Embrace the Darkness with the Demon Rune War!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
497tbkoez6c5.png

The Demons have emerged from the shadows during a rare eclipse! It is time for them to fight in the Rune War and cause mischief across the realm! For the next week, all Demons gain the Dark Dealings passive, which gives them a chance to steal a buff from an enemy after successfully hitting them in both PVP and PVE. Doesn't seem like a very good deal for the hero losing the buff, but it's definitely a great deal for the Demons.

Like the last Rune War, this is a week-long event and we will be adding at least one new quest every day. None of these quests will expire before the end of the event, and we also have FIVE repeatable quests that are available starting now. All of these quests will pay out event tickets that you can use to buy fabulous prizes of your choosing.

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hm... okay. Was hoping for something like a Demon team rework, or an Epic for one of the Demons who doesn't have one yet, or a new Demon hero, but this'll do for now I suppose.

Too bad the Demon team is literal garbage in PvP. You might as well not even grant them the passive in PvP since they're not going to live long enough to make use of it.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 5
    Are Ekko/Shade gaining the demon tag soon?

They seem to be in the company of demons in the ticket shop... Maybe Ekko will be an Undead Demon with an Epic that gives demons some healing ?
  • I love the stages that provide plenty of mats, and appreciate that, but would it be possible for you guys to include some of the lower level mats? Always seem to be short on those.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    Nice rewards on the dungeons, guys. Also, thanks for shade tokens in the event shop
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Are Ekko/Shade gaining the demon tag soon?

They seem to be in the company of demons in the ticket shop... Maybe Ekko will be an Undead Demon with an Epic that gives demons some healing ?

I don't see why they would. They're just not Demons, after all. Maybe they could do something more with the "Spirit" tag, though. Like remove Ekko's Undead and make Spirit something similar to Undead, but not quite. And then maybe some Spirit/Demon synergy and a new hero who's both Demon and Spirit... that would be cool.

We can only dream though.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • ladybamladybam Member
    @Eej was it intentional that only the yellow spirits only count?
    ladybam wrote: »
    @Eej was it intentional that only the yellow spirits only count?

I would guess so, since it says find and defeat Lost Spirits specifically, not just spirits in general. Only the Yellow ones are called Lost Spirits.
    Other than the token given - What's the difference between Circle of Cinders (E) for 5 stamina and Infernal Pit (H) for 10 stamina?

They both drop greater/superior runes -- does the 10 stamina one have 2x the chance to drop a superior rune? @Joel
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Other than the token given - What's the difference between Circle of Cinders (E) for 5 stamina and Infernal Pit (H) for 10 stamina?

They both drop greater/superior runes -- does the 10 stamina one have 2x the chance to drop a superior rune? @Joel

You'll get better quality runes from Infernal Pit :)
    edited June 6
    Joel wrote: »

You'll get better quality runes from Infernal Pit :)

Thank you for the clarification!

@Joel Any chance for a Tower double points event during the Demon Rune War?
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited June 7
    Embrace the Darkness, Day 1 quest error. Defeat 25 lost spirits.

Fyi - So for me the green eco and shades are not counting as spirits for this quest. Only the yellow eco are counting. :(
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 69
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • danacdanac Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    @Joel @Eej - Embrace the Darkness, Day 1 quest error. Defeat 25 lost spirits.

Fyi - So for me the green eco and shades are not counting as spirits for this quest. Only the yellow eco are counting. :(

turns out that yellow ekkos are scattered throughout all the dungeons.

That's why only the yellow count, they're like statues or Saizo- placed everywhere. It just happens that they're also in the Spirit event dungeon.
    Ahh well, if that's how it is, they need to work on better event descriptions. :/
    Ahh well, if that's how it is, they need to work on better event descriptions. :/

No they don't. They said defeat Lost Spirits. The yellow ones are called Lost Spirits. All you have to do is tap and hold them, or check what enemies are in the dungeon.
    You're right, I double checked, my bad.
    You're right, I double checked, my bad.

I guess it would've helped just a little more if they had said "Yellow Lost Spirits", at least then you wouldn't really have to know their names.
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    I don't think the devs should have to detail everything. Having to figure things out is part of the fun. I think anyway.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Anyone else surprised about how easy the last two days event quests have been?

Wednesday's I did in two dungeon runs (using the 4 Goblins in Spirit Sanctuary), Thursday's in five (since I had to summon five friends, the potion section being over in two again).

It's actually been quite beneficial, because all I really want to do is run the materials event dungeon, but I keep my stamina topped up and ready for the start of the day's event, and it's over in minutes; quite an anti-climax.
  • I love the shade tokens in the event shop! Also really like the material and token drops from the special event dungeons
  • Thanks devs for the Shade tokens. As a VIP1, I really really appreciate it. 2/3 of the way to unlocking that guy!
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    No new event except 3x mats for 2 hours and IGOROK? Am I missing something?
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

I'm seeing the same thing. Perhaps a delayed event release.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    NobodyPi wrote: »

I'm seeing the same thing. Perhaps a delayed event release.

Another possibility is that they are shifting event start time to 2 hours later? Probably not because they would publicly state this.

I was expecting Dwarf vs. Goblin or a Legendary event from looking at PvP things.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We are delaying the new event so we can tend to the current login issues
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @Joel what about the folks that used all there stamina thinking there wasn't going to be an event today??
  • There was an event today, the Demon War ended 2 hours ago and the 3x mats in a few minutes.

Time to take a breather.