Hero Spotlight: Admiral Kreel

2»

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    Yellow is sort of up to you, Champion is probably best, but if you don't have one, Bulwark, or any of the special material runes (ones at the bottom that need medals/fangs) will do.

How many yellow champions are there, and is Kreel even on the long list for one?

Sigh... Champion runes. If you're bad at PvP though, I guess you would never have heard about them.

I haven't been counting. But even finishing in top 100 would give you, what 4? 6? yellow Champions.
    So I ask, Is Kreel on the short list of heroes for those runes?

I... what? Rune to your heroes any way you want. I'd put a Champion Rune on him since he doesn't have much room elsewhere for runes that can up his Attack stat, but I'm not an expert on runes... I wouldn't say there's a "short list", any hero you had a yellow Rune slot and desperately needs Attack can use one I suppose. My Icepick has one.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • danacdanac Member

I... what? Rune to your heroes any way you want. I'd put a Champion Rune on him since he doesn't have much room elsewhere for runes that can up his Attack stat, but I'm not an expert on runes... I wouldn't say there's a "short list", any hero you had a yellow Rune slot and desperately needs Attack can use one I suppose. My Icepick has one.

I was merely wondering about the applicability of this advice for people in general, to whom you were speaking, about whether there would be available Champion runes to put on Kreel, rather than affixing said aforementioned runes to a hero they might serve a better purpose on.

I was merely wondering about the applicability of this advice for people in general, to whom you were speaking, about whether there would be available Champion runes to put on Kreel, rather than affixing said aforementioned runes to a hero they might serve a better purpose on.

In that case, it's pretty much just MK you want to have them, and then it's really up to you. BD too if you use her. Once you have them on those heroes, it's practically any hero who has a yellow slot who you think needs more attack - like how I put one on Icepick because he was just barely doing enough damage before.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    I'm more curious about this... has anyone found Kreel worth putting runes on?

If so, in what context and with what team?
  • MavStlMavStl Member
    In my opinion, he seems pretty useless so far. I was hoping he would be a great 4th for the team but being regular speed and not doing anything special of note he just doesn't fit. You really need Krex's auto taunt, Cob's buffs and Vip's dmg then a fast to have any chance. Kai and Kreel are basically the same guy with Kai outshining Kreel being fast. If Shade didn't exist Shroom, Krex, Cob and Vip would be one of the elite teams. While Shade is the hard counter this team is still quite good and doesn't leave room for Kreel.
    MavStl wrote: »
    In my opinion, he seems pretty useless so far. I was hoping he would be a great 4th for the team but being regular speed and not doing anything special of note he just doesn't fit. You really need Krex's auto taunt, Cob's buffs and Vip's dmg then a fast to have any chance. Kai and Kreel are basically the same guy with Kai outshining Kreel being fast. If Shade didn't exist Shroom, Krex, Cob and Vip would be one of the elite teams. While Shade is the hard counter this team is still quite good and doesn't leave room for Kreel.

My take on it is that Kreel won't be the last reptile, and eventually we'll get to mix and match which reptiles go together. Kreel is like Squinch if you ask me. A normal speed warrior who doesn't really have amazing synergy on his team but is still decent on his own. Perhaps in the future there will be other reptiles and heroes who Kreel will work better with, but in the meantime I agree - he's a pretty 'meh' hero.
  • He follows up Gorgon attacks with an attack, he reduces enemies' dodge, and does extra damage to taunting targets making him a good counter to Furnace. His basic attack adds venom, benefitting all the reptiles. That's before you use any of his special attacks.

What do you want from a Reptile hero? Instant mega-death?

Barleyman wrote: »
    He follows up Gorgon attacks with an attack, he reduces enemies' dodge, and does extra damage to taunting targets making him a good counter to Furnace. His basic attack adds venom, benefitting all the reptiles. That's before you use any of his special attacks.

I don't think he's necessarily bad, just not as good as the other Reptiles. Probably would've made them too OP if he was, though.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    He follows up Gorgon attacks with an attack, he reduces enemies' dodge, and does extra damage to taunting targets making him a good counter to Furnace. His basic attack adds venom, benefitting all the reptiles. That's before you use any of his special attacks.

I don't think he's necessarily bad, just not as good as the other Reptiles. Probably would've made them too OP if he was, though.

He just doesn't really have a place. He really adds nothing relevant to the reptiles team, usually you'd be much better served by either a fast hero, emily or lily. He can slot into the armored DR team (furnace, bauble, valkin) but again you're better off with a fast as the 4th.

He can be an obnoxious defender, there were a few defenses that slotted in a fully DR kreel when he first came out, usually surrounded by other mega-DR heroes. But he wasn't unbeatably good there, just a bit on the annoying side. And we have far too few blue champion runes to justify throwing them on someone who is only used on defense.

If he was a total wimp he could at least be an MK counter in some situations. But he's not.

I gave up looking for things to do with him. He hangs out with selwyn and co on Hooli's roof for now. Maybe when the legendary reptile finally comes out or all these combat changes happen he'll get another look.
    centralcommand
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

Not to my taste.

Maybe instant The Killers, or instant Arcade Fire.
  • ThundRThundR Member
    This is the Kreel deal
    One is never complete...
  • oredithoredith Member
    Kreel is like Squinch if you ask me. A normal speed warrior who doesn't really have amazing synergy on his team but is still decent on his own.
    lol, what? you think squinch is decent on his own? X_X
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    oredith wrote: »
    Kreel is like Squinch if you ask me. A normal speed warrior who doesn't really have amazing synergy on his team but is still decent on his own.
    lol, what? you think squinch is decent on his own? X_X

You... you don't? By "on his own", I just mean as like, a filler spot on any team. I mean like not on a Goblin team. Not solo, lol. If I meant totally alone, I would've said Bovus. No, I just meant Kreel and Squinch are sort of the same in the sense they're both "meh" heroes who have "meh" synergies on their respective teams, but because they don't have to be on a special team to be good, they can work as filler on more casual teams. For example, Squinch works very well on those Boss Mode dungeons that require you to only use Fire heroes. He can deal a lot of damage, but isn't as squishy as the likes of Koros or Nitpick.

I should also mention my Squinch has 7.5k Health and over 4.2k Attack.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I'm with @oredith on this one. Squinch has barely seen the light of day since Kozar debuted and took his spot on the gob team. He was decent in PVE when you actually needed his warrior hunter or double dmg on taunts, but runes essentially overshadow those passives. Now the only time I use him is when I want to see his impression of Negan.
    The Empire is recruiting.
    echonap wrote: »
    I'm with @oredith on this one. Squinch has barely seen the light of day since Kozar debuted and took his spot on the gob team. He was decent in PVE when you actually needed his warrior hunter or double dmg on taunts, but runes essentially overshadow those passives. Now the only time I use him is when I want to see his impression of Negan.

Koros is cool and all but I just prefer Squinch's faster attack animations and the fact he has an Epic.
2»