Complete The Trials in the PVP Training Grounds!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
rqzvy5sz72cj.png

Want to brush up on your raiding skills? Want an extra challenge to win with a hero that you might not use as often as others? Want to get a TON of tokens? I sure hope so, because this week we're bringing back the PVP Training Grounds for an entire week!

Throughout the week, different trial quests will appear, requiring you to win a PVP raid with a specific hero in order to get more tokens for that hero. There will also be trials later in the week requiring you to win a raid with an entire team of heroes of a particular color for some highly coveted tokens. In addition, each trial will be part of a set, and you'll get even more tokens for each set of trials that you complete!

NOTE: Trial quests WILL expire after a few days! Be sure to check the label of the "complete all" quests for the different trials to see when they expire.

In addition to the trials, there are three repeatable quests that will be available all week long!
  • The first is simple: For every 4 raid tickets you spend, you'll get 1 back for free!
  • The second is a quest called 'Participant Award' that requires you to attempt 8 PVP raids. Claiming this quest will unlock three loot-filled dungeons. You will be allowed to choose one to run, after which the dungeons will close until you unlock them again, or will close two hours after they are opened if not completed. PLEASE NOTE: While you can 'overcount' progress towards this quest and progress will continue to count while the dungeon is active, if you claim the quest while the dungeon is active, it will reset your 2-hour timer, but will NOT give you an additional run. You must claim the quest while the dungeon is not active.
  • The third repeatable quest is called "Winner, Winner" (note: chicken dinner not included). This quest requires you to WIN 8 PVP raids. Claiming this quest will activate a random 2-hour boost event for you! The boost will either be 2x gold, 3x evo spawn rate, or a PVP bounty hunter event. IMPORTANT: You can 'overcount' progress for this quest, and can claim it while you have a boost event already active. If you do, you have a chance to get the same boost that you already have active. In that case, the 2-hour timer for that boost will be refreshed. It is possible to have all three boosts active at the same time, but having one boost active will not change your odds to get the other two.

Let's get raiding!

IN ADDITION, today's update comes with a few small updates:
  • Stone Fist’s “Rock on Water” taunt was lasting one turn less than it should have. This has been fixed.
  • The Blessing of the Seeker quest has been moved from the Events tab to the Campaign tab of the quest log.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• NateDogeNateDoge Member
    God ****. Nice
  • gristnamgristnam Member
    So...this looks fun. And challenging.
  • @Joel cool event, a surprise in store perhaps later ?
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    @Joel Cool event, but for lower level players that don't have a many of the required characters unlocked it is very limited
    Gotta save that double gold boost for gold island. :)
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    jmcraven wrote: »
    @Joel Cool event, but for lower level players that don't have a many of the required characters unlocked it is very limited

That's what the repeatable quests are for. Even if you don't have a ton of heroes, there's lots of loot and bonuses to be had all week, not to mention the raid 4, get 1 free. :)
    Treasure Hoards event dungeons, if anyone is interested. I can try to edit and update as I get to the other 2 if others don't beat me to it.
    Gold Hoard
    XP Potion Hoard
    Evo Hoard. I picked this one, 5 rooms, all blue dwarves, pretty easy. Reward was gold chest with 5 blue larva, 5 regular blues, 2 blue monarchs, and 2 coldfire evos. 325 gold and 5 XP earned.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Worst event in a while. Not that this is a bad event in and of itself, but the recent string of great events makes this one look bad by comparison. Nobody going for Boss 100 will bother with these quests.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    @echonap excuse me if I understand this wrong but the 125% value on raid tickets will interest top PvPers very much I would think...
    TTS1000, Officer in Kings of Diamond
    level 70, Roster Power 382k, 574k trophies (stats from July 5th 2017)
  • echonapechonap Member
    I meant the token quests, if it wasn't obvious
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited May 18
    gristnam wrote: »
    Treasure Hoards event dungeons, if anyone is interested. I can try to edit and update as I get to the other 2 if others don't beat me to it.
    Gold Hoard
    XP Potion Hoard
    Evo Hoard. I picked this one, 5 rooms, all blue dwarves, pretty easy. Reward was gold chest with 5 blue larva, 5 regular blues, 2 blue monarchs, and 2 coldfire evos. 325 gold and 5 XP earned.

Just ran the gold hoard, not counting the extra gold from chests shiny objects and treasure rooms the silver chest I got gave me around 500k in gold not sure if it increases if you're lucky enough to get a gold or purple chest, and I'm sure it'll increase a ton of you have the 2x gold from the "win 8 raids" bonus
  • Early estimation on event reward chances:

40% 5x Evo
    25% 2x Gold
    25% 2x Tokens
    10% PvP Bounty Event (Offense / Defense?)
  • DragonDragon Member
    Not so nice event when you get opponents as easy option with high Rune power where you can't drag a useless hero through in warlord.
  • gristnam wrote: »
    Gold Hoard
    XP Potion Hoard

The gold hoard one gave me like 500K.
  • More PVP events with no PVP balance. Most people that I know despise PVP in this game and I think we all know why.
    I really hate leaving negative feedback, but runes and overpowered heroes make PVP frustrating for me and especially my friends who are new players.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member

That's just the way it is sometimes. Even at Lvl 70 I was unable to complete part 20 of a 20 stage quest before Christmas because I didn't have the specific character required (Brom).

You get what you can from events, and keep levelling and building.
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

That's just the way it is sometimes. Even at Lvl 70 I was unable to complete part 20 of a 20 stage quest before Christmas because I didn't have the specific character required (Brom).

You get what you can from events, and keep levelling and building.
    Makes sense. I got the event bonus and got 1x hero tokens
  • danacdanac Member
    echonap wrote: »
    Worst event in a while. Not that this is a bad event in and of itself, but the recent string of great events makes this one look bad by comparison. Nobody going for Boss 100 will bother with these quests.

I did one of the three groups, and will finish another. There are times when a top 100 player can finish a raid with only three heroes.

But even if that weren't the case, I expect later quests will offer tokens Boss players want, and doing a raid or two far left will not hurt one's standings that much.

• KreetallokKreetallok Member
    edited May 19
    nevermind. I just learned how to read :P
    Post edited by Kreetallok on

To be fair, it's nice to see an event that lower level players can enjoy and benefit more from. If you're competing for PvP top 100 surely you're pretty much done with everything else you can, unless a new hero comes out?

A couple of days ago I got the last ascension for Sifu, the last of my heros needing ascension. I don't use him or many others, but now my collection is complete. Until there's a new hero, all celestial evos are just for squashing. Thus Evo Island is no longer a concern.

Several months ago I had 35 million gold, and remarked on this forum that Gold Island came along just when I no longer really needed it. I was told by one player that I'd need all that gold and more. It hasn't proven so, I've never dipped below 30 million since, and now have nearly 60 million, without ever running Gold Island.

I have a bunch of heros still needing tokens, many of then never or very rarely used. Most of these now have daily tokens in the various shops, the aether shop, or as daily rewards. Thus I'm slowly but surely working towards six-starring everyone.

I need lots of totems and Epic materials. Most of my game time every day is spent auto-running the totem dungeons, keeping an eye out for sparkling objects, for the potential loot keys and stamina. It's not unusual to get more stamina from sparkly objects here than it takes to run the dungeon.

What I really need to progress into the upper divisions of PvP, apart from a desire to do so which is currently lacking, is Superior Runes at Heroic and better Legendary levels. In my several attempts to craft superior runes I have yet to craft a legendary.

So what I need is superior materials to craft with, and gems to tune with. On Tuesday I ran Possessed Tomb (20 stamina a run) for superior rune materials (I don't expect actually useful runes). I ran six or seven times, my undead team good enough to auto run except the final boss, and got one superior rune for materials. Every other time I got Shadow Etched Bars, which I can craft myself easily. At that rate of return I'd rather continue going for totems.

Recent events have been great, gaining me much needed tokens and some fun skins, and I generally dislike PvP anyway so this event will get less of my attention, but it's nice to have a bit of a break. Back to back to back great events can eventually feel like lying on the floor having your head kicked by a rugby team.
  • You guys should just make an LLD PvP account where the sole purpose is to get tokens only and not level as much as possible. Do all the quests that require you to kill things or find things for free tokens that rewards no exp. It will take a while but you can build up some heroes this way and get a nice rune from PvP once in a while. You don't run into all the hated issues below.70 ;)
  • mhmzayedmhmzayed Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

To be fair, it's nice to see an event that lower level players can enjoy and benefit more from. If you're competing for PvP top 100 surely you're pretty much done with everything else you can, unless a new hero comes out?

A couple of days ago I got the last ascension for Sifu, the last of my heros needing ascension. I don't use him or many others, but now my collection is complete. Until there's a new hero, all celestial evos are just for squashing. Thus Evo Island is no longer a concern.

Several months ago I had 35 million gold, and remarked on this forum that Gold Island came along just when I no longer really needed it. I was told by one player that I'd need all that gold and more. It hasn't proven so, I've never dipped below 30 million since, and now have nearly 60 million, without ever running Gold Island.

I have a bunch of heros still needing tokens, many of then never or very rarely used. Most of these now have daily tokens in the various shops, the aether shop, or as daily rewards. Thus I'm slowly but surely working towards six-starring everyone.

I need lots of totems and Epic materials. Most of my game time every day is spent auto-running the totem dungeons, keeping an eye out for sparkling objects, for the potential loot keys and stamina. It's not unusual to get more stamina from sparkly objects here than it takes to run the dungeon.

What I really need to progress into the upper divisions of PvP, apart from a desire to do so which is currently lacking, is Superior Runes at Heroic and better Legendary levels. In my several attempts to craft superior runes I have yet to craft a legendary.

So what I need is superior materials to craft with, and gems to tune with. On Tuesday I ran Possessed Tomb (20 stamina a run) for superior rune materials (I don't expect actually useful runes). I ran six or seven times, my undead team good enough to auto run except the final boss, and got one superior rune for materials. Every other time I got Shadow Etched Bars, which I can craft myself easily. At that rate of return I'd rather continue going for totems.

Recent events have been great, gaining me much needed tokens and some fun skins, and I generally dislike PvP anyway so this event will get less of my attention, but it's nice to have a bit of a break. Back to back to back great events can eventually feel like lying on the floor having your head kicked by a rugby team.

HI I hope you have a nice day
    I'm an old player of the game and watched it shifting from tokens collecting to rune crafting and pvp matches and still like it :smiley: i have 2 remarks on your post
    1-you have excess gold because you don't upgrade sup runes I had 30 million gold last week and now completely broke because upgrading a single sup rune cost you if I'm not wrong about 4 million
    2- I have about 40 sup runes without having to run that 20 stamina island "actually i ran 1 or 2 of these islands couple of times for fun but the rest I've never even tried them " ...where i get all those sup material ?? easy most of the latest events drops sup runes that can be used directly "in rare case" or salvaged plus the sup backs in the honor shop and even this i stopped buying because the event with sup runes become more frequent
    sorry for any structural or spelling mistakes because English is not my native language
  • echonapechonap Member
    I change my mind. The chance to activate bounty hunter makes this event pretty good. Still not on par with the recent events, but that's more a compliment to the recent events than a dis to this one.
  • swocoomswocoom Member
    Would have loved to have seen one of the random "winner winner" rewards to be a 2x or 3x items event for 2 hours.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    A 3x materials boost would have been awesome. Especially with the islands open on the weekend.
    mhmzayed wrote: »

HI I hope you have a nice day
    I'm an old player of the game and watched it shifting from tokens collecting to rune crafting and pvp matches and still like it :smiley: i have 2 remarks on your post
    1-you have excess gold because you don't upgrade sup runes I had 30 million gold last week and now completely broke because upgrading a single sup rune cost you if I'm not wrong about 4 million
    2- I have about 40 sup runes without having to run that 20 stamina island "actually i ran 1 or 2 of these islands couple of times for fun but the rest I've never even tried them " ...where i get all those sup material ?? easy most of the latest events drops sup runes that can be used directly "in rare case" or salvaged plus the sup backs in the honor shop and even this i stopped buying because the event with sup runes become more frequent
    sorry for any structural or spelling mistakes because English is not my native language

Yesterday I crafted a Superior Dark Life Rune for my Pontifex Maximus.

I used 1018 gems, and about 3 million gold, to get a lvl 30 Superior 5 star Heroic Rune. That's not a bad rune, but not the legendary I will eventually want.

3 million gold, out of the 60 million I started with, versus 1005 of the 1700 gems I had.

I'm not saying I won't need lots more gold to upgrade superior runes because I know I will. I'm saying that for me, in my current situation, collecting gold is not my current priority, nor has been for at least two months.

If I start burning through my gold reserve faster than I am acquiring gold through normal play I can then start doing Gold Island on a daily basis.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

Well every event isn't going to top the last... be thankful for what ya get and dont get upset
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • echonapechonap Member
    Who is upset? I was just providing feedback
  • phontonxphontonx Member
    edited May 22
    When claiming more than one boost at a time (winner, winner quest), they seem to be "overlapping". Either that, or you can't have more than 2 active at a time. I claimed 4 bonuses at one time and only have two activated. So, I wasted two boosts apparently.

@Joel @Eej Is this correct/expected behaviour?

Additionally, if you claim the participant award a second time (by mistake) you only get one, wasting another reward.
    Post edited by phontonx on
    10328949?gid=

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @phontonx: Like I said, each claiming of "Winner, Winner" randomly selects one of the three boosts and activates it. That means that if you have two of the three already activated, you only have a 1/3 chance of getting the last one, and in the other 2/3s of the time you will refresh the time of one of the other two boosts. I tried my best to explain that in the original post, but it seems you were still confused. Do you have any suggestions on how I can better explain how this works?