The Guild Games Are Back!

15678911»

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    GalakSS wrote: »
    Don't need 25 Grog tokens so yeah you can have mine ... but if they had this event store geared up ... heck just slam it into this event early on Monday when they got to work with 1 Guild Token earned = 1 Ticket. I am a programmer so I understand its not super simple ... but it could have been done if this was already designed and on deck.

UPDATE TBL_EVENT SET TICKETS = (SELECT GUILD_POINTS FROM TBL_GUILD_GAMES WHERE TBL_EVENT.DB_ID = TBL_GUILD_GAMES.DB_ID);

COMMIT;

There... done! You're welcome, DB

The Empire is recruiting.
  • That was with out a doubt, the most painful thing db has done. I was hoping for something to rekindle the fire that had burnt out. But all you did was piss on the ashes.

I'm so disappointed in you @Eej
  • oredithoredith Member
    echonap wrote: »
    UPDATE TBL_EVENT SET TICKETS = (SELECT GUILD_POINTS FROM TBL_GUILD_GAMES WHERE TBL_EVENT.DB_ID = TBL_GUILD_GAMES.DB_ID);

COMMIT;

i think it's now abundantly clear that DB did not intend for us to get any personal hero growth out of this GG, and that it's purely intended to be a resource sink.

that's why they hyped it up beforehand, why they refused to give us a preview, why they forced the roster lock.

it's all part and parcel in getting the guilds to self "motivate" to blow resources all in the spirit of competition.

without all those cheap tricks, i think most guilds would have opted to simply sit this out.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredith wrote: »

COMMIT;

i think it's now abundantly clear that DB did not intend for us to get any personal hero growth out of this GG, and that it's purely intended to be a resource sink.

that's why they hyped it up beforehand, why they refused to give us a preview, why they forced the roster lock.

it's all part and parcel in getting the guilds to self "motivate" to blow resources all in the spirit of competition.

without all those cheap tricks, i think most guilds would have opted to simply sit this out.

Agree. It's funny how they think they were hiding that fact through these guild games. You're right, it was a blatant "hey we need the general population to get rid of their stored of resources, but we can't give them anything in return."
  • What is really sad is that the 'Warriors are Ready to Fight' event is better then the GG event.
  • So they gave a 5* Greater Legendary rune for 2nd place. Much better than a Superior Heroic, so at least thank you for that.

I wonder what the other guild placements got for 3rd-5th.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    So they gave a 5* Greater Legendary rune for 2nd place. Much better than a Superior Heroic, so at least thank you for that.

The same rune
  • While I came in first in my guild, the only reward I received was an email indicating such and heckling from other players when I inquired as to what sorts of rewards they received. Even a few gems, a bit of stamina, or a lame rune would have been a sufficient reward. As it stands, after having played this game every day for the last year and a half or so, I can safely say, that this has been, by far, the worst experience for me. For the first time, I am disappointed with Dungeon Boss. I do hope things will soon improve.
  • danacdanac Member

Many of you need to unbunch your panties and move on. Personally, I take constructive criticism 100x better than being told I'm an idiot and a waste of oxygen. I suspect that any decent human being feels that way as well. So by all means, if you have something positive to say, do it. And if you don't, try to do it in a constructive manner so things can be improved in the future.

/rant

OK, I'll be positive:
    if I don't bunch my panties and leave them lying around all over the place, it looks very messy.
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    There just are not enough ways to express how very very bad this GG was and how I'm afraid that you likely will lose quite a few top players because of how bad you screwed this one up and the burn out from forcing pvp on us for literally 6 months straight.

If you cannot find a better way to make GG fun in PVE and competitive at the same time then just push it back farther and give us decent events and some epics or hero changes to play with in the meantime.
  • echonap wrote: »

That's a great point - it's interesting how the only thing that worked (although bugged initially) or was implemented from player / summit feedback was the real time guild tables...

Joel wrote: »
    The Guild Games are finally back and better than ever! Work together with your guildmates to solve the scavenger hunt and collect Guild Points. You can access the fancy new Guild Leaderboard that is updated in **real time** by going to the normal Leaderboard menu, just look for the "Current Event" tab!

Think about the psychology of it. The bean counters would be like make sure if you get one thing right, it's the real time leaderboard, to promote and motivate competition = material / cash spending.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd no event shop for reward.. just throwing mats down the toilet (and burning gold for no reward - I don't have kids to sit there and do 10x great portal summon all day).

---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • KangKang Member
    My spirits are pretty crushed; I'm sure many in the top guilds feel the same and only hold back from deleting DB because of the community formed around it.

If the fun does not return with the next major event it will likely be enough to sever that last thread holding us.
  • gristnamgristnam Member
    oredith wrote: »

COMMIT;

Agree. It's funny how they think they were hiding that fact through these guild games. You're right, it was a blatant "hey we need the general population to get rid of their stored of resources, but we can't give them anything in return."

Not to mention the lower to mid levels who grinded away gaining XP and lvl increases with no real benefits. There wasn't a really efficient way to gain power without the shop. They're now further behind and will have to "slow level", plow forward to 70 (and be really screwed), or spend $ to catch up.
  • edited June 21
    Alecat97 wrote: »
    So they gave a 5* Greater Legendary rune for 2nd place. Much better than a Superior Heroic, so at least thank you for that.

The same rune

Yea we got the same thing @shiggity80 . A 5* legendary greater planning guild rune
    centralcommand
  • oredithoredith Member
    here's a proposal that will probably not work.. but maybe... just maybe.

guild leaders boycotting this saturday's summit.

i'm sure the top top guild leaders will still be represented, and the TLDR will still come out, so that everyone can catch up after. It would be more of a symbolic gesture that "hey, this is what we think about the feedback, and you telling us that you heard us when the GG very obviously showed that the summits have not made a difference".
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredith wrote: »

i'm sure the top top guild leaders will still be represented, and the TLDR will still come out, so that everyone can catch up after. It would be more of a symbolic gesture that "hey, this is what we think about the feedback, and you telling us that you heard us when the GG very obviously showed that the summits have not made a difference".

I understand you're upset about the event. And I think rightly so. But boycotting the summit will only exacerbate the situation.

Guild leaders talking to Eej is one of the best things I've ever heard of in all my years of gaming. I would agree about a boycott if the message of the player base to the devs that they didn't like GG wasn't heard.

But it's not. @Eej has flat out owned that this GG didn't go as well as they wanted. Now let's keep the lines of communication open and see what's in store for Pre-season GG 2.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    oredith wrote: »

I understand you're upset about the event. And I think rightly so. But boycotting the summit will only exacerbate the situation.

Guild leaders talking to Eej is one of the best things I've ever heard of in all my years of gaming. I would agree about a boycott if the message of the player base to the devs that they didn't like GG wasn't heard.

But it's not. @Eej has flat out owned that this GG didn't go as well as they wanted. Now let's keep the lines of communication open and see what's in store for Pre-season GG 2.

You know the one thing I haven't seen from Eej or Joel say is an apology. Sure they've come on here and said "it was our mistake" or "it didn't go as well as we wanted", but no "sorry for lying to you all", "sorry for pretending to listen to your feedback, making you think we would deliver on those things, and then give you something completely different than originally discussed", or "sorry for misleading everyone".

Nope, no apologies. Just more excuses on why they messed up and empty promises of that they will do better next time.
  • I see alot of points here I can't argue against but I enjoyed myself and hope a couple of you did as well. I complained the entire way but the community came together and did the best to stay competitive regardless of what was thrown at us.

Great job everyone

• Joveth was probably pissed too
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    I see alot of points here I can't argue against but I enjoyed myself and hope a couple of you did as well. I complained the entire way but the community came together and did the best to stay competitive regardless of what was thrown at us.

Great job everyone

@Auraofsmiles - I did enjoy it also, i just wish the pve vs pvp GPPH (guild points per hour) were roughly the same. That way you could go back and forth when one gets boring. Now don't get me wrong i hate Jerry more then anything but it was nice to have an easy opponent option this time.

@seanlucky - how much gold you down to now haha. I dropped 160 mil
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • farfellafarfella Member
    I think I might put my kobal and bramble on my pvp team just to show of my awesome skins. I love them!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    I think I might put my kobal and bramble on my pvp team just to show of my awesome skins. I love them!

I will say the Kobal skin is pretty tight. Devs did a good job on that one. He reminds me of a black mage from final fantasy series, sans the blue color on the robe, and the yellow hat.
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    Drocas wrote: »
    I see alot of points here I can't argue against but I enjoyed myself and hope a couple of you did as well. I complained the entire way but the community came together and did the best to stay competitive regardless of what was thrown at us.

Great job everyone

@Auraofsmiles - I did enjoy it also, i just wish the pve vs pvp GPPH (guild points per hour) were roughly the same. That way you could go back and forth when one gets boring. Now don't get me wrong i hate Jerry more then anything but it was nice to have an easy opponent option this time.

@seanlucky - how much gold you down to now haha. I dropped 160 mil

Sean went out in a blaze of glory, likely used it all up on his way.

15678911»