The Warriors Are Ready To Fight!

2»

Comments

• ZWendyZWendy Member
    Is there a cut off point on this "Salvage greater or better runes" or does everyone get the same level. Just turned level 60 on my alt, so I have zero greater runes and if I had them, I would probably not want to salvage them. I think when I was level 59 it was improved runes.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • oredithoredith Member
    Joel wrote: »
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Ammo wrote: »
    @Joel There's mention of Astrid tokens in the event message in-game. I didn't see any Astrid tokens come through as a reward. Is this a typo?

The Astrid tokens are part of the "Just the Start" quest for completing all of the other quests from that day. There will be another one like that when we release new quests this afternoon. :)

Confirmed that there will be a set of new quests each day?

Yes :)
    "infinite" would be an appropriate unit of measurement when comparing how much better the warrior event has been compared to the GG.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • ZWendy wrote: »
    Is there a cut off point on this "Salvage greater or better runes" or does everyone get the same level. Just turned level 60 on my alt, so I have zero greater runes and if I had them, I would probably not want to salvage them. I think when I was level 59 it was improved runes.

You will definitely want to salvage greater runes from the Boss dungeons. The dropped ones will be quite bad compared to your crafted Improved.

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    oredith wrote: »
    Ammo wrote: »
    @Joel There's mention of Astrid tokens in the event message in-game. I didn't see any Astrid tokens come through as a reward. Is this a typo?

The Astrid tokens are part of the "Just the Start" quest for completing all of the other quests from that day. There will be another one like that when we release new quests this afternoon. :)

Confirmed that there will be a set of new quests each day?

Yes :)
    "infinite" would be an appropriate unit of measurement when comparing how much better the warrior event has been compared to the GG.

And the warrior event is still kind of meh compared to some events around May time.
  • I'm enjoying this event. The quests are simple enough but varied. Not every event needs to be a free bonanza giveaway.

I took the past 2 pvp seasons off (Outside of spamming easy raids for GG), and I find myself enjoying the game much more. I'll probably continue to skip pvp unless the rune is worth the trouble. It's far less real life taxing, and makes events like this a nice reason to log in and feel like you accomplished something with a short amount of time.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited June 23
    Yay, finally got enough tokens from this event to summon Astrid! :) Is she any good? I've seen her around in PvP. Suggestions on how to rune her would be appreciated.
  • danacdanac Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Yay, finally got enough tokens from this event to summon Astrid! :) Is she any good? I've seen her around in PvP. Suggestions on how to rune her would be appreciated.

She's the best hero in the game!
    I find putting two reds, a yellow, a green, and a purple rune on her works best.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited June 23
    You're just such a comedian aren't you @danac ! :p
  • danacdanac Member
    The world needs more funny people*
    The original build on Astrid was put all sorts of defense on her, limited by her two red slots. That lasted until she started getting creamed anyway.
    I still have her defensively with damage reduction and defense primary, but there are red runes that give both offense and defense.
    I also know there are people who decided to make her strong on offense. You can go that way, even mostly defensive she packs a punch.

It depends on how you use her. I still use her in Kai Furnace teams. But some people use her merely to buff Shade or Ponti, and I suspect those are the ones who gear her more toward offense.

*funny on purpose, unlike our celebrity appresident.
  • She was good for that non Jerry unlock quest where you could only take one hero.. Defensive rune her up with an all melee enemy line up and auto run :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    danac wrote: »
    The world needs more funny people*
    The original build on Astrid was put all sorts of defense on her, limited by her two red slots. That lasted until she started getting creamed anyway.
    I still have her defensively with damage reduction and defense primary, but there are red runes that give both offense and defense.
    I also know there are people who decided to make her strong on offense. You can go that way, even mostly defensive she packs a punch.

It depends on how you use her. I still use her in Kai Furnace teams. But some people use her merely to buff Shade or Ponti, and I suspect those are the ones who gear her more toward offense.

*funny on purpose, unlike our celebrity appresident.

Does adding SKL make her passive for the defense better? I didn't think it would, but I noticed that my Yasmin had +22% Health from her passive (I think due to SKL)
  • danacdanac Member

Does adding SKL make her passive for the defense better? I didn't think it would, but I noticed that my Yasmin had +22% Health from her passive (I think due to SKL)

I don't know.
    Skill seems to be ineffective for most things.
  • I really enjoyed this event, I got two skins I wanted, plenty of useful hero tokens, all with enough tickets left over to get some useful materials. All this while doing pretty much what I'd be doing anyway, with just a slightly modified PvP attack team.
2»