Introducing Tsume's Epic: Howling Saber

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
jvd0h4458xmz.png

Tsume has claimed his Epic weapon and is ready to wreak havoc with it!

The Howling Saber increases Tsume's defense, max health, and crit chance, but that's just the beginning. When Tsume does an Epic Attack, his healh will be decreased to 15%. Why in the world would hurting the wielder be good? Remember Tsume's Savage Fury passive? That's why. He'll then launch a brutal attack, and will heal himself by the amount of damage he deals. In the end, you could end up with more health than you started with! And because the weapon likes Tsume, it restores the health lost if his attack misses.

Also, Tsume is feeling rather celebratory with his fancy new weapon, so watch out for some Tsume-flavored festivities starting later today...
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Neat! Maybe Tsume can reclaim his pvp throne, or atleast get a foot stool.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    Hell, it's about time. Did gonna be gud.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Neat! Maybe Tsume can reclaim his pvp throne, or atleast get a foot stool.

There are several ways to show just how long you've been playing the game. Remembering the time when Tsume ruled over PVP is one of them. :)
  • mhmzayedmhmzayed Member
    in the old good days even before they invented pvp niptick igo tsume and nubnub was the team for pve a combination of most of the elements
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Two questions:
    1. If Tsume is fighting a Furnace, meaning he can only deal 20% of his health tops, and was at 100% health, would it be possible for him to NOT end up returning all his health? Or if the attack doesn't restore as much health a single it took, will it refill the rest?
    2. If Tsume was at 14% health or below, will an Epic raise him to 15%?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • TenchigoTenchigo Member
    His Epic looks friggin awesome.

But the sad part is when he will hit Furnace or someone with Invincibility. He just lost 85% HP for nothing at that point. But this seems really cool lol
  • PharmBossPharmBoss Member
    edited June 23
    He needed some flame spirits to level up. I thought they fixed it so elemental color items were required.
  • TenchigoTenchigo Member
    Two questions:
    1. If Tsume is fighting a Furnace, meaning he can only deal 20% of his health tops, and was at 100% health, would it be possible for him to NOT end up returning all his health? Or if the attack doesn't restore as much health a single it took, will it refill the rest?

I'm pretty sure it works like if you don't have his HP 15% or lower it 2il go to 15%, a difference. And I think his Epic will be huge gamble, so there will most likely be chances where you will do 0 DMG and get nothing back. The good part is that now you're stuck with 15% and can do extra DMG. Let's just hope he can crawl out of he D-Teir pit and onto a decent playing field in to help current meta.
  • PharmBoss wrote: »
    He needed some flame spirits to level up. I thought they fixed it so elemental color items were required.

Seriously, this is disappointing.
  • xsqpm3dwneq4.png

Done.
  • Two questions:

You're like the guy from Gremlins 2 asking all the questions like "What if a piece of food gets stuck in their teeth and they swallow it after midnight" or "What if they change timezones while eating on a plane flight?

Regardless, these are good questions.

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Two questions:

1. Yes. It is possible for him to not gain as much health as he lost.
    2. No, if he's already at 15% health or less, his health will not change prior to his attack.
    Tenchigo wrote: »
    Two questions:

I'm pretty sure it works like if you don't have his HP 15% or lower it 2il go to 15%, a difference. And I think his Epic will be huge gamble, so there will most likely be chances where you will do 0 DMG and get nothing back. The good part is that now you're stuck with 15% and can do extra DMG. Let's just hope he can crawl out of he D-Teir pit and onto a decent playing field in to help current meta.

If you miss, he gets his health back.

Now I guess we should ask, if he hits a shielded or invincible enemy, does he gain the health back, or just stay at 15%?
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    A 3x mats and free rune unequip events next would be awesome
  • echonapechonap Member
    And maybe offer his leprechaun costume in a quest chain, or ticket shop?
  • jaykay14jaykay14 Member
    Yessssss - the leprechaun costume quest would be magically delicious!
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    edited June 23
    The concept is pretty good, savage fury is a high risk and high reward skill and definetly the first thing when someone thinks about Tsume, having his epic weapon has the same high risk because of low healt but more reward on low health is a really neat idea, the main problem is, that compared to other epics the numbers are really low, i mean this is a single target damage type epic attack, with savage fury on full power being a 2.5 times boost, while other epics just give you 3 or even 5 times damage without any drawback. Meaning that among single target damage type epic attacks Tsume has the weakest, not really a payof. The only redeming part is if Tsume don't hit someone who is has some kind of invulnerability or damage cap, he will be most likely fully healed. Just like Brom, against any non boss character in the game. Or Yorik and his full team, or even Daegrund, and Yasmine.

In conclusion i think the desing is a really neat idea and Tsume will be most certeanly be stronger with it, it's just this is one of the weakest epic in the entire game.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Still a poor mans Viper.
    Mati01 wrote: »
    The concept is pretty good, savage fury is a high risk and high reward skill and definetly the first thing when someone thinks about Tsume, having his epic weapon has the same high risk because of low healt but more reward on low health is a really neat idea, the main problem is, that compared to other epics the numbers are really low, i mean this is a single target damage type epic attack, with savage fury on full power being a 2.5 times boost, while other epics just give you 3 or even 5 times damage without any drawback. Meaning that among single target damage type epic attacks Tsume has the weakest, not really a payof. The only redeming part is if Tsume don't hit someone who is has some kind of invulnerability or damage cap, he will be most likely fully healed. Just like Brom, against any non boss character in the game. Or Yorik and his full team, or even Daegrund, and Yasmine.

In conclusion i think the desing is a really neat idea and Tsume will be most certeanly be stronger with it, it's just this is one of the weakest epic in the entire game.

Would be nice if the life-steal applied to all Demons, making him basically a Demon Yorick... Also, doesn't his Savage Fury go up to 3.5x?
  • Is anyone else not getting credit for the demonic dominance quest? Won once with malice and once with malice/Tsume and counter still at 0-4.
  • Mati01 wrote: »

Would be nice if the life-steal applied to all Demons, making him basically a Demon Yorick... Also, doesn't his Savage Fury go up to 3.5x?

Used to, but in a patch awhile back, they reduced it to 2.5x.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 23
    @Mati01

You pretty much summed up my thoughts as I looked over his epic. You have MK doing 4x damage + Nerve Damage... why have Tsume's do 2.5x and remove 85% of his health in the process.... for a chance to go back up again.

Would've been a much better proc if it just did 2.5x damage, healed for 100% damage, and granted allied demons on the team the Savage Fury passive for a couple turns.

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited June 23
    Did we ever get any sort of answer on whether or not every epic using "red" materials at level 10+ was intentional? I vaguely remember a few epics being released that used the right color mats and thinking they must have finally realized the screw up, but now we are apparently back to red.

Intentional seems unlikely since the decision makes no sense flavor, lore, balance wise. And they've had tons of "drops tons of the overused red material" type event dungeons, so the creating-scarcity-on-purpose theory is out the window.
  • netz33603 wrote: »
    Is anyone else not getting credit for the demonic dominance quest? Won once with malice and once with malice/Tsume and counter still at 0-4.

Not getting credit for it here either...
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited June 25
    Looks like we're back to fire etched bars and fire spirits for green heroes instead of their earth counterparts. I know it has never historically been fixed for any green hero, but was with Stonefist! Why the backtracking?

3mluwmcusozt.png

Post edited by itirnitii on
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    Looks like we're back to fire etched bars and fire spirits for green heroes instead of their earth counterparts. I know it has never historically been fixed for any green hero, but was with Stonefist! Why the backtracking?

Because boss fight... that's why. Honestly they need a QA team.
  • Let's talk about this Devs and Mods...tasume maybe one of the most nostalgic heros in the game just got nerfed by getting an epic...

Most single shot epics get 2-4x damage, so to try to use tasume's awesome passive they have his epic temporarily lower his health! So cool! (Not)

Bc since he was nerfed he only gets a max of 2.5x damage...very lack luster for a single target epic. But this is just the start of the issues.

Next is the whole healing thing, why?!? Well obviously bc who wants to sacrifice health for an awesome epic attack....well demons do its kind of their thing. But you wanted to have no draw back so you made it where on a miss or dodge he gets the health back...what happens on 100% dr emily or an invincible snake?!? Oops

But the biggest problem still is when he actually heals! What made tasume so much fun in pve is he was like no one else! You wanted his health to stay low so he could demolitions teams with his first aoe and his fear inducing attacks....well now that can't happen bc at any time (probably on a lone almost dead pointless enemy before a boss room) he may activate his epic and fully heal himself rendering his bonus lost....

This epic killed the originality of tasume and makes him feel more like an undead or goblin....we have them already so why not keep demons demons?!?

We could have easily left out the whole health reduction and self healing thing and done one of the following to make him seem way more tasume like:

1: give him 2x damage (a good player using his passive could now get up to 4.5x damage on a single attack! Something to be excited about) and also grant him either evasion like a lot of pve demons get or invincibility for a turn so you can garuntee your demonic rage tasume gets to do some real damage!

2. Make it an aoe that purges and fears! He is a normal speed hero so it's not like that would break the current meta but it would feel very tasume like! And this with his passive bonus could be devestating.

3. Just give him 2x damage. It at least does some serious damage but doesn't nutter his design originality and demon feel.
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    l6eac0fs48nt.png
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    *Tsume, likely pronounced SUE-me. Kinda like Tsunami is pronounced SUE-nah-mee.
    (They could have driven the mnemonic home with "Tsoul Tshred" and "Tsavage Fury", but no.)

I just wish the Life Steal would have healed allied demons and given them a little more synergy. I don't find the epic that compelling to be honest. Lose health, hope you gain it back, and maybe do a little extra damage.