Should Pignius be Changed?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
So a little while ago, Pignius was changed a bit. His Beastial Roar now buffs all allies, instead of just beasts, and beasts get to attack a random enemy when he uses it. They also removed his Bonfire passive, however, which boosted ally Burn damage.

I think, with the new Skill update, his Bonfire should be brought back. This way, allies who used to rely on Burn damage like Nitpick, Furnace, and Squinch will be able to at least get some of their damage back from Burning.

Also, to counter-balance that, I think his Team Precision should be changed to only boost Beast ally Crit damage. That way he's more viable on a Beast team, and would no longer just be a stat staple for Crit-heavy PvP teams.

Additionally, his first ability Sucker Punch feels lacking. This is a minor gripe, but perhaps it could be changed to some sort of attack that buffs Beast allies, preferably in a way that agrees with his role as a Tank. Like, the attack could deal damage, and then increase Beast ally Max Health... somehow. Right now he feels shadowed by Julius, a better Beast Tank, and Furnace, a better Fire Tank. Some small changes here and there could potentially make him viable again.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Sucker punch just needs to daze.

I like the idea about bringing back the bonfire passive, but really think they just need to fix how they've implemented the SKL changes for skin runes. They are broken beyond usefulness at the moment.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 18
    How about this:

Pulled-Pork Punch: Phyiscal melee attack on one enemy, deals damage, Dazes target, and applies 'Swine Flu' to the enemy team for 2 turns. Beast allies that attack or kill enemies affected by Swine Flu gain 1% Max Health (Based on Base Health, counting Runes) for every 10% of the target's Health taken. In this way, no more than 10% Max Health Increase can be gained from one enemy.
    Cooldown: 6
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    I like Pignius how he is.

I use him in my quick run team for Babel Mountain - Kobal, Pignius, the resurrecting guy and Dagrund. Kobal clears everybody in most regular levels, Pignius can blatt the occasional survivor if the rng is unkind, and uses his sucker punch to finish off the mid-level boss if he survives Kobal.

For the end bosses after Kobal's initial AOE he activates Bestial Roar, which allows the necromancer to finish off any survivors. I haven't had to have Dagrund actually attack in a long time.

For most regular and challenge dungeons when I'm farming for tokens or resources I use Yasmin, Grog-Gnog, Bovus and Pignius.

I'm not seeing a problem with Pignius, especially now I have his fruit hat/pineapple costume.
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I like Pignius how he is.

I use him in my quick run team for Babel Mountain - Kobal, Pignius, the resurrecting guy and Dagrund. Kobal clears everybody in most regular levels, Pignius can blatt the occasional survivor if the rng is unkind, and uses his sucker punch to finish off the mid-level boss if he survives Kobal.

For the end bosses after Kobal's initial AOE he activates Bestial Roar, which allows the necromancer to finish off any survivors. I haven't had to have Dagrund actually attack in a long time.

For most regular and challenge dungeons when I'm farming for tokens or resources I use Yasmin, Grog-Gnog, Bovus and Pignius.

I'm not seeing a problem with Pignius, especially now I have his fruit hat/pineapple costume.

You're using him with Kobal because he's a stat staple though. A hero should be able to do more than just that. I just think that the general consensus is that he's sub-par, of course some people will like him and have a use for him, but it's not like anyone really thinks of him as good at anything other than a buff to Crit damage.
    edited May 19
    I like Pignius a lot in his current incarnation.

I think his combination of Hog Wild for fellow beasts, boosted Crit, and Bestial Roar buffed to include everyone (and spur other beasts to attack) is pretty awesome. Makes him someone I bring along for PVE on a regular basis, rather than as a simple "stat stick".

I'm looking forward to him getting an Epic one of these days. He will be one red hero that I won't mind spending to build up. There are so many other red heroes with epics that just do NOTHING for me. (Nitpick? Meh. Squinch? Blah. Nim? Ho-hum.)
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I like Pignius a lot in his current incarnation.

I think his combination of Hog Wild for fellow beasts, boosted Crit, and Bestial Roar buffed to include everyone (and spur other beasts to attack) is pretty awesome. Makes him someone I bring along for PVE on a regular basis, rather than as a simple "stat stick".

I'm looking forward to him getting an Epic one of these days. He will be one red hero that I won't mind spending to build up. There are so many other red heroes with epics that just do NOTHING for me. (Nitpick? Meh. Squinch? Blah. Nim? Ho-hum.)

Perhaps his Epic could unlock his Bonfire passive again?? I used to be against the idea of non-legendary epics unlocking new Passives for heroes but now I'm starting to consider it...
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    I just want to see Toby, the best healer added to the team – it just feels very odd that I have to bring along Yasmin just to keep the other beasts alive
  • echonapechonap Member
    Pig has two of the best passives in the game. He is a regular staple in 4 out of 5 of my auto teams for boss island. I didn't even realize they removed the bonfire passive (whatever it did lol).

I would love a Pig epic. Anything that improves his basic attack would be great for the auto teams.
    The Empire is recruiting.
    Bonfire Passive increased burn damage done by your team.