Time for a Legendary Event!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
xmxa9ydstfxe.png

The Legendary Heroes are here to kick **** and take names! This event will allow you to earn up to 20 tokens for IGOROK, Furnace, Valkin, Bramble, Zomm, and 16 tokens Pontifex (plus more from shining barrels in the event dungeon)! All the quests are available right now. We also have a special event dungeon with shining barrels lying around that are filled to the brim with jackpot loot.

This event will go from now until Thursday, when the Guild Games begin! Be sure to have your guild lineups finalized BEFORE the games begin.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Does that include Aria? I'm sure quite a few more casual players would be excited about being able to unlock her.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Does that include Aria? I'm sure quite a few more casual players would be excited about being able to unlock her.

A fair question, and the answer is no. I'm updating the main post to specify which heroes you can get tokens for :)
  • Noticed that the Lord Zomm quest requires guild crowns. 25 per quest x 4 parts = 100 crowns. Since most folks completed crowns today already, that leaves them with Tuesday, Wed, and Thur, and Thur is GG. Will GG require guild crowns as a quest?

Might not make a huge difference, but it did make a lot of folks upset last time it happened.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Joel wrote: »
    This event will go from now until Thursday
    can we assume that all quests will hang around until Thursday? just saw that there's a quest for collecting guild crowns, and I'm guessing a big majority of people already completed their crown quests for today.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredith wrote: »
    can we assume that all quests will hang around until Thursday? just saw that there's a quest for collecting guild crowns, and I'm guessing a big majority of people already completed their crown quests for today.

I'm thinking it might only be that first part of that requires crowns. I just did HKV's first and second parts and they were different. Collect 5 Greater Runes, then Salvage 3 Greater runes.

Perhaps the Zomm one also changes.
  • AsaraeAsarae Member
    edited June 12
    Hm. Is anyone else unable to enter the event dungeon? Keep getting the error code 70C229BA every time I go in. /shrug

Edit: Uninstall/reinstall fixed it. neeeeever mind
    oredith wrote: »

Yes. All the quests will last until the end of the event.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Noticed that the Lord Zomm quest requires guild crowns. 25 per quest x 4 parts = 100 crowns. Since most folks completed crowns today already, that leaves them with Tuesday, Wed, and Thur, and Thur is GG. Will GG require guild crowns as a quest?

Might not make a huge difference, but it did make a lot of folks upset last time it happened.

It's also not 25 crowns per step :)
  • Why are you doing a event, when we can not run dungeons???? Fix it BEFORE doing the event!!!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 12
    Why are you doing a event, when we can not run dungeons???? Fix it BEFORE doing the event!!!

I'm not a game developer but I can tell you one thing about bugs: Even when you're 100% sure things will work as intended, something can pop up out of nowhere and mess up everything without warning. Also, although they can probably play test things, there can always be issues that pop up simply because they released the event publicly. It's not ever a good idea to release a buggy event, which is why they probably didn't intend it to be that way. Bugs are super complicated and can hide away until an event is fully released, and the devs couldn't have done anything prior to fix it because they didn't even know it was there.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Also noticed a small text error. Part 3 for HKV doesn't say (3/4), it just says "craft greater (or better) rune"

Once I completed that, then step 4 showed 4/4.

Small, but just pointing it out.
  • AarwynAarwyn Member
    edited June 12
    Just to let you guys know, you backslid a bit this time: at level 57, I still have a quest asking me to get Greater (or better) runes. It even says "(Boss Mode dungeons)". You did better last event. That one was all improved. Please fix this.

Edit: Also, in the Info screen for the event, there's a semantic error. I'm assuming that "Pontifex Mortis resides over the..." was meant to be "Pontifex Mortix presides over the..."
  • Why are you doing a event, when we can not run dungeons???? Fix it BEFORE doing the event!!!

I'm not a game developer but I can tell you one thing about bugs: Even when you're 100% sure things will work as intended, something can pop up out of nowhere and mess up everything without warning. Also, although they can probably play test things, there can always be issues that pop up simply because they released the event publicly. It's not ever a good idea to release a buggy event, which is why they probably didn't intend it to be that way. Bugs are super complicated and can hide away until an event is fully released, and the devs couldn't have done anything prior to fix it because they didn't even know it was there.

I dont know what are trying to tell me. Dont start an event where i have to go into dungeons, when we cant go into dungoens!!!! (and i am not talking about the people who after 2,5 month still cant play after all!!!)
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Yes. We should never start any events ever if even a single person worldwide can't log in.

I dont know what are trying to tell me. Dont start an event where i have to go into dungeons, when we cant go into dungoens!!!! (and i am not talking about the people who after 2,5 month still cant play after all!!!)

Jack simply means that sometimes issues can arise right when the event is released, meaning they couldn't have known about this bug preventing us from doing the dungeon.
    I wonder if this means we'll be getting a new Legendary hero soon... The rune rewards for PvP have "Damage Vs Legendary" as a bonus for the top-tier players, and now a Legendary portal event... Maybe an Elf leader at last?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yes. We should never start any events ever if even a single person worldwide can't log in.

Unless its me, in which case go right ahead, it's probably something I did :)

Having been a software programmer/developer for years, and Q/A, I think some of our more impatient members would be amazed at the layers and complexity of all the stuff going on in the game, in the software that delivers the game, in the software that runs the internet, in the software that runs your device.

Its mind boggling that it runs as well as it does. No matter how hard people try, in the final analysis there is no 100% sure way to see if any mobile game will run well with all the users until its put in front of all the users. Even then...

sirtainly wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Unless its me, in which case go right ahead, it's probably something I did :)

Having been a software programmer/developer for years, and Q/A, I think some of our more impatient members would be amazed at the layers and complexity of all the stuff going on in the game, in the software that delivers the game, in the software that runs the internet, in the software that runs your device.

Its mind boggling that it runs as well as it does. No matter how hard people try, in the final analysis there is no 100% sure way to see if any mobile game will run well with all the users until its put in front of all the users. Even then...

^ This. I don't ever complain about bugs because I'm not a developer. Do I report them? Yeah. Do they annoy me sometimes? Yeah. But I understand that it's impossible to keep a game 100% bug-free. Especially a mobile game.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Are the quests available now all we're getting?
    Welp, I'm saving up for GG
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

Would be nice if a functioning game would be priority #1. This is the second severe bug this week. Just make a day or two pause with events to get the game running again.
  • I wonder if this means we'll be getting a new Legendary hero soon... The rune rewards for PvP have "Damage Vs Legendary" as a bonus for the top-tier players, and now a Legendary portal event... Maybe an Elf leader at last?

If I'm not mistaken, there is a chance that most Heroic+ Runes can have the "+damage vs. Legendary" trait. But it is about time for another Legendary Hero...
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    Are the quests available now all we're getting?
    Welp, I'm saving up for GG

All the quests are available right now.

This event will go from now until Thursday...

• danacdanac Member
    Bugs are super complicated and can hide away until an event is fully released, and the devs couldn't have done anything prior to fix it because they didn't even know it was there.

I hate when bugs hide inside people's brains.

I also hate when 420Mb of free space isn't enough to update a 37mb app.
  • danacdanac Member
    I wonder if this means we'll be getting a new Legendary hero soon... The rune rewards for PvP have "Damage Vs Legendary" as a bonus for the top-tier players, and now a Legendary portal event... Maybe an Elf leader at last?

One of the more useless rune bonuses. Aside from Furnace, the only legendaries even remotely hard to kill are Valkin and Aria.
  • danac wrote: »

One of the more useless rune bonuses. Aside from Furnace, the only legendaries even remotely hard to kill are Valkin and Aria.

It could also be somewhat useful against ponti. Kill his skeleton for just a tad faster with furnace.

@danac do you ever not complain? :lol:
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    Aarwyn wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know, you backslid a bit this time: at level 57, I still have a quest asking me to get Greater (or better) runes. It even says "(Boss Mode dungeons)". You did better last event. That one was all improved. Please fix this.

Edit: Also, in the Info screen for the event, there's a semantic error. I'm assuming that "Pontifex Mortis resides over the..." was meant to be "Pontifex Mortix presides over the..."

@Joel Same here- I'm Lvl 55 and have the quest requiring me to collect Greater or better runes, and I have no way. I thought maybe the event dungeon would drop them, but it doesn't.

• Seems that people can just complain ,true.
    But....what should you do if you are trying for hours to start the dungeon and you receive all the time the same answer?

qgtrg70xfhq3.png

During every season of pvps i lose the streak cos the game crashes, and give me (when restarting) automatically a loss fight without any video available to show it...
    (And i reported with others that problem too...maybe is about ZEN,as suggested by someone )
    @Joel i really think you should fix all bugs before launch any new event.

P.s.There was also another bug yesterday with runes, it crashed too and showed like that while crafting and tuning.

a1dqnl3ts7tl.png

So i am sorry if seems that someone just complains here, but is a bit frustrating when you are trying everything you can and the game goes wrong.
    Wishing you all a very nice day.
    Luca (REFLUNCH lvl 63 in game).

P.s. About the one lvl 57,and the other lvl 55 that cannot do all the missions because they are too low level(collect greater runes): it happened also to me and to all others players.Some missions are available and collectable only if you are higher level.I played several events not doing all the missions because of the level cap.Only thing u can do is reach as soon as you can lvl 60.At least you can collect greater runes then.
    P.p.s. Same goes with the pvps and Superior legendary runes.You can try to be top 100 and collect them, only if you are lvl 65+....

So this is life,sad, but that's it.

• danacdanac Member
    @danac do you ever not complain? :lol:

Not when DB stole my account.

Expect this level 2 player to complain a whole lot.

Level 70 Danac was much more mellow.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Did anybody find a shining barrel? Is it only gold rewards?