Introducing Tsume's Epic: Howling Saber

2»

Comments

• itirnitii wrote: »
    Looks like we're back to fire etched bars and fire spirits for green heroes instead of their earth counterparts. I know it has never historically been fixed for any green hero, but was with Stonefist! Why the backtracking?

Because they are epically dumb. They can't remember the simplest things. They constantly ignore logical decisions like keeping the same element mats for their respective epics. It's just sad how stupid their decision making is.
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    edited June 24
    I mean, while we're at it: why does Masuta's epic do 4x damage, anyway? Who okay'd that one? Like, that's an easy way to make him less OP. Chip it down to 2.5x and we're all good.

I think this epic needs to be reworked a bit. One-time upgrades that aren't intrinsic benefits are a bit problematic. In my mind, the design philosophy was that leveling, ascending, starring up, and unlocking epics for heroes were supposed to be 100% a good thing. The variability was supposed to come from runes, which can be unequipped at will.

This is the first epic that has me saying "But what if I want to unequip this?" - and that's not good.

Oh, and the forced resource-scarcity by using Fire Materials again is just silly. I thought we had players playtesting things before they went live now? What happened?
  • hadouryuhadouryu Member
    i hope yokozuna gets his epic next
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    *Tsume, likely pronounced SUE-me. Kinda like Tsunami is pronounced SUE-nah-mee.
    (They could have driven the mnemonic home with "Tsoul Tshred" and "Tsavage Fury", but no.)

I just wish the Life Steal would have healed allied demons and given them a little more synergy. I don't find the epic that compelling to be honest. Lose health, hope you gain it back, and maybe do a little extra damage.

Tsume seems to be a Japanese name, and I have spoken Japanese for most of my life, so I'm pretty sure the T is pronouced. TSOO-meh is more correct pronunciation. つめ or 爪 in Japanese means "Claw"
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    (They could have driven the mnemonic home with "Tsoul Tshred" and "Tsavage Fury", but no.)

I just wish the Life Steal would have healed allied demons and given them a little more synergy. I don't find the epic that compelling to be honest. Lose health, hope you gain it back, and maybe do a little extra damage.

Tsume seems to be a Japanese name, and I have spoken Japanese for most of my life, so I'm pretty sure the T is pronouced. TSOO-meh is more correct pronunciation. つめ or 爪 in Japanese means "Claw"

This is really informative, I used to pronounce it that way and then I figured the T would be silent.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

I have to agree with Fatcat, this epic is lackluster to say the least.

Do extra damage to a single enemy and heal yourself, with the possible massive backfire that if you hit for low or no damage (e.g. invincible enemy) you just nearly killed yourself.

I hope they rework this one sooner than later. Add fear to all enemies or heal all allied demons (regardless of damage done), and you've got something worth having. As it is it's nice to have some stat bonuses, but the epic effects are meh.

I don't see this flawed epic getting Tsume back into use in PvP, and with so many better PvE team options it won't make much of an impact on PvE either. What a missed opportunity. Tsume must be looking at his new sword and thinking of all the epic group healers and debuffers and wondering what he did to deserve this POS.
  • I've always pronounced it "Tsunami" and "Tsumi".

Tso I'm gunna keep doing that...
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Tsirtainly tseems tsensible.
    In "Tsunami" the T is pronounced. It is pronounced TSOO-nah-mee, NOT Soo-nah-mee or Soo-na-mee
    Similarly, Tsume is TSOO-meh, NOT SOO-meh, SOO-mee, tsoom, soom, or anything else (If it is Japanese, which I am 98% certain it is)
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 25

? Somehow doesn't sound right to me...I still prefer TSUmee
  • Just tested (my level 70) Tsume's (level 7)
    epic in the tower. He sparked off against a taunting (level 59) Furnace, and after a moderate amount of damage he healed himself a paltry 1700 hp.

Needless to say he was soon face down on the stones, while the rest of the team (Yasmin, Augustus and Dagrund) finished off the level, ending on full health.
    sirtainly wrote: »

Tell that to the Japanese. In Japanese, there is no ambiguity of pronunciation like there is in almost every language.

Example: If you saw これ (Meaning "this") written in English letters it is "kore" which is not clear how to pronounce, but all Japanese speakers would say Koh-reh the same way
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »

1. Yes. It is possible for him to not gain as much health as he lost.

I guess his weapon doesn't love him that much, then.
  • LietoLieto Member
    sirtainly wrote: »

Best thing about that video was the suggestions after had an Elon Musk video that I'd forgotten i'd seen where he collects his McLaren Super Car...It must be the one he eventually wrote off unless he has bought multiple million dollar cars in his time (which is actually likely!)
  • Can we get back to talking abut it the epic, which is terrible. I'd have hoped his epic made him more tsume like, maybe drop hp to 15%, attack foe and one random and apply invulnerability for two turns, thus making him use his innate abilities a little more, this is just a crappy epic that basically does a single attack for 2.5x damage.
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    Can we get back to talking abut it the epic, which is terrible. I'd have hoped his epic made him more tsume like, maybe drop hp to 15%, attack foe and one random and apply invulnerability for two turns, thus making him use his innate abilities a little more, this is just a crappy epic that basically does a single attack for 2.5x damage.

Not at all, it's crappy epic that basically does a single attack for 2.5x damage but with the distinct possibility of NOT doing 2.5x damage (e.g. vs Furnace or an invulnerable foe) while leaving a previously 100% healthy Tsume wishing he had better health insurance.

Wolfreich wrote: »
    Can we get back to talking abut it the epic, which is terrible. I'd have hoped his epic made him more tsume like, maybe drop hp to 15%, attack foe and one random and apply invulnerability for two turns, thus making him use his innate abilities a little more, this is just a crappy epic that basically does a single attack for 2.5x damage.

That would be a neat idea. I think it'd be more balanced and predictable if he dropped to 15% health, attacked on enemy, and was invincible for 2 turns, and then restore his lost health after invincibility wore off. Interesting concept nonetheless.
  • oredithoredith Member
    That would be a neat idea. I think it'd be more balanced and predictable if he dropped to 15% health, attacked on enemy, and was invincible for 2 turns, and then restore his lost health after invincibility wore off. Interesting concept nonetheless.
    2 turns of invincible tsume doing max damage at 15% health would be pretty crazy, especially if you max out epic and have 30% chance of doing that. it would probably motivate people to auto-attack with their opener in pvp rather than his first special.

I think it's overpowered, but the current form of his epic is pretty underwhelming. he's gonna sit at epic 1 along with all the other useless epics.. >_<
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    But it's dungeon boss invulnerable, thus leaving him vulnerable to debuffs, arcane bolts,vibrating palm, etc.
    oredith wrote: »
    2 turns of invincible tsume doing max damage at 15% health would be pretty crazy, especially if you max out epic and have 30% chance of doing that. it would probably motivate people to auto-attack with their opener in pvp rather than his first special.

I think it's overpowered, but the current form of his epic is pretty underwhelming. he's gonna sit at epic 1 along with all the other useless epics.. >_<

Oh, I was thinking making him invulnerable for just 1 turn.
  • It'll be 2 months since we had an epic, next week. When is the next one, or three, coming out?
    EnjoyLife73
  • Or five. Or ten?
  • There is one coming before guild boss battles, they said so at the last guild summit
  • There is one coming before guild boss battles, they said so at the last guild summit

One every two months is going to be boring...
    EnjoyLife73
  • Eej said that invasion will likely be the week before labor day weekend, or right after.
    Eej also said that they will need 1 week before the invasion to push out the game update which will be needed for the invasion, which will include the guild mail and game speed adjustments (yay).

this gives us a pretty narrow window for the new epic, which will either come out this week, or next week along with the bigger patch.

my personal bet would be next week with the big patch.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    When this new guild mail system happens, will I lose my saved mail?
    Anyone have more information on this?
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • danacdanac Member
    oredith wrote: »

my personal bet would be next week with the big patch.

you lose.
    Give me your person.
  • Is Tsume's epic harder to earn than other heroes' epics? I've gone through the Savage Grove 44 times now with Tsume and just can't seem to get it!
  • danacdanac Member
    Rkr1970 wrote: »
    Is Tsume's epic harder to earn than other heroes' epics? I've gone through the Savage Grove 44 times now with Tsume and just can't seem to get it!

The game is trying to tell you something.
2»