Only level essential characters

KangKang Member
edited May 26 in New to the Dungeons?
As of May 25th, your match difficulty is based on roster power of heroes you may not ever end up using. I suggest new players focus on the following heroes for PvP and hold off unlocking any non-essential heroes:

PvP
Shade
Viperia
Lily
Cobressa
Viperia
Krexx
Krell
Furnace
Valkin
M. Kira
Shadowblade
Hopper
Zen
Rocky
Bauble
Koros
Ember
Aria
Kobal (only use is to die in PvP for disease, no runes needed except maybe some skill)
Emily
Leonidus

PvE
Grogg Nogg
and a few others, as few as possible.

At the same time, limiting your roster will need to be balanced with Tower of Pwnage completion--and tower completion will be easiest with the above PvP roster equipped with strong runes.
Post edited by Kang on

Comments

• xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    No love for Kai in PvP?
    Also, Leo and Emily are kind of worthless with Hopper in the mix now.
  • This seems like kind of a silly post.

New players I would recommend you ignore this. This is a known issue and I would imagine it will be fixed within the month. By the time this would even be applicable to any new players (Who weren't dumping hundreds into power leveling to prove a point), the issue would no longer exist.

Now I worry new players will find this thread months from now and actually follow the advice >.<
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I suggest new players have fun and level up everybody. Concentrate on the heroes you like and use most.
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    I am waiting for the day when standard leveling practices yield appropriate gold and xp rewards to even keep the rosters up to speed - unfortunately, my account will be level 70 by that point...
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    ckall056 wrote: »
    I am waiting for the day when standard leveling practices yield appropriate gold and xp rewards to even keep the rosters up to speed - unfortunately, my account will be level 70 by that point...

If you're entirely free to play then it's going to be a grind keeping your heroes leveled and ascended and their skills leveled to match your player level. I hit VIP 4 very early by buying three packages, and never had a problem. The potions and gold I collected through normal daily play allowed me to level my most used heroes as soon as I hit the new level, and before I got to the next player level I had all my heroes fully developed.

That was before they put runes in the mix, but also before gold island existed, so those factors probably balance out.

This is a game of stepping stones. If you never use Rogar and Willow because you consider them useless for PvP, it's going to take an awfully long time to get anywhere.

• ckall056ckall056 Member
    its ok actually - the account im referring to is my vip-0 alt, but i agree big time.
    when i got to about 45 on my main, i almost felt compelled to buy...i was so far behind and couldnt compete on any level.and of course wouldnt you know, as soon as I hit 50 at the time, they raised level cap the next day...FML
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • KangKang Member
    I did forget Kai :) Matt is right in a way; while I don't think this issue will be fixed in a month, I do think the new heroes released between starting this strategy and getting to 70 will likely change the PvP metas enough to make several of the listed characters obsolete and one's efforts slightly wasted. Also, the rp formula used, if calculated intelligently, probably just uses a subset of those characters I listed, hence limiting your roster may actually have little impact.
    Since the RP heroes aren't known, the advice above could have 0 effect. I would suspect, and expect, that the RP heroes are popular PvP.
  • nunyanunya Member
    They aren't. The RP heroes seem to be PVE heroes for the most part. :(
    nunya
  • They used to be PvE heroes and PvP heroes. After the update a couple weeks ago, the CRP consists "mostly" of PvP heroes from my testing. The list is fairly good in my honest opinion. You can lower your Matchmaking Value, but you'll feel the impact by not having certain heroes available to you in PvP.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 10
    I chose to focus on PvE first, and this system would seem to put me at an automatic disadvantage in PvP.

I've traditionally focused on PvE first in most games, both because of my play philosophy (compete against self first) and because I keep odd hours and can't fully commit right now to interactivity with others.

So if your match is based on a set of PvP heroes that the devs feel are the most appropriate, but if you are a poor PvP'er (which I am) and have no clue what the best heroes are, you pay a penalty for that - right?

For me, PvP is just a way to get honor and complete quests, and its very slow at that. It seems like each season I barely reach a certain league, then am thrown back to where, or sometimes even earlier, than I started. I LIKE quest completion and I really like some of the things I can buy with honor, it just seems like honor gathers so very slowly for me, and because of the treadmill, the league almost becomes unimportant (Unless I want an item from the shop that requires a league I can attain.)

This may well change when I finish my focus on PvE and have the resources and or time and or skill/brainpower to really try to learn PvP but for now, its just frustrating to attain a league position only to be thrown back to the start each week.

• sirtainly wrote: »
    I chose to focus on PvE first, and this system would seem to put me at an automatic disadvantage in PvP.

I've traditionally focused on PvE first in most games, both because of my play philosophy (compete against self first) and because I keep odd hours and can't fully commit right now to interactivity with others.

So if your match is based on a set of PvP heroes that the devs feel are the most appropriate, but if you are a poor PvP'er (which I am) and have no clue what the best heroes are, you pay a penalty for that - right?

For me, PvP is just a way to get honor and complete quests, and its very slow at that. It seems like each season I barely reach a certain league, then am thrown back to where, or sometimes even earlier, than I started. I LIKE quest completion and I really like some of the things I can buy with honor, it just seems like honor gathers so very slowly for me, and because of the treadmill, the league almost becomes unimportant (Unless I want an item from the shop that requires a league I can attain.)

This may well change when I finish my focus on PvE and have the resources and or time and or skill/brainpower to really try to learn PvP but for now, its just frustrating to attain a league position only to be thrown back to the start each week.

Sounds like we're of one mind, sirtainly. For the last 3 weeks I've started each PvP season in Champion III, ended in Champion I, and dropped back to Champion III. That's a slight improvement on the previous weeks.

What I most need to do better in PvP is better runes. What's stopping me from developing better runes is shortage of gems. I can get all the other necessary ingredients faster.Once I can build the runes I need I expect to gradually climb the leagues each week.

In the meantime I'm building the epics, which help greatly in PvP and PvE.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    That's a normal progression. That's why you start with PVE and PVP only becomes available later -- PVE is really there to develop your heroes and PVP is there to test them. So it's normal to build heroes up in PVE and have the focus in later game shift to the PVP competitions.
    sirtainly wrote: »

Honor summon is my most reliable way to get celestial evos for me. Plus Ponti SB and BD are in there, as well as nub. Why spend 1950 honor on 5 tokens when you get at least 12 for the se investment in the honor summon?

I buy specific evos from honor shop, especially the infinity Evo. Other than that, all honor summon.
  • i try this and this is not working, i have a total of 160k Roster power at lvl 67, and my enemies in pvp always have 200k+ roster power, sometimes i get tied with lvl 70 with 300k roster power