The Evolution of Level Capped

JaxBoomstickJaxBoomstick Member
edited September 18 in The Guild Hall
Blah blah blah ... Level Capped likes to win. That is all.

Thanks!

4fim31nbqdgd.jpg

Now Hiring!
levelcappedmgmt@gmail.com
Line ID woodtwist
Post edited by JaxBoomstick on

Comments

• pjworldpjworld Member
    When you are at the top, it's hard to stop ;)
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    So first off - congrats to LC - you guys rocked some serious sheet - like big time.
    This was not just a win, but a total beatdown...a rout....whatever you wanna call it - it was not even close. It was tiger woods at the 2000 US Open.
    So, again, congrats - after grinding for the points I got, I know exactly what folks had to put in to achieve such impressive numbers.

That being said, now here comes the A-hole Dr.Jekyll side of me.
    Can I just get some insight as to the purpose of this post?

Because I read it and re-read it and all I am fixated on is the following translation:
    "We just beat the pants off everyone in the games. If we dont win another one, its because we are no longer trying as hard."

So in a sense, you set up a structure to basically illegitimatize any other guild that musters up the strength to defeat you in subsequent games. I dont like the idea of anyone having their win questioned by one team not trying the hardest or putting up their best competition.

Personally, I prefer to think of LC as a team you have to usurp to defeat. We all know its not easy, and its what drives the rest of the top 5-10 guilds in the game - gathering the power and coordinated efforts to take down the behemoth that is LC.

Anyways, as long as you dont use this post or this underlying theory as an excuse to justify NOT winning the next games, I'm all good.
    Keep on keeping on! If i see one person say "yeah, we sat out a bunch of guys, blah blah blah, and thats why AoA, UW, VVV or whoever won this time" I will cry foul, as that would be incredibly distasteful toward those guilds that actually did win.

I tried my best to avoid disrespect here, so dont crucify me too hard please!
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
    and now that i think of it - Mr. Hyde is the A-hole side, not Dr. Jekyll...

Are all plugs shameless?
  • echonapechonap Member
    Personally (not speaking for AoA), I think the top guilds need to unite and boycott these crappy guild games to send a message to DB that we will not blindly fight to outspend each other just to claim a silly title. Make the rewards something worth fighting over. These last two GG, I only participated because of guild pride. Daeris aether, no thanks. I would have been better off leaving my guild for the week and joining whomever finished 50th, so I could just do the main quest line and not worry about sandbagging my guild. My account would be better off for it.

I'm glad LC is taking a stance of not participating unless the rewards are worth it. Call DB out on this BS.
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    ckall056 wrote: »
    So first off - congrats to LC - you guys rocked some serious sheet - like big time.
    This was not just a win, but a total beatdown...a rout....whatever you wanna call it - it was not even close. It was tiger woods at the 2000 US Open.
    So, again, congrats - after grinding for the points I got, I know exactly what folks had to put in to achieve such impressive numbers.

That being said, now here comes the A-hole Dr.Jekyll side of me.
    Can I just get some insight as to the purpose of this post?

Because I read it and re-read it and all I am fixated on is the following translation:
    "We just beat the pants off everyone in the games. If we dont win another one, its because we are no longer trying as hard."

So in a sense, you set up a structure to basically illegitimatize any other guild that musters up the strength to defeat you in subsequent games. I dont like the idea of anyone having their win questioned by one team not trying the hardest or putting up their best competition.

Personally, I prefer to think of LC as a team you have to usurp to defeat. We all know its not easy, and its what drives the rest of the top 5-10 guilds in the game - gathering the power and coordinated efforts to take down the behemoth that is LC.

Anyways, as long as you dont use this post or this underlying theory as an excuse to justify NOT winning the next games, I'm all good.
    Keep on keeping on! If i see one person say "yeah, we sat out a bunch of guys, blah blah blah, and thats why AoA, UW, VVV or whoever won this time" I will cry foul, as that would be incredibly distasteful toward those guilds that actually did win.

I tried my best to avoid disrespect here, so dont crucify me too hard please!

Winning a guild game is an achievement and not one that a post like this will trivialize. I highly doubt anyone from level capped will come out and downplay a GG win as anything less than what it is, which is a tough feat with the competition thats out there. Just because LC doesn't push as hard if the rewards aren't justified doesn't mean that the other top guilds won't go after it and it'll still be a battle with a deserved winner.

The guild games have been a disaster this year so far and many top players have left the game, something needs to change and maybe this post helps bring more attention to the need for rewards to be better.
  • oredithoredith Member
    This is a great message. much props and respect for it.

the "buy your way to the top" gold-for-points from the GG was the nail in the coffin, and I completely support LC and the clarification that you guys will not just blindly throw money at the game in order to continue the win streak.

There's been issues in the past where I had a negative association with the name Level Capped, but this really shows you guys as a leader in the game, and putting focus on what's important in a way that would be understood by the devs.

kudos
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    I now understand the purpose of this post, and i support it as well.
    shame on any game that rewards such performances and victory with scrub rewards that none of those participants need.

Are all plugs shameless?
  • Congrats LC, well played :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    @JaxBoomstick - Congrats on the victory. I also couldn't agree more with this post. I'm tired of wasting time and resources for worthless rewards.

@echonap sign me up for the boycott
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    @JaxBoomstick - Congrats on the victory. I also couldn't agree more with this post. I'm tired of wasting time and resources for worthless rewards.

@echonap sign me up for the boycott

I wanted to skip out on the past 2 GG >.< They are absolutely miserable in their current form. I dread them.