Tsume's Extremely Epic Event

2»

Comments

• TenchigoTenchigo Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Tauchy wrote: »
    same here, i maxed the epic before the quest came and all others are max as well so can't finish day 1 quest at all.

You can upgrade any epic to get credit for that quest, but if you have all epics maxed, you're SOL I guess.

Can't you just upgrade Tsume's epic?
  • 0kate0kate Member
    Kaish wrote: »
    demonic dominance is not counting.
    I won 5 PVP with Tsume but it was still 0/4.
    Did anyone have the same problem?

Won about 10 with Ella but none counted
  • Tenchigo wrote: »
    same here, i maxed the epic before the quest came and all others are max as well so can't finish day 1 quest at all.

You can upgrade any epic to get credit for that quest, but if you have all epics maxed, you're SOL I guess.

You can of you can upgrade any other heroes epic. It all counts. However the folks who have upgraded ALL epics already are SOL for that quest.
  • The event quests has a lot of problem, the mere fact that the epic upgrade quest exists is strange, the reward for the day is 10 tsume tokens, I would consider that a low level player insentive, but to get it you need to be level 60 at least. It just seems very contradictory.
  • KBergyKBergy Member
    Tenchigo wrote: »

Some people had tons of excess materials and were able to fully max tsume as soon as he was released and already had everyone else maxed. I'm jealous xD. But yeah, then they missed out when related quests came out a few hours later.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Epic upgrade is level dependent. People under 60 just had to upgrade 20 abilities (also difficult if you've already leveled up your abilities and aren't close to the next level).
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    The PvP with Demon quest is quite annoying that it doesn't work, but for everyone complaining about the upgrade an epic quest, it is not a big deal because all you get for completing day 1 is Tsume tokens. Sure, it would have been better if they had thought it out and released the epic with the event, but it's not that bad IMO.

I don't care about the Tsume tokens, but I wouldn't mind the 3x Jade totems, 1x Strange totem, and the 10x Mandrake root that I am unable to collect
    EnjoyLife73
  • I am having same issue. Looks like a bug that needs fixing. And I don't have any epics so can't complete day 1. All very annoying.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    jmcraven wrote: »
    I think some people are getting a little dramatic with this event. Not every event is going to be perfect for everyone, nor will every event be perfectly executed. That's life. The Demonic Dominance thing isn't working, but it's not the end of the world. The Epic Upgrade may not be a viable task for some people, but come on, you're complaining about Tsume being irrelevant but you also maxed his epic before the event even started? You jumped the gun, and it's a bummer, but it's still not the end of days.

This is a great game, and overall the devs do an amazing job. Provide some objective feedback and go play. Or take your gf or wife or husband to a movie. In a couple of days this event will be over.

All that said, I really like this event. Lots of gold to be had! Thanks @Joel

Agreed! The event is nothing special, but it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. The PvP quest failing was not good, and yes, the epic quest was not the most thought out, but it's not a big deal.
  • It was odd they released the epic before the event, that isn't how it's usually done (is it?) and seems to have been an error. I was notified by a Guildmate that the Tsume's epic was available before the event started, but only got it to level 5 before the event started, so that mistake didn't affect me personally.

They should have made the quest 'Get Tsume's epic', so anyone who already had it still got the reward. Hopefully they won't make that same mistake again - either release the epic at the start of the event (which is what I think they intended) or make the quest get the epic, not level the epic.

Having a quest that simply isn't registering wins for anyone is an epic fail. Lucky it's a repeatable and not a quest line event.

The quest for PvP Demon not working right is just a dreadful oversight. None of the demons seem to register the win, so it's probably the quest that's not working right, not the demon side of things. There's no excuse for this sort of sloppy programming and failure of testing, we need some form of compensation, maybe a dozen raid tickets for everyone so we can re-run the quest when (if) it's fixed.
  • They have been releasing new epics at like 11am cst for the past 3-4 epics from what I can remember.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    They have been releasing new epics at like 11am cst for the past 3-4 epics from what I can remember.

Guess I missed that. I'm usually running whatever Boss Island Dungeon is up, and only see the new epic when it's actually announced.
  • Loving the repeatable gold quest. As a new level 70 this has been the best event I've seen to farm gold. Lupina + 3 energy potions on a challenge dungeon and I'm getting 15-20 fears a dungeon. Probably going to get close to 100 million gold for this event. Thanks!
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    They have been releasing new epics at like 11am cst for the past 3-4 epics from what I can remember.

Guess I missed that. I'm usually running whatever Boss Island Dungeon is up, and only see the new epic when it's actually announced.

I'm not sure they announce them early either.

I know some people, after a large enough update, hunt down their hero pages to see if the epic tab for any hero is changed from 'not discovered epic yet.'
  • tallkristallkris Member
    So those of us that maxed the epic before the event are SOL, no comment otherwise?
  • danacdanac Member
    tallkris wrote: »
    So those of us that maxed the epic before the event are SOL, no comment otherwise?

Yes. You lost 10 Tsume aether, some green materials, and 4 totems by jumping the gun.
  • KuarKuar Member
    Kaish wrote: »
    demonic dominance is not counting.
    I won 5 PVP with Tsume but it was still 0/4.
    Did anyone have the same problem?

I did, but in the last events with warriors
  • KuarKuar Member
    I'm so exited to know more about the new event on tonight
  • ShantijiShantiji Member
    wow, They fixed Demonic Dominance 10 minutes before the event is going to be over? Or did I misunderstand? Either way, not good, dev!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey folks, we'll be sending out compensation to everyone for the issues with the Demonic Dominance quest in the near future. That mishap aside, we hope you enjoyed the event!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • ShantijiShantiji Member

"Mishap" Joel? You fix it 10 minutes before the event ends and it's a mishap? I do hope the compensation is either the 98 shards and 14 binders I would have gotten in the last two days, or something even better! Otherwise, I do enjoy the game and play several hours a day.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey folks, we'll be sending out compensation to everyone for the issues with the Demonic Dominance quest in the near future. That mishap aside, we hope you enjoyed the event!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend , do you browse forums and such on the net on your days off ?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Shantiji wrote: »
    "Mishap" Joel? You fix it 10 minutes before the event ends and it's a mishap? I do hope the compensation is either the 98 shards and 14 binders I would have gotten in the last two days, or something even better! Otherwise, I do enjoy the game and play several hours a day.

I'm not calling the late fix a mishap, I'm calling the bug happening at all a mishap. I do not think the compensation will be covering quite that much, as most players seem to have realized the bug with the quest before attempting to complete it so many times. That being said, you are free to contact customer support and ask about your individual situation. I cannot guarantee anything on their end, but there is certainly no harm in asking.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Honestly, the hate is overblown guys. It was one miserable quest. And you all realized there was an issue early and likely didn't bother doing anymore. And it wasn't key to a daily quest chain or anything.

Why are you attacking the messenger for not wanting to work (read and respond) on his weekend, especially since it's not like they could've easily rolled out a fix without validation and testing.
2»