Epic blocks ability to apply status effects on basic attack

I did a quick search but did not find anything in the Bug category that already listed this issue.

Basically the gist of the issue is that any hero that has an epic does not seem to apply status effects from their basic attack. Before they have their epic it works, then after the epic, it stops working. e.g. Stone Fist never chills on a melee attack once he has his epic.
From I've tested, it seems so. If you bring Rocky and Lilly and make a Green hero with an Epic a plant, they won't Poison on basic attacks. If you bring Zomm, Executum, and Brom on a team, Brom won't Disease on basic attacks. Also, I've never seen Squinch burn an enemy on Crit since he got his Epic.

There area few other comments related to this in this thread. I am sure there are more that people will link in this thread.
Tagged:

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited May 19
    Yep. Lots of testing and comments in that thread. I'm guessing it's never been formally reported.

Thanks for calling out the verified bug in a separate thread @SatansArmpit. I think that's exactly what it needed to get on someone's radar.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yes, this was established in the Stonefist Epic thread but nobody made a post about it. It works for practically all heroes. Green heroes with Epics who become a plant via Lilly and are on a team with Rocky can't poison on basics. Brom on a team with Zomm and Executum won't Disease on basics.

It's different for Crit effects though, probably since they never specify that they're only for basic attacks. For instance, I've seen Squinch with his Epic Burn enemies with a Crit basic, but it's probably because his passive says "Burn on Crit", not "Burn on Basic attack".
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm having our team look into this. Thank you for all the details and examples!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • *bump* - did this get verified and added to the backlog bug list?
    edited June 8
    Yup, they know about it and are working on it alongside the million other things they're working on! I hope.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    for what its worth, I believe when you use the Dragon Squinch, the proc still works - I could have swore last night I saw squinch lighting a few peeps up...cant confirm with screens or video yet - but i'd be happy to do the research and documentation.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
    ckall056 wrote: »
    for what its worth, I believe when you use the Dragon Squinch, the proc still works - I could have swore last night I saw squinch lighting a few peeps up...cant confirm with screens or video yet - but i'd be happy to do the research and documentation.

I believe Squinch works because it requires Bramble for him to Burn on Crit, meaning perhaps the way the Burn is applied is different. Like if Squinch Crits and Bramble is present, Burn the enemy, as opposed to the Burn coming directly from Squinch. But I'm no code monkey so I'm not sure.