How to Attack Reptile Teams?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
I know I'm a little late in asking, and I should know by now, and there's probably a guide somewhere... But the Reptiles got a new hero recently, and some bug fixes, and other changes, so older posts might be a bit out-dated.

Does anyone know what the best way to attack the following teams are;

Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Kreel
Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Matsuta Kira
Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Rocky
Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Astrid
Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Lupina

These are pretty much the only variants I've seen, and they're all super intimidating. From what I remember, it's a good idea to bring a strong Shade who can kill Viperia, but that's about all I know how to do. My Shade is strong enough to do that... unless the Viperia builds tanky because the defender knows what their raiders are up to. But then what? And what if Shade doesn't kill Viperia?

Who should I be bringing on my team to counter these teams?
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!

Comments

• kuyaigskuyaigs Member

I normally go with Astrid/Furnace/Kai/Bauble but there is some dependency on the runes equipped as you will need to survive a few rounds with an invincible viperia and/or cobressa.

I counter this one with Koros/Emily/Kobal/Shade. You can swap out Emily but I have her as an insurance because of the aforementioned invincibility. Spirit link to viperia, then haunted past to take her out. Koros should then take out krexx and rocky, then it should be 1 vs 4.

• Kai/furnace/bauble/valkin for all of them, assuming your bauble and valkin are runed correctly. Slow battle, but won't ever lose. If you out-rune them by a fair bit, switch kai out for MK or shade to speed things up.

I like that team because I don't have to think about it at all. But if you like strategy and faster wins, there are lots of other options depending on their exact setup. Lupina/MK type teams. Kobal/shade if they run rocky, Koros rez teams if they don't run lily, etc.

Once you get the hang of them, straight reptiles are usually an easy win.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Kai/furnace/bauble/valkin for all of them, assuming your bauble and valkin are runed correctly. Slow battle, but won't ever lose. If you out-rune them by a fair bit, switch kai out for MK or shade to speed things up.

I like that team because I don't have to think about it at all. But if you like strategy and faster wins, there are lots of other options depending on their exact setup. Lupina/MK type teams. Kobal/shade if they run rocky, Koros rez teams if they don't run lily, etc.

My Furnace is runes with Battle, Life and Bulwark runes, Bauble is Skill, Tactics, and one Battle Rune, Valkin is... well, I gotta re-rune him because his runes are sad, but they're just Bulwark/Battle. Kai has no runes yet.

I guess what I'm asking is how should they be runed? I heard Bauble is supposed to go full Damage Reduction.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Here are a few:

Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/MK - I use Kobal/Bauble/Furnance/Emily (slow battle, just outlast them. Furnace should be all attack).

Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Rocky - I use Vipera/Kobal/Ember/Shade (Ember buffs team, Shade spirit links Viperia stealing her haste, Shade then haunts Viperia, killing her, then Viperia attacks Cobressa and hopefully kills the rest)
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Kai/furnace/bauble/valkin for all of them, assuming your bauble and valkin are runed correctly. Slow battle, but won't ever lose. If you out-rune them by a fair bit, switch kai out for MK or shade to speed things up.

How do you rune Valkin and Bauble?

• danacdanac Member
    Wait until night, when they're slow and lethargic.

I know I'm a little late in asking, and I should know by now, and there's probably a guide somewhere... But the Reptiles got a new hero recently, and some bug fixes, and other changes, so older posts might be a bit out-dated.

Does anyone know what the best way to attack the following teams are;

Other people with better runes gave answers, here's mine:
    For highly runed teams, I go Kai Furnace Astrid bauble. It's safest team I have.

If I think I can handle it runewise, I go Furnace Emily Bauble Viperia.
    My Viperia can reliably kill 2-4 of all but the strongest of those teams, even with Rocky there.

The key issue is Cobressa, especially with Champion red runes, being able to kill my poor Bauble, who's only like 50-65% dr.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited May 30

My Furnace is runes with Battle, Life and Bulwark runes, Bauble is Skill, Tactics, and one Battle Rune, Valkin is... well, I gotta re-rune him because his runes are sad, but they're just Bulwark/Battle. Kai has no runes yet.

I guess what I'm asking is how should they be runed? I heard Bauble is supposed to go full Damage Reduction.

This is gonna be long...
    I hesitate to say exactly how you should rune them, as some of it depends on the quality of runes you have access to and personal preference. I'll give a basic idea for each of the four on the KFBV team below, along with how I have them runed. Others will have slightly different opinions, I'm sure. Keep in mind that I do use some PvP reward runes for this setup, particularly blue champions, but I think most of this should be duplicate-able for most players who want to heavily invest their time in PvP, even if it means crafting slightly inferior versions of some of the PvP reward runes. A team like this is slow, but will win against a huge number of the defensive setups out there, so worth the investment. This is the team I tell my 6 year old son to use when he wants to play, and it gets him a 90%+ win rate. He does most of my pvp now unless streaking for top 100. From most important to least:

Bauble - Bauble is key to this. He needs to be around to heal furnace (and boost valkins attack when furnace is ok). He flat out needs to survive as many attacks as possible. You want to go full damage reduction, stacked with furnace passive and flying passive. All physical attacks should do essentially 0 damage. As a general rule for these builds, similar to others like Emily, your overall goal is to get as close as you can to 50% normal damage reduction (the cap) and 40% PvP damage reduction. This is usually done by crafting planning and tactics runes for all slots except green. Then craft a double dmg reduction aegis rune for green. Note that the PvP dmg reduction can roll from 5 to 10%, so you're going to need a lot of rolls before you get a set of 10%ers. Plan it out so you know how many greaters vs superiors you need. For instance, as in the screenshot below, I'm within one percent of being DR capped with just greater yellow plannings and a heroic aegis, so no real motivation at all to spend gems trying to upgrade any of those. If you don't have a blue PvP reward rune, you may have to splurge on the superiors long term. On your red tactics rune, all you care about is the PvP dmg reduction, so feel free to use low tier crafts there to save resources.
    bqvqfsib8ycx.jpg

Valkin - You want your Valkin to survive, but also do some decent damage. If you have access to really good dmg reduction runes, you can get away with 3 defense and 2 offensive runes. I could see needing to switch to a 4th defense if your runes aren't greater legendary or above, though. I've always done full damage reduction over bulwark, so you're stacking it with the boost from furnace. Same general dmg reduction rules apply as with bauble. I'm curious though if anyone out there goes bulwark for him instead, and how that works. He's still pretty soft against magic damage using just DR. Shade/ponti will kill him, for instance. Also, 4th effects on your offensive runes can be a huge help for Valkin. (I know my yellow here isn't great. Stole a superior from him to use with viperia a while back and never got around to replacing it).
    h296ebpd692s.jpg

Furnace - Much defense on furnace is generally a waste, since bauble can heal him and he can only take 25% max damage anyway. I like to go 4 attack runes and 1 defensive rune. Some prefer 3-2 instead. It used to be that +%dmg helped his burn damage, but that's scaled off skill now, so my runes aren't ideal anymore, though good enough to do what he needs.
    u41weesj7qfd.jpg

Kai - I just tossed whatever decent defensive runes I had kicking around on kai. Didn't waste gems crafting anything specific. His job is to last one round and drench the other team. Some people like to mix some attack in on him, but with the prevalence of high attack shades and MKs in the current meta, I prefer all out defense just to be safe. I don't care if he does no damage at all.
    au7za9zujizj.jpg
    Post edited by Skip_Holmes on
  • KaceyKacey Member

Ember lupina shade viperia (shade on viperia)

Kobal shade mk viperia

Kobal shade mk viperia/koros use spirit link to steal haste, use the haste to use haunted past on viperia.

Ember shade viperia lily(shade on viperia)

Ember shade mk viperia

FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Thanks for the detailed response Skip!
  • heelerheeler Member
    Thank you for this! Really excellent, @Skip_Holmes !
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Which order was the Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx/Kreel teams you mention becuase the most common order I find is Kreel/Viperia/Cobressa/Krexx
    One is never complete...
  • farfellafarfella Member
    For the runes question, not sure who made this and there are
    It's of similar things floating around on the forums but... here.

ijqcu24rm6b3.png
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!