Weird Rune Bonus - 10% Damage Boost in PvP on a Bulkwark?

I'm not complaining here; I summoned MK today (finally!) and decided to rune him up. I'm in the "improved rune" stage of the game (btw, how DO you get greater runes? I'm halfway through Challenge Mode and only Improved drop?) and after making good Red, Green and 1 good Yellow Rune (2 Powers and Precision, all 5*, 2 legendary and 1 heroic, today is my RNG happy day), I thought the guy could use a bit of defense/health in the Blue Rune slot (to survive opposing MKs on attack). So I craft an improved Blue Bulkward rune and decide I'm going to tune it as high as I can.

Well, I get lucky - it's a Legendary 5* after 9 or 10 tunes. Huzzah! I know that Legendary runes can have a neat 4th stat, like bonus damage to casters, etc., and I do have one that's +7% PvP damage (on Shadow) and another +6% (on Kai). Both are "attack" type runes (Power/Battle/Precision, I forget which). I don't know how to screen shot on my Android so I can't post a pic, but here are the stats of the Bulkwark rune I made:

Defense +350
Healthy +389
Defense +170
10% Damage in PvP

Has anyone else ended up with an offensive stat on a defensive rune? Did I just get blessed by the RNG gods? MK is great overall, but I plan on making him a staple on my PvP team - getting a damage boost stat on (what I consider) to be a high level defensive rune (I'm L39, so this is one of the best runes I've made outside of the PvP season rewards) seems like a pretty big lucky break for me. Insight is welcome (and I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth!).

Comments

• xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Note: those stats are after I maxed the rune level, NOT the base stats!
  • echonapechonap Member
    The passives are not dictated by the rune type, so this is actually quite common. Well, common for a 4th stat, but pretty rare overall to get a 4th stat. That's actually an ideal rune for MK, SB, Valkin, Hopper, and a few others.
    The Empire is recruiting.
    echonap wrote: »
    The passives are not dictated by the rune type, so this is actually quite common. Well, common for a 4th stat, but pretty rare overall to get a 4th stat. That's actually an ideal rune for MK, SB, Valkin, Hopper, and a few others.

Thank you - that gives me a lot of hope for the future . . . or perhaps a lot of frustration as I try to recreate this on my Hopper, etc.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 7
    Also, Greater runes drop commonly in Boss Mode. Use Improved runes to become strong enough to beat Boss Mode levels, then upgrade to Greaters.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    I got 2 greater runes (both red elusive) and 1 improved rune drop mid dungeon in Challenge Mode just last night.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Rocksor wrote: »
    I got 2 greater runes (both red elusive) and 1 improved rune drop mid dungeon in Challenge Mode just last night.

In manual runes there's a chance for a blue and silver Rune chest to drop mid-level that contains a Rune one tier greater than what would normally drop (so in Boss Mode, it would be a superior).
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    Rocksor wrote: »

In manual runes there's a chance for a blue and silver Rune chest to drop mid-level that contains a Rune one tier greater than what would normally drop (so in Boss Mode, it would be a superior).

Ahhh, now looking through my runes, I do have 2 greater runes. That makes sense. Thanks!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    DB is like a box of chocolates.