UPDATED! Guild Games are coming... FRIDAY June 16th

EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited June 14 in Announcements
Update - 4:30pm CT Wednesday 6/14
  • Unfortunately, a last-minute issue has appeared for the Android login fix, so we will be delaying the Guild Games by one day, to Friday the 16th. We will be putting a one-day placeholder event in tomorrow at 3pm CST.
  • While we have confirmed that clearing the game's data from a device and reinstalling will solve the issue (and is what many players on the forums have done), there are many players who are not aware of this fix, and we do not expect all players to go to such lengths to fix their game. Since this could easily impact Guild lineups, we feel that delaying the games by one day is in the best interest of players. We probably wouldn't have delayed a normal event due to this issue.

Updated - 2:15pm CT Wednesday 6/14
  • Guild Games are still planned to start Thursday 6/15 @ 3pm
  • Barring a last-minute found issue - iOS and Google Play app updates will be going out today (WED 6/14 ASAP) - Amazon app update may be delayed until THU 6/15 pending Amazon-required App approval
  • We're waiting on final testing sign-off on Google Play and Amazon clients - ETA: imminent (today)
  • Once they are signed off - iOS (Rune Crafting fix) and Google Play (Rune crafting fix and Login issues) will be released to stores for App Updates
  • Amazon will require platform approval (from Amazon) and may be delayed until Thursday 6/15 (we will release it immediately upon approval)

Update [Eej] TUE 6/13 @ 6:30pm
*We are still planning to start Guild Games on THU 6/15 at 3pm at this time.*
*Note*: This is pending a full resolution to the current Android login issue affecting our players - which will require an app update, current ETA WED 6/14.

If the Android issue is not fully resolved by late WED 6/14 - we are considering postponing Guild Games to start FRI 6/16 to ensure ALL guild members can compete.

If any change is made - we will announce it via Boss Mail and on the forums here.

Per promises made - We want to announce a head of time that the current plan is to do our new Guild Games first run on Thursday, June 15th. To be explicitly clear - that is 6 days from today.
  • Of course, this may change due to unforeseen issue - if that happens, we will announce it here ASAP.

Please have your final rosters ready before 2:59pm (Central time) on THU 6/15 - once the Guild Games start, only the guild members in the guild at start can earn score for your guild.

Here are some important points:
  • If a guild member is kicked/leaves, they *still* earn score for your guild.
  • If a new member is added - they do *not* earn score for your guild.
  • All guild members that were in the guild at the start receive rewards based on the guild's performance - *even if they are not in the guild at the end*

I'll post information about prizes and the event itself next week as a preview.

Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• heelerheeler Member
    Virtually no guild would change its roster mid-week. So thank you for announcing the GG on the Friday before they start! We need that lead time in order move members throughout the entire guild family when needed.
  • RunRun Member
    Is it a Thurs-Sun games? Or longer?
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    Lol. You guys should start putting the time of these announcements in the body of the post. The forum date system is all screwy and I can't tell how new information is.
  • heeler wrote: »
    Virtually no guild would change its roster mid-week. So thank you for announcing the GG on the Friday before they start! We need that lead time in order move members throughout the entire guild family when needed.

I kick out players anytime they don't log in for 2 days and haven't earned crowns since they joined, or the week started. You'd be surprised how often I have to purge the inactives in a guild knocking aorund 150th place. You must be thinking of the top guilds that actually have a hope competing for prizes.
  • Can't wait, sources tell me a new GG hero will debut
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Can't wait, sources tell me a new GG hero will debut

This one will still have Daeris.
  • Brazy wrote: »
    Can't wait, sources tell me a new GG hero will debut

This one will still have Daeris.

Left out part

"Wil l debut for the next GG after this Thursdays one".
  • Does that mean a new hero will debut at GG time, or only winners of the GG will have access to the hero?

I figure to end up around position 200,000 or so.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    There won't be a new hero for this Guild Games. Next one.
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    we've been promised some pretty sweet rewards though - skin hoarders, get ready!
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Please note the updated top post from EJ :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • When will the info about the prizes be announced? Right now, we just have the event banner saying there will be skins.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The exact prizes will be announced once the games start. We have to keep *some* things a surprise. ;)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    The exact prizes will be announced once the games start. We have to keep *some* things a surprise. ;)

Gotcha. I can respect that!
  • Weren't we supposed to get a preview before the games start? As per the summit
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    Weren't we supposed to get a preview before the games start? As per the summit

Even per Eej's post on 6/9, he states: "I'll post information about prizes and the event itself next week as a preview."

Guess that's not going to happen per Joel.
  • Left hand, meet right hand.
  • oredithoredith Member
    so, one quick look at my guild roster and crowns earned tells a pretty bleak tale as we head into GG. there are still people who have low crown earnings because they are are either not able to log in at all, or who lost their account in the install, or don't have access to campaign dungeons, or pvp, etc.

i'm skeptical of all issues being resolved by late today per the edited top post.. >_<
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Status updated - planned hotfix app updates for iOS and Google are still currently on track for today.

Our plan is to proceed with Guild Games at 3pm tomorrow (THU) 6/15 unless the above unexpectedly changes.
  • oredithoredith Member
    @Eej , with the delayed start, and likely delayed end, I personally think it's better to just postpone the games until monday.

the problem i see is that by starting it late in the week, we likely won't end the GG until after a new week has started.

this is probably fine for the constant #1 guilds out there that hit their 10,500 saturday morning at 1am, but for the rest of the guilds who have to kick deadbeats, and fill with new prospects, it means being locked in for another week with the same people.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    No. It doesn't. Your guild game teams are locked in from the start of the event.

Doesn't matter if everyone in your guild leaves the guild and joins a different guild fifteen minutes into the game -- they will continue to earn guild games points for your team and every single one of you will get exactly the same reward.

So don't worry about moving players if necessary. They will continue to earn for your team and they'll want to continue earning because their own success depends upon it.
  • Is this the longest we've gone without a new epic since their debut? You could release one tomorrow to distract us from the late GG start.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    PharmBoss wrote: »
    Is this the longest we've gone without a new epic since their debut? You could release one tomorrow to distract us from the late GG start.

That would be very nice, but they probably don't have one ready, and it would cause even more glitches that they can't handle right now.
  • Well we know the art assets and what not for grog-gnog is complete because some people including me got his first piece just after his release.
  • echonapechonap Member
    PharmBoss wrote: »
    Is this the longest we've gone without a new epic since their debut? You could release one tomorrow to distract us from the late GG start.

Please don't. Most of us are saving stamina for GG and I don't want to needlessly spend it to max a new epic. I know, it's not necessary to max a new epic on release, but the OCD in me will not allow me to sit there and do nothing while there is an epic to max.

I would much prefer if you released 10 new epics next week though. ;)

• echonap wrote: »
    I would much prefer if you released 10 new epics next week though. ;)

I would love if they release epics for every released character next week and bundle the epic in with a new character's release. I sort of feel like an Epic should be part of the base design of new heroes (which I think they are).

• If anybody has an active guild and you still have a free place please contact me, I'm searching for a good/active guild for gg and thereafter.
    Information: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55523/searching-for-a-guild#latest
  • echonapechonap Member
    How about a free unequip while GG is delayed? Since everyone is banking energy for GG, don't expect much participation for a one day event, even if it's x5 mats, x10 gold, and x20 evo. On the other hand, it's a good time to let us rearrange our runes since we have nothing else to do.
    How about a free unequip while GG is delayed? Since everyone is banking energy for GG, don't expect much participation for a one day event, even if it's x5 mats, x10 gold, and x20 evo. On the other hand, it's a good time to let us rearrange our runes since we have nothing else to do.
    Infinite towers again? That was fun and it would be extremely timely if it happened today :P
    centralcommand

Umm...don't know about you, but if it were 5x mats and 10x gold, I'd definitely spend a good amount of stam on that :D