and immediately used his actual taunt when his turn came. I don't think the event buff for tanks with skins on is "Working as Intended".

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    At least it wasn't a streak ender.
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited May 18
    It's just for the event, so it will be over soon. :)
    nunya
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I don't understand, why is Furnace using two taunts a bad thing? You're saying it's the defending Furnace, so he was going to Taunt anyways. Basically you're saying he wasted a turn. How does that make it worse for you?

To be honest though, I'm not sure what a "revenge attack" is, everyone is talking about them but I don't see a button in PvP called "revenge attack". Perhaps the rules for those are different then.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • oredithoredith Member
    I don't understand, why is Furnace using two taunts a bad thing? You're saying it's the defending Furnace, so he was going to Taunt anyways. Basically you're saying he wasted a turn. How does that make it worse for you?
    because furnace has abs of steel and forces you to expend more than 1 turn to kill him if he has an active taunt (unless you get kobal epic proc), so most people uses a purge on his taunt in order to be able to focus attack on another target, either a rezzer, a koros in waiting, etc. double taunt means that is negated.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    oredith wrote: »
    because furnace has abs of steel and forces you to expend more than 1 turn to kill him if he has an active taunt (unless you get kobal epic proc), so most people uses a purge on his taunt in order to be able to focus attack on another target, either a rezzer, a koros in waiting, etc. double taunt means that is negated.

Ah. I normally find Purging his Taunt is hard because you've either gotta use Tsume Viperia or Augustus, or use a fast hero and have a 50/50 chance of getting the Taunt and not the Fired Up. Also if you use a Normal speed hero to purge it, you're leaving yourself open for their next Normal speed hero. My strategy is to Silence or outright kill any troublesome enemies before Furnace Taunts with Fast heroes, then just endure his Taunt while or hopefully kill him while his buddies are Silenced.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • nunyanunya Member
    I use Viper and Lily plus two more against furnace if I can. It kills him so fast. :)
    nunya
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    To be honest though, I'm not sure what a "revenge attack" is, everyone is talking about them but I don't see a button in PvP called "revenge attack". Perhaps the rules for those are different then.

I'm sorry, but, how are you a "Guru" if you don't even know this?
    Brazy wrote: »

Because gurus are normal people and not omnipotent gods who are all in the top 100 PvP player group...?
  • BrazyBrazy Member

Because gurus are normal people and not omnipotent gods who are all in the top 100 PvP player group...?

You don't have to be a Top 100 PVP player to know something this basic.
  • Brazy wrote: »

If someone raids your defense and wins, you can look in your game log and there should be a button that allows you to attack that person.

Any time you see an icon with the orange "attention" looking symbol (kind like a comic book pow/attack graphic), that means it was a revenge attack (from you revenge attacking them, or the enemy revenge attacking you).
    shiggity80 wrote: »

If someone raids your defense and wins, you can look in your game log and there should be a button that allows you to attack that person.

Any time you see an icon with the orange "attention" looking symbol (kind like a comic book pow/attack graphic), that means it was a revenge attack (from you revenge attacking them, or the enemy revenge attacking you).

Ah! Thanks for actually telling me without being rude or passive-aggressive. This forum needs more of that.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

Ah! Thanks for actually telling me without being rude or passive-aggressive. This forum needs more of that.

I can definitely be rude and/or passive aggressive if you want haha.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member

I think the answer should be obvious. @JackHallow666 has never lost a raid on defense, so has never seen this button.

Amirite?:)
    FatCat69 wrote: »

I think the answer should be obvious. @JackHallow666 has never lost a raid on defense, so has never seen this button.

Amirite?:)

Actually I just don't really care about PvP or my standing, so I've never checked to see where I place in the season lol
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Dude, I'm trying to throw you a bone here.

Just act macho and say something cool like "Yeah, Stapedius and Pupuer better watch their backs! I'm coming for 'em!"