Any tips for new players?

Hey guys!!

I just download this awesome game. I'm already addicted to it.
Does anyone have any tips for new players???

Thanks!

Comments

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 18
    Fadedivy wrote: »
    Hey guys!!

Thanks!

If you just started, I suggest you go through all the menus on the left, right and bottom of the Main Town Square screen and see what they all do and where they take you. Don't forget the upper left corner (profile), the lower left corner (campaign chapters and islands), and the lower right corner (My Dungeons).

Take particular note of the shops (there are 3, main, Honor Shop (My Dungeon) and Pwn Shop (Tower of Pwnage).

Campaign chapters are where you take a team of heroes to take on sets of foes for a chest at the end. My dungeon is where you have "matches" with other players' pre-made teams for ratings. There's also a Tower of Pwnage where you can take on a 12 story tower once per day.

Try a couple of campaign chapters. Check out your hero roster and look at your heroes. You're going to be increasing their star rating, level, abilities and runes.

After you've looked through the game and sampled a couple of things you can come back here and players a lot more expert than me can answer specific questions.

Try selecting everything you can to see what it does. Many things can be selected or held down. Of course, be aware that some of the items cost real money so be careful not to purchase anything unless and until you're ready. They're generally clearly marked. You do not need to spend any money to play this game, but you can certainly speed things up by buying things that aid you in your journey. After you get to know the game you'll be able to figure out what's right for you.
  • Save your gems (2,700) for a 10x portal event. Koros, MK, Zomm, Bramble or any other Legendaries are good options.

Only level up the heroes you need/use. Gold will become a scarce commodity in the early stages of the game.

Become familiar with your heroes' abilities and passives: this will help you form teams that work well together.
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Save your gems (2,700) for a 10x portal event. Koros, MK, Zomm, Bramble or any other Legendaries are good options.

Only level up the heroes you need/use. Gold will become a scarce commodity in the early stages of the game.

Become familiar with your heroes' abilities and passives: this will help you form teams that work well together.

This is probably the best "Medium term" advice. You need to get your in-game economy rolling, and there are 2 ways to do that - the Tower of Pwnage for Gems/Stamina and PvP for gold.

The Tower unlocks at level 28. You need to build a roster that can handle the Tower (11 floors of 4 hero teams and then a marshmellow at the top for Floor 12). The general strategy is to use bait heroes (usually lower level tanks) to soak up each floor's special attacks, then bring in your main team to clear the floor. At minimum, it requires 15 heroes (1 for each floor as bait + your main team. No need to bait the top floor, seriously, "Lord Chromus" is a joke). More than likely, you'll need 20+ heroes, as a random MK tenacity can wipe out any one of your main 4 heroes. You're probably best off with 6-8 main heroes that you put your best runes on and keep leveled up.

In order to do that, you need access to better heroes than what are available via the campaign. Of the first heroes you get, Shadowblade is really the only one that's going to last you in the mid game (Yasmin becomes great again at Level 60). The best way to get good heroes is to save up 2700 gems and use the Heroic Portal when one of the best heroes is available. You should prioritize Masuta Kira and Koros in the early going; Zomm/Bromm/Bramble are great with other heroes of their types, but they won't provide an immediate power bump.

The best way to get the gems is to . . . run the tower every day. It's worth 275 gems each day if you can finish it; even getting past Floor 9 will get you 125. Having Koros or MK will make it easier, so get one or the other and you should be fine.

The other side of the coin is PvP. The PvP shop uses "Honor" which you only get by winning PvP and collecting a daily reward of gold and Honor. There are multiple leagues; when you get to the 2nd league, you're able to buy 500,000 gold/day for 1000 honor. That is, quite frankly, the best thing you can do early on, when gold is scarce. Look at the PvP forum (My Dungeon) for details on how to start building a good PvP team - in short, fast heroes are best, and learn how the combat order works. You get a daily honor and gold reward; in the higher leagues, it's over 500,000 gold every day.

Once you're running the tower every day and can move up into the Warlord/Legend leagues, you'll be in great shape. You'll be able to use the Heroic portal about once every week (you get extra gems from other quests, usually about 300-350/day on average total), and excess honor can be used to buy specific tokens or, if you're me, use them in the Honor Portal, which is basically the 2nd Tier portal, between the basic portal and the gem portal (heroic). You can get celestial evos in the Honor portal, as well as some good characters (Black Diamond and Pontifex mortis, plus tokens for Shadowblade and NubNub, both good heroes. Yes, Ekko and Squinch are in there, but the evos are worth it).

• Fadedivy wrote: »
    Hey guys!!

Thanks!

Like any other MMORPG, you will not go from low end gear/heroes to end-game content overnight. The game takes a long time to progress unless you spend real $ on the game. The cool thing about this game is that you can get 99% of the stuff in this game without spending $, but it does take time.

As a low level new player, just focus on playing the campaign for now and obtaining new heroes. PvP will unlock around level 12 I think, but you might be in for a shock initially when you lose PvP matches. Don't fret, you will eventually learn/understand how PvP works. It's completely different than PvE.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited July 5
    Four big things.

1. Run evo island daily. You get good stuff (echonap down below says gold and XP as well, but I find you level up too quickly.)
    2. Spend honor on Ella tokens. You will get her six star very quickly and she will give you a big boost through the earlier levels.
    3. Join a good guild. Getting crowns is not hard and you get great rewards!
    4. Stay on the forums. There are a lot of experienced players here who know a lot of stuff. You can also get good info on the best ways to complete quests and new updates before they are released. Have fun!
    Post edited by farfella on
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • echonapechonap Member
    farfella wrote: »
    1. Run evo island daily. You get good stuff

And gold and exp island too.
    farfella wrote: »
    2. Spend honor on Ella tokens. You will get her six star very quickly and she will give you a big boost through the earlier levels.

This is terrible advice. Ella is a niche hero at best. Use your first 1000 honor a day to purchase gold (that is the daily limit). The rest, use on honor portal until you max every hero. It will take months. However, there are some useful heroes there like Pontifex, Black Diamond, Shadowblade, and Torchy.

The Empire is recruiting.
    edited July 6
    @echonap I tried it and she was great for pve. Not pvp, but still! Her attack was by far the best! I brought her everywhere! She was like my blankie.
    Post edited by farfella on
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • echonapechonap Member
    Any hero is usable in campaign. And I understand Ella may be one of your favorite heroes. However, you must realize this is bad advice. Honor is much better spent to buy gold early, and to use in the honor portal. Every 500 honor gets at least 3 tokens for any other hero, with an average closer to 10. Most people don't even bother with Ella's third star until they are close to maxing the honor portal.
    The Empire is recruiting.
    echonap wrote: »
    Any hero is usable in campaign. And I understand Ella may be one of your favorite heroes. However, you must realize this is bad advice. Honor is much better spent to buy gold early, and to use in the honor portal. Every 500 honor gets at least 3 tokens for any other hero, with an average closer to 10. Most people don't even bother with Ella's third star until they are close to maxing the honor portal.

But... the early levels... and the free aether... and the... okay. Fine. Now that I have her six star I'm still doing my sweet 1300 honor for 100 aether deal. Maybe I'll acually do some summons.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!