Hero Spotlight: Admiral Kreel

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 25 in Hero Spotlights
h0w0p1umcq1s.png

Background:
Admiral Kreel was the greatest warrior the Reptile armies have ever known. Able to take down entire armies on his own, using natural water affinity and tides to his advantage, disrupting enemy formations and wreaking havoc through their ranks, he quickly rose to prominence, taking control of the Gorgon’s Navy, and always fighting in their name. He and General Krexx came to vie for their notice regularly, competing to see who took down the bigger conquest, until fortune favored Krexx. He and Kreel encountered a legendary behemoth, who froze most of their naval army. Both reptiles launched themselves at the titan in a fury, and Kreel scored the first hit, held the monsters focus, and was beginning to gain the upper hand. General Krexx, in a stunning move of treachery, left Admiral Kreel to search for an even greater fight instead, and Kreel was sucker punched with the sudden betrayal, frozen solid, encapsulated in a block of magical ice and left adrift at sea. Enough time has passed, for the magic of the ice to fade away, and Kreel has returned to world, eyesight hindered from the long sleep, to find the Gorgons and seek vengeance on the one who betrayed him.

Most Hated Hero: General Krexx

Element: Water: +30% bonus against FIRE enemies, -25% vs NATURE enemies.

Tags: Reptile, Warrior

Traits:
  • ARMORED – Takes less damage from Physical attacks.
  • CHALLENGE ACCEPTED – Boosted damage vs Taunting enemies.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • VENOMOUS SWING – basic Melee Physical attack that has chance to add Venom.
  • RAGING RAPIDS – Melee Physical attack on target with splash damage to all other enemies. Chance to add backsplash and 4 Venom to each enemy.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 12
  • Water Evo: 45
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 15
  • Shadow Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • CHALLENGE ACCEPTED II – Boosted damage vs Taunting enemies.
  • THAT’S A MORAY – Marks the last target hit, and takes less damage from all unmarked enemies. When no mark is on the enemy team, take less damage from all sources

New Ability!
  • CHOW DOWN – 3 Melee Physical Bite attacks on all enemies, Purges 3 Venom on each hit for increased damage.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo Monarch: 35
  • Dark Evo: 40
  • Stormwind Evo: 8
  • Runed Evo: 4

New Trait!
  • VENOMOUS PARALYSIS – Venomed targets have a reduced chance to dodge attacks from all allies.
  • FEEDING FRENZY – Follows an allied Gorgon attack with a basic attack.

New Ability!
  • OLD FAITHFUL – Ranged Water attack on target enemy with splash damage to all other enemies. Purges all Venom from target for increased damage and chance to Drench.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• WolfreichWolfreich Member
    NICE!!!, Venomous Paralysis is great.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited May 25
    -
    Post edited by MonkeyHunter on
  • BiffBiff Member
    Joel wrote: »
    h0w0p1umcq1s.png

Element: Water: +30% bonus against FIRE enemies, -25% vs WATER enemies.

Shouldn't that be -25% vs NATURE enemies?

Either way, looks pretty cool!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Biff wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be -25% vs NATURE enemies?

Whooops!
  • oredithoredith Member
    @Joel , can you please confirm the verbiage regarding the daily quests for 100 token unlock?

is that including the 50x repeatable quest to attempt pvp with reptile on your team 4x?

if so, that's 200 raids in 4 days, or 50 a day, which well exceeds the free tickets per day.

i'm not looking to argue about if that's a good or bad thing, i just want to know if that 50 tokens is factored into the 100 to unlock, or if that's in addition to the 100 that will be rewarded from other quests.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    h0w0p1umcq1s.png

What a weird doggo
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    In case you were wondering. His tokens are not available in the Aether shop.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 25
    He and Kreel encountered a legendary behemoth, who froze most of their naval army.

IGOROK?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Why is there a water reptile before a water goblin?
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Why is there a water reptile before a water goblin?

Because water reptiles are cooler! :)
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 69
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    I'm just happy that cobressa's healing bs is fixed.
  • Joel wrote: »
    He and Kreel encountered a legendary behemoth, who froze most of their naval army.

IGOROK?

Legendary...Behemoth...Freezing... yep that's Igorok. I mean, IGOROK.

Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Looks like we have a counter to Koros then.
    If the attacking rouges lets him live long enough to backsplash the manticore..........

Make Undead Great Again

IGOROK?

That's weird, though. Krexx grants Reptiles immunity to Freeze, and Kreel would have natural Freeze resistance, being Blue... unless he wasn't Blue before the battle, and him being perma-frozen made him into a Blue hero?
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Joel wrote: »

IGOROK?

That's weird, though. Krexx grants Reptiles immunity to Freeze, and Kreel would have natural Freeze resistance, being Blue... unless he wasn't Blue before the battle, and him being perma-frozen made him into a Blue hero?
    krexx ran away leaving kreel to fight alone so basically krexx took the immunity with him I suppose
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    mrdahl wrote: »
    If the attacking rouges lets him live long enough to backsplash the manticore..........
    How would backsplash counter Koros? He just will kill everyone except himself.
    Schnuppe wrote: »

The best counter to Koros is still Indigo. It was even his most hated hero when he came out. She pretty much always either Silences or kills him outright. I can see how this guy would be good against Koros, but normally Koros is the first Normal speed hero on the enemy team after Shade and/or MK, so Kreel wouldn't even really have a chance to Backsplash him... and yeah, even if he did, he's still doing full damage to your team.
  • GinokillGinokill Member
    the mission that I do there aren't but

on the screen I see

the rise of kreel 4/5
    complete all day 1 event quest
    1 Kreel's recruits I do one time
    dredging for evos I do 1 time
    reptile training
    it's cold in here I do two times
    find the defectors I do one time
  • thorniothornio Member
    I feel like an upcoming event Krexx vs Kreel is coming
  • hadouryuhadouryu Member
    he need a buff and a fast trait
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    thornio wrote: »
    I feel like an upcoming event Krexx vs Kreel is coming

That's pretty much what this event is. :P
    Ginokill wrote: »
    the mission that I do there aren't but

on the screen I see

the rise of kreel 4/5
    complete all day 1 event quest
    1 Kreel's recruits I do one time
    dredging for evos I do 1 time
    reptile training
    it's cold in here I do two times
    find the defectors I do one time

So it looks you you need to finish Kreel's Recruits. That's to bring a blue hero into a PvP battle 8 times, right? Sounds like you have 1/8?
    Just attempt/win 7 more PvP raids with a blue hero on your team, it can be any blue hero.
  • edited May 27
    Schnuppe wrote: »

The best counter to Koros is still Indigo. It was even his most hated hero when he came out. She pretty much always either Silences or kills him outright. I can see how this guy would be good against Koros, but normally Koros is the first Normal speed hero on the enemy team after Shade and/or MK, so Kreel wouldn't even really have a chance to Backsplash him... and yeah, even if he did, he's still doing full damage to your team.

Agree with your kreel analysis but not the indigo part. This usually is not a situation where one or the other is acceptable. Yes I am almost always seeking to either silence or kill koros before he gets to go but a vast majority of the time only one of those options is acceptable. If I am seeking to silence koros it is probably because if I kill him leo or emily will revive him and kill me. Killing koros is obviously ideal anytime there's no reviver but when I plan on killing him he better actually die because his basic attack is pretty deadly. If I didn't bring emily because I counted on him dying and he is only silenced he could easily hit the wrong guy and cost me the match.

I like Indigo but reality is she's just not useful in PVP. Her first move has a lot going for it but its all chance of this or that. You can't actually count on her for anything, it's a RNG fest. If you rely on her match after match the only thing that is certain is that she'll keep ending your streaks over time and frustrating you.

If I want koros silenced - rocky. If I want him killed - shade (or maybe SB situationally). If you can't count on hitting him since rocky added dodge - leo or krex and the snakes.

Indigo is great for pve though, love the energy gain there.
    centralcommand
  • Set9080Set9080 Member
    Admiral Kreel looks like a Naga from WC3 frozen throne. I like it :)
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to rune him?
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
    lythstihl wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to rune him?

Because he's Water element he doesn't get much attack outside of his Red/Purple slots and maybe a Yellow Champion rune if you've got one. He has a decent amount of bulk though, and doesn't really gain any benefits from Crit. I'd say he's pretty straight forward, Life and Bulwark for his Blue slots (Doesn't really matter which, both his Defense and Health are already pretty solid). Battle/Power for his Red/Blue (Although if you have the resources, Vampiric runes wouldn't be bad since Skill affects Drench from his third ability, and I think it might even affect the damage reduction from his That's A Moray... not sure though). Yellow is sort of up to you, Champion is probably best, but if you don't have one, Bulwark, or any of the special material runes (ones at the bottom that need medals/fangs) will do.
  • danacdanac Member
    Yellow is sort of up to you, Champion is probably best, but if you don't have one, Bulwark, or any of the special material runes (ones at the bottom that need medals/fangs) will do.

How many yellow champions are there, and is Kreel even on the long list for one?
    danac wrote: »
    Yellow is sort of up to you, Champion is probably best, but if you don't have one, Bulwark, or any of the special material runes (ones at the bottom that need medals/fangs) will do.

How many yellow champions are there, and is Kreel even on the long list for one?

Sigh... Champion runes. If you're bad at PvP though, I guess you would never have heard about them.
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

Sigh... Champion runes. If you're bad at PvP though, I guess you would never have heard about them.

I haven't been counting. But even finishing in top 100 would give you, what 4? 6? yellow Champions.
    So I ask, Is Kreel on the short list of heroes for those runes?