Issue with Guild Games

There were a number of folks in my guild that refused to take part in the guild games, because they thought the rewards were not worth it. Personally, I wanted one or two of the new skins. Myself and many others achieved more than 80,000 points for our guild, but even so, our guild failed to reach the 2.5 million mark. That meant for all of my effort, I received nothing. I didn't need the character tokens and I need superior ruins, not greater.

My point is: should those of us who achieved so many points get something for our effort? The people that did NOTHING got the same reward I did. Just my 2 cents.

Comments

  • The solution to this would be to join a guild of like minded individuals. Most events are individual effort based. Guild games of course are based on the effort of your guild.

    I would imagine the skins will be available later on down the road in some other form.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Cjharris5 wrote: »
    There were a number of folks in my guild that refused to take part in the guild games, because they thought the rewards were not worth it. Personally, I wanted one or two of the new skins. Myself and many others achieved more than 80,000 points for our guild, but even so, our guild failed to reach the 2.5 million mark. That meant for all of my effort, I received nothing. I didn't need the character tokens and I need superior ruins, not greater.

    My point is: should those of us who achieved so many points get something for our effort? The people that did NOTHING got the same reward I did. Just my 2 cents.

    It sucks that other members in your guild did not participate but, it's called guild games so the rewards are based on team effort. Otherwise it would be just another event, just like the warrior event happening now.
  • I would tend the agree - normally, but the expressed reason for much of the non-participation was the terrible rewards for the effort. It would have been nice if one of the new skins was for the group effort and the other was for individual effort. The goal of the event is to encourage participation and attract new players. I don't think this event accomplished that.
  • If you are a hardworking maxed crowns player, you should be able to find a spot in a more like-minded guild for future GG. Guilds will definitely be looking for top participants as new recruits, given how easy maxed crowns are now.
  • The solution to this would be to join a guild of like minded individuals. Most events are individual effort based. Guild games of course are based on the effort of your guild.

    I would imagine the skins will be available later on down the road in some other form.

    I think you are missing the point .. the point is that all this effort was put in and you got nothing .... to be told AFTER the fact "oh you should join a guild of like minded people" doesn't change the fact that it WAS a waste of time.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    I LOVE IT ITS DOFINSHMERTIZ!
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • danacdanac Member
    DaddysGirl wrote: »

    I think you are missing the point .. the point is that all this effort was put in and you got nothing .... to be told AFTER the fact "oh you should join a guild of like minded people" doesn't change the fact that it WAS a waste of time.

    It's a competition. Those have winner and losers. Do you think it's a waste of time when you lose a raid
  • TwitchzTwitchz Member
    I also had this issue with my guild. So I left and joined a new guild and worked my **** of to get tokens for them, however after the event ended even though the guild got 2.5 million event tokens I did not receive any reward.

    I opened a ticked about not receiving any reward with the devs but was unfortunately told that I needed to be part of the guild before the event started, it really sucked :(
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    DaddysGirl wrote: »
    The solution to this would be to join a guild of like minded individuals. Most events are individual effort based. Guild games of course are based on the effort of your guild.

    I would imagine the skins will be available later on down the road in some other form.

    I think you are missing the point .. the point is that all this effort was put in and you got nothing .... to be told AFTER the fact "oh you should join a guild of like minded people" doesn't change the fact that it WAS a waste of time.

    There was live guild point tracking so you can easily calculate if your guild has a chance. They also tell you when guild games is coming up which gives everyone time to find a guild that wants to participate in addition he could have asked his own guild what their goal was. If the goal was 2.5 mil great! if not then you probably need to find a new guild. There was no secret what the rewards were and what was needed to get them.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • danacdanac Member
    Drocas wrote: »
    There was no secret what the rewards were and what was needed to get them.


    Except for the secret rewards.
    But I've said too much.
  • oredithoredith Member
    danac wrote: »
    Except for the secret rewards.
    But I've said too much.
    did everyone NOT get access to the super awesome event store? if you didn't spend your hard earned event points on the awesome event store stocked with some of the best items we've seen in game, you have no one to blame but yourself!
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I had access to the event store. It closed at 11:59 CST.

    But I earned no tickets to spend there. ;)
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I didn't have the bot needed to earn event tickets.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I didn't have the bot needed to earn event tickets.

    Odd. Most people earn those tickets by sitting on their bot all day.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com