The Guild Games Are Back!

Comments

• oredithoredith Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    How do you "miss the mark" if all you had to do was put in PvE quests/content? You have two choices, PvE or PvP lol...by missing the mark just shows you guys either lied to us or are inept at picking the correct choice from 2 choices.
    it's a nicer way of saying "we ignored what you wanted, and forgot our promise".
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited June 20
    oredith wrote: »
    2 things I will personally be looking to:

1. what kind of compensation we receive - if any, for this epic failure.
    2. how the failure is addressed in the summit.

I will have to catch to TLDR of the summit next week though, as I will be busy getting married this saturday.. :D

Why exactly are you expecting compensation? We've had bad events before. We have every right to be upset, but I'm certainly not expecting handouts.

On a slightly funny note, I realized something this morning. Our guild pushed roughly an extra 100k per person over 50th place. We essentially were given a quest that said the following:

"Complete 40 pvp raids and save Jerry 10 times" - "Reward 25 aether".

Every single member of our guild then proceeded to complete that quest 10 times for 25 aether a pop. My weekend was a BLAST.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Why exactly are you expecting compensation? We've had bad events before. We have every right to be upset, but I'm certainly not expecting handouts.
    you're right on all accounts. we have certainly had bad events before, and we certainly have the right to be upset. more than that, we have the choice to not participate in the GG.

even more, we have the choice and the right to not play the game. certainly no one is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to play.

my personal feeling is that this was an event that was touted to be PVE focused, with lots of continuous feedback through numerous summits that gave everyone the warm and fuzzies that things were going to work. after all, they basically tabled the entire pvp balancing thing to focus on GG. This was then hyped up by the guild leaders (i'm guessing mine's not the only one that was excited about it), and got everyone to commit to it. we even went to the degree of confirming that people are able to pull their weight over the fathers day weekend.

instead, what we got was something that failed to deliver on all fronts. not only was the GG a failure, it also begs the question: if PVP balance was pushed off the priority in order to get GG right, and THIS was the result, what hope do we have for PVP revamp? will they focus on the "tech" side of things again? nothing will be balanced, but maybe zen won't cause crash code losses anymore?

to be blunt about it, it's not a handout, it's a bribe. a bribe for us to forgive them for their f'up, and to continue to give them the benefit of doubt that they can fix it, despite all evidence to the contrary.
  • oredithoredith Member
    bvs72 wrote: »

I will have to catch to TLDR of the summit next week though, as I will be busy getting married this saturday.. :D

Congrats! I hope your spouse will allow you to continue playing DB.
    PSH! I tell HER what she can or can not do!..

>_>

j/k. i sneak in the game while she's still sleeping.. >_>
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    bvs72 wrote: »

Congrats! I hope your spouse will allow you to continue playing DB.
    PSH! I tell HER what she can or can not do!..

>_>

j/k. i sneak in the game while she's still sleeping.. >_>

You will tell Her till Saturday....then she will tell you !

haha congrats!
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • oredith wrote: »

Why exactly are you expecting compensation?

There won't be compensation in general, but @joel mentioned that they would send out compensation for those affected by the bug that didn't add guild points for completing save Jerry dungeon.
  • nunyanunya Member
    Congratulations @oredith marriage is a wonderful happy thing. :)
    nunya
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    That's the important point that I think we should make sure not to forget about this GG.

The developers did "miss the mark" on this pve-focused event...by turning around and shooting their hunting partner in the face.

You don't accidentally make pvp the main focus like that. That's not a "whoops sorry we forgot"
  • oredithoredith Member
    edited June 20
    coneyK wrote: »
    That's the important point that I think we should make sure not to forget about this GG.

The developers did "miss the mark" on this pve-focused event...by turning around and shooting their hunting partner in the face.

You don't accidentally make pvp the main focus like that. That's not a "whoops sorry we forgot"
    **** Cheney approves of this message

lol. apparently filter catches that..

RICHARD Cheney?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member

**** Cheney approves of this message

lol. apparently filter catches that..

RICHARD Cheney?

He prefers to be called ****.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I guess the forum filter doesn't like his name.
  • So as not to beat a dead horse anymore, I'll bring some positive feedback to this thread.

Obviously the devs know that it wasn't their best work, and as part of the Unholy Templar BloodGuard (currently 12th in the guild standings for the event), I indeed feel wore out from this event. So on that note, @Eej please do not have the next GG the week of the 4th of July. I intend for that week to be a minimum for me as I will be on vacation.

Again, i do not intend to beat a dead horse. So I'd like to lay out what I've seen over the past few weeks. Before the maximum amount of crowns per day was increased to 35, we were still a 240 minimum guild. With the exception of a person randomly quitting or something, we were always at 10500 per week. So as a whole, I'd say I played my fair portion. For quite a while, I was doing the minimum. Basically played for the crowns and then was done for the day. Recently, maybe around March? something like that, I noticed the events were improving. I was finding the desire to play more because the rewards were better, or the items i could get with tickets were better. So maybe some of you don't notice things like that improving, but the devs have listened. They've made a conscious effort to improve the playability of the game. Not every update or "improvement" is gonna be a slam dunk the day it's released. That's simply not the nature of programming.

I also don't know if many of you understand how awesome it is that the devs actually communicate on a forum or have open discussions with the players on what they like and wanna see or what they hate. Not every game does that. Heck for those of you playing console games, COD has been a pile of trash for the last 3 releases. I am glad that the devs are in this thread, and have admitted that they screwed up.

Many of you need to unbunch your panties and move on. Personally, I take constructive criticism 100x better than being told I'm an idiot and a waste of oxygen. I suspect that any decent human being feels that way as well. So by all means, if you have something positive to say, do it. And if you don't, try to do it in a constructive manner so things can be improved in the future.

/rant
    Unholy Templar BloodGuard
  • InnovInnov Member
    For me the only thing that was screwed up in these guild games was the Abigail/Balog quest, where not everyone had them both unlocked. Apart from that I don't get why there are so many people crying for other reasons.
    I mean you have a right to complain for not being able to complete the quest chain, but saying "I don't like the rewards", " I want more quests", "I'm bored of this quest", etc etc is bullcrap. Same DOABLE and fairly easy quests for everyone, that's what matters.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited June 20
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    This is turning out to have just as much hate/activity as:

1. Portal change/aether shop
    2. Weekly guild rewards change (from heroic pulls to gems)

I miss the goodbye db / I'm done / games dead threads from portal change aether shop

The forums were more fun than the game, we almost reached that here
  • Innov wrote: »
    For me the only thing that was screwed up in these guild games was the Abigail/Balog quest, where not everyone had them both unlocked. Apart from that I don't get why there are so many people crying for other reasons.
    I mean you have a right to complain for not being able to complete the quest chain, but saying "I don't like the rewards", " I want more quests", "I'm bored of this quest", etc etc is bullcrap. Same DOABLE and fairly easy quests for everyone, that's what matters.

If someone didn't have Abigail/Balog, I would think they weren't really at a level to compete for top guild prizes.

But I get the complaint, and perhaps they should have moved that step of the quest towards the end, instead of blocking some players early on.
  • oredith wrote: »

Compensation?
    *Dungeon Boss HQ*
    giphy.gif
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited June 20
    I think every major point that could be said about this GG has been said, so...

6vkvs.jpg
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Oh wait, I jumped the gun!
    We still got prizes and (maybe) comp coming to us.
  • KangKang Member
    Well, one positive thing if it hasn't already been mentioned--- the Jerry quest completion prompt showed saving some overage.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    rvclg4620yq3.jpg
  • GalakSSGalakSS Member
    Okay so I thought great ... guild games will be over and I'll be able to get the names of the players in the guild that did not reach the minimum and low and behold ... Dungeon Boss ends a horrid event with one last kick to the nethers. The player totals for the guild were immediately removed from being able to be viewed as soon as the event ended. WHAT !@#$!@#$ SENSE DOES THAT MAKE!!! In the chat with EEJ we have repeatedly stressed as guild masters how it would be useful if the amount of crowns earned the previous week was able to be referenced so that we do not have to stay up to 1 am to see if a player reached 210. And EEJ said he really understood that ... so what happens at the end of this ... the points per a guild are still up but the individual player totals are erased ... totally the opposite of all the feedback we've been giving EEJ.

EEJ ... I have said many great things about what you've been trying to do to a lot of my friends ... but I don't know what happened here ... but honestly EVERY single thing we've talked about in the developing summits was completely and utterly ignored on top of delivering the opposite of what was promised before the game and even during the games.

Such a miserable utter and complete failure. I am just thankful that the rewards for both skins at least went down to 50th so I can at least still have my complete collection of all skins released ... but other than that one thing ... this was a DB train wreck beyond anything for a loooonngg time from start to even 1 second after it ended.

My son rates this guild games a "No Man's Sky" out of 10. (ie 1 doesn't say enough he said)

GalakSS
  • GalakSSGalakSS Member
    Oh and offering an event store with the event following one that needed it more than anything is just that final ... "hey let's hit you with Taser on your way out the door to say "thank you for playing""
    GalakSS
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    GalakSS wrote: »
    Oh and offering an event store with the event following one that needed it more than anything is just that final ... "hey let's hit you with Taser on your way out the door to say "thank you for playing""

I mean, like, do you want them to remove the event store in this new event?

I'll take your 25 Grog-Gnog tokens if you don't want them.

• GalakSSGalakSS Member
    I mean, like, do you want them to remove the event store in this new event?

I'll take your 25 Grog-Gnog tokens if you don't want them.
    Don't need 25 Grog tokens so yeah you can have mine ... but if they had this event store geared up ... heck just slam it into this event early on Monday when they got to work with 1 Guild Token earned = 1 Ticket. I am a programmer so I understand its not super simple ... but it could have been done if this was already designed and on deck.

GalakSS