2»

Comments

• Do we really need combat revamp? Revamps, in my experience, tend to make things that are simple, much less simple.
  • oredithoredith Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much going into any major update with lots of skepticism and really only expecting to see something not deliver as promised followed by a "it didn't meet our expectations" type of "apology" and they will do better next time.

But one can always hope for it to be great right?
    I think there's actually a lot more riding on this combat revamp than the GG promises, mostly because GGs are isolated to the small period of time that the GG's are ongoing. we may think it totally missed, and totally sucked, but ultimately, when the GG is over, the "fail" doesn't have any direct impact to the rest of the game.

the CR will touch on every single aspect of the game except maybe the rune crafting. not only that, it's been talked about in one way or another by the devs as the placeholder solution to countless problems; that they're holding off on addressing a specific issue because it's tied into a greater balance issue that will come with the overall CR. stuff like 100% DR, shade, MK, buff/debuff order of operation inconsistencies, etc.

the fact that there's a refusal to even let us know what the INTENDED changes are, even in broad scope (something like "hey, we agree that MK is maddening with the unpredictable dodge and tenacity, we intend to make the encounters a lot less RNG based"). The only feedback they have is from the focus group; while the focus group is definitely a good start, maybe as good of a start as you can get, i think it's a mistake to use the limited view of the focus group as THE way to fix combat related issues.

in short, to say that I'm "not optimistic" about the CR would be a grossly exaggerated statement of optimism.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Yes everything you said on point, in a nutshell I Would like to be able to use a lot of my heroes in pvp instead of the same 10ish heroes, I didn't know if CR can achievethat but I'm hoping
  • I agree 80% with you @oredith , I think the combat revamp greatly affects rune crafting, in so much as which runes are good to craft, right now it's all about attack and damage reduction, there is no reason to craft:
    • Destruction runes: attack is vastly superior i to destruction for doing damage.
    • Defense runes: attack's dominance n the formula makes defense largely irrelevant.
    • Dodge runes: with a 25% cap (thankfully) you don't need many to max someone's dodge or none (for MK)
    • Skill runes: with skill still being an new development and only some information being available on what it now affects I feel it's a tie of a crapshoot.
    • Health runes: the damage wrought on by a super high attack makes health in the doses received from runes irrelevant. This could also be due to the prevelance of fast heroes dominating pvp.
    • Critical chance: here I am undecided as I can see value in a high crit but crit damage is just double (for the most part) so attack just seems better Han relying on RNG.

Honestly I think all stat boosts from runes should be capped, making the need to equip characters with some variety of runes.so a character could have an attack boost of up to 50% of their base or what-not. Thus placing a ceiling on run away stats.
  • oredithoredith Member
    edited July 6
    should i be reading into the fact that the TLDR is now offline?

edit: and no longer stickied.
    Post edited by oredith on
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Yeah what's up with "offline" ???
  • danacdanac Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Yeah what's up with "offline" ???

It's something that used to exist before wifi and ubiquitous coverage.

It can possibly be attained nowadays by people turning off their devices, but that's just a rumor.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Or by going camping out here in the beautiful west coast. :) But honestly just wondering why they got pulled?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Why is setlist offline? I don't know where he is but if he finds a nearby Starbucks, he can get back online.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Why is setlist offline? I don't know where he is but if he finds a nearby Starbucks, he can get back online.

898nn4qo3vuo.jpg
  • oredithoredith Member
    so, was there a summit this past weekend?
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @oredith - the summit was offline. Everyone just talked to themselves.

I talk to myself all the time.

I find myself interesting, because I never know what I'm going to say next.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    P.S. most summits have no cell reception and certainly no wifi. Sat phones work but do you really want to be distracted by gold island when you're in the death zone and bad weather is moving in? Head back down and do your crowns at base camp.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    P.S. most summits have no cell reception and certainly no wifi. Sat phones work but do you really want to be distracted by gold island when you're in the death zone and bad weather is moving in? Head back down and do your crowns at base camp.

Plus throwing your phone when MK dodges 10 times in a row might start an avalanche.
2»