Insane that beloved lets dead heroes kill you to cause a lost battle

I can't be the o oh that thinks they need to fix this right?

Comments

  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/53781/long-dead-heroes-hitting-harder-than-before#latest

    For probably over six months we have been calling for a fix. The minor fix we received was that we don't see the animation of the dead hero rising up and hitting our toon every time now. They potentially all still do it, but we only see some of the ones that do.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I bet that when this game dies, it will still keep taking my money because DB is beloved.
  • danacdanac Member
    It's not a bug, it's a visual shortcut.

    An aoe does not kill everyone immediately.
    It targets each hero in turn.
    That means, when Zen gets killed, every hero after him, *immediately* before the aoe affects them, does their beloved attack.
    However, this would be horrifying to program.
    So as a shortcut they let the aoe attack visual carry through its whole cycle.

    But in the actual mechanics, the heroes killing you aren't dead yet when they're killing you.

    If this *isn't* the case, it *should* be.
  • oredithoredith Member
    danac wrote: »
    It's not a bug, it's a visual shortcut.

    An aoe does not kill everyone immediately.
    It targets each hero in turn.
    That means, when Zen gets killed, every hero after him, *immediately* before the aoe affects them, does their beloved attack.
    However, this would be horrifying to program.
    So as a shortcut they let the aoe attack visual carry through its whole cycle.

    But in the actual mechanics, the heroes killing you aren't dead yet when they're killing you.

    If this *isn't* the case, it *should* be.
    my bigger problem is the inconsistencies in how buffs and debuffs are applied.

    case in point :
    koros and Viperia - they purge before they do damage
    shadowblade - he purges at the end, so you can't purge an invulnerability and then kill them.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    oredith wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    It's not a bug, it's a visual shortcut.

    An aoe does not kill everyone immediately.
    It targets each hero in turn.
    That means, when Zen gets killed, every hero after him, *immediately* before the aoe affects them, does their beloved attack.
    However, this would be horrifying to program.
    So as a shortcut they let the aoe attack visual carry through its whole cycle.

    But in the actual mechanics, the heroes killing you aren't dead yet when they're killing you.

    If this *isn't* the case, it *should* be.
    my bigger problem is the inconsistencies in how buffs and debuffs are applied.

    case in point :
    koros and Viperia - they purge before they do damage
    shadowblade - he purges at the end, so you can't purge an invulnerability and then kill them.

    I never really watch super closely but I think vipera purges at the end too (at least she does have to hit to purge). We just don't notice it because her attack hits three times.
  • danacdanac Member
    Yes, buffs are applied at all different times, before and aoe, before an individual hit, after a hit, after an aoe. Inconsistent, but doesn't bother me so much. Even tho it'd make things easier if it was more consistent.
  • I love how Koros removes enemy burn then nukes them into ash
    ---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    I love how Koros removes enemy burn then nukes them into ash

    I hate how he removes burning and poison from a Kira who is about to die, then Kira dodges.
  • I hope most people knows this but aoe skills hit whatever enemy you touched to activate the skill first and then goes back down the list, so say you got a random bunch of heros lets say viperia Kira grog and zen in that exact order and say everyone but viperia is one hit away from death and you use, say, koros' pyre and you click on grog to activate it, grog will recieve damage first and die, then viperia who somehow lives (just go with it I'm making this up as I go) , then it hits Kira and he dies and lastly, skips over grog since he was hit first and kills zen, only viperia will attack since all the other dead heros were registered as dead before zen actually died and activated beloved.

    Had you selected and killed zen first his beloved basically activated right then and there regardless of who died or lived later and everyone would've attacked.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    What if you have Hooper on your team?
  • danacdanac Member
    Hopper stomps after the attack is over. Won't affect Zen's revenge thing
  • Filthygoon wrote: »
    I hope most people knows this but aoe skills hit whatever enemy you touched to activate the skill first and then goes back down the list, so say you got a random bunch of heros lets say viperia Kira grog and zen in that exact order and say everyone but viperia is one hit away from death and you use, say, koros' pyre and you click on grog to activate it, grog will recieve damage first and die, then viperia who somehow lives (just go with it I'm making this up as I go) , then it hits Kira and he dies and lastly, skips over grog since he was hit first and kills zen, only viperia will attack since all the other dead heros were registered as dead before zen actually died and activated beloved.

    Had you selected and killed zen first his beloved basically activated right then and there regardless of who died or lived later and everyone would've attacked.

    That makes a bit of sense.. if so, why wouldn't one of the devs state that in the 100 times it's been asked before? And put it to bed.

    ---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • What about pack tactics? Does it work in the same way?
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com