Runes

I would like to have some information about runes, like what is the best way to get good runes and how to rune heroes?
I'm level 43.
Some heroes I would like to get some information on how to rune them: Hopper, Lupina, Black Diamond, Kai Makani and my PvP defense team(Torchy, Ella, NubNub and phenol).

Comments

• farfellafarfella Member
    You really have to craft and tune your own runes at that level. You also get some good ones from pvp and guild games. As for your defense team... I will let some someone more patient experienced handle that one.
    Gorgons have a new guild! Gormandizing gorgon! Yaya!!!
  • I would like to have some information about runes, like what is the best way to get good runes and how to rune heroes?
    I'm level 43.
    Some heroes I would like to get some information on how to rune them: Hopper, Lupina, Black Diamond, Kai Makani and my PvP defense team(Torchy, Ella, NubNub and phenol).

The best runes come from crafting and from PvP.

However, it's basically impossible to go from no runes to all high-end crafted/pvp runes. You need to run challenge mode to obtain mediocre "improved" level runes, and then once you have those, you can craft some better "improved" runes. Next, once you're strong enough, try out some boss mode stages where you will start finding mediocre "Greater" level runes. Start replacing your improved runes with Greater.

As you get stronger, you will start to have materials needed to craft some good Greater runes which will really improve your roster.

But just note you won't go from having nothing to having the best. It is a gradual process.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited June 25
    I haven't done low level PvP in a long time, so I can't speak to whether phenol is viable since his recent update, but get nubnub out of there ASAP. He's always been one of the worst PvP heroes in the game. Slow, does no damage for three turns, matches too fast for his healing and buffs to make any difference. He will actively lose matches for you.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I haven't done low level PvP in a long time, so I can't speak to whether phenol is viable since his recent update, but get nubnub out of there ASAP. He's always been one of the worst PvP heroes in the game. Slow, does no damage for three turns, matches too fast for his healing and buffs to make any difference. He will actively lose matches for you.

He's not that bad, he's only bad if he's the last one standing. Since the skill update his healing will pretty much heal everyone to full health each turn, and his Stout Team buffs for even more now.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited June 25

He's not that bad, he's only bad if he's the last one standing. Since the skill update his healing will pretty much heal everyone to full health each turn, and his Stout Team buffs for even more now.

You're missing the opportunity cost of having him on your team, though. Think of it this way...there are only two scenarios in which nubnub can exist for PvP due do the high amounts of damage done by nearly all meta relevant teams:

1- The enemy has decent runes and heroes, which almost invariably means multiple members of your team are already dead before nubnub even gets to take his turn. So now he's healing himself and maybe one or two others. Which just prolongs the inevitable when the enemy kills them next turn anyway. Instead, you could have had another damage dealer to kill someone on their side and even things out so you have a chance to win.

2- The enemy has a bad team or runes. They don't manage to kill anyone on your team before nubnub gets to go. Which just means you were going to win the match anyway and nubnub healing your team was pointless and made the match take longer than necessary. Instead, you could have had another damage dealer to quicken the match and save some time.

In short, there's a reason why you won't see nubnub or Yasmin on the defense of even a single top 100 caliber player...straight healers are an active detriment to your team at least until the damage/stat formula revamp that's in the works.
    Even the healers that we do use (zen, ember, cobressa, lily) are entirely for their other utility abilities, not for their healing. Damage is king :)