Trying to work on an All-Beast team

I have plenty of teams in mind, but so far I've been using a Beast team. With a few types like Ogres and Goblins and Reptiles, there aren't many options, but with Beasts you have seven. Currently I'm using...

Torchy
Jabber Clenchjaw
Bovus El Doro
Pignius Maximus

However I also have Lupina, Julius and Leonidas. I tried Lupina, but I think Torchy's overall more usefull with the team I got. I do like Julius, but he's unascended so far. Sometimes I switch between either Bovus or Pignius and Leonidas, but what I've noticed is that Leonidas doesn't have buffs that help beasts like the other two do.

Anyone else have an all Beast team that they can help give me tips on?

Comments

• allanxallanx Member
    Lupina, Torchy, Bovus, Piggy. the first 3 have epics that kill everything, the 4th has a passive that makes non-epic basic attacks deal 2x damage, practically killing whoever you attack anyway. 1-2 vampiric runes on each beast and they don't die.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited June 27
    Is this for PVE or PVP or both? What's your current level?
  • oredithoredith Member
    is there a specific reason you're going for all beast only, rather than a beast + healer?

my problem with all beast is that even with vampiric, healing is spotty, and it's especially problematic if you are using them in a dungeon that has mobs that have a chance to either poison or burn on hit.

my current favorite team is yasmin, grog-gnog, bovus, and piggy. I sometimes swap out bovus with lupina, but lupina is still a bit too squishy for my liking.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredith wrote: »
    is there a specific reason you're going for all beast only, rather than a beast + healer?

The only thing I really want to avoid using are humans/dwarves/elves, anything else I'm fine with using. It's just that right now I've mostly been buffing up my beasts without paying much attention to my other guys, so I'm kind of wondering which ones work best in a team together.

(I don't enjoy using humanoids in general in games. If I have a choice, I always use non-humans.)
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    I use Lupina, Bovus, Grog, Torchy in that order, for PvE only. But it will auto run any dungeon.
    Everyone except Grog has a Level 10 epic though.
    Never need a healer, other team hardly ever gets a chance to strike.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited June 28
    doh' misread
    Post edited by Brazy on
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    my theory is there will some day be a "beast tamer" who will replace Yasmin as the healer - he/she would have some killer beast synergies and complete a sort of "true-beast" auto team.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    Brazy wrote: »
    ZWendy wrote: »
    I use Lupina, Bovus, Grog, Torchy in that order, for PvE only. But it will auto run any dungeon.
    Everyone except Grog has a Level 10 epic though.
    Never need a healer, other team hardly ever gets a chance to strike.

What kind of sorcery is this?

"EXCEPT"
    I wasn't one of the lucky ones who picked up that Epic when it was accidentally released.

DB Player since 10.11.2015
  • danacdanac Member

(I don't enjoy using humanoids in general in games. If I have a choice, I always use non-humans.)

Speciesist.
  • danac wrote: »

Speciesist.

Considering how many people I know absolutely need to use humans in order to enjoy a game, I don't see why not wanting to use them is a bad thing.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »

Speciesist.

Not a speciesist, Danac, just a furry. :lol:
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited July 14

Humanoid means having human shape or form, so you could use Lupina (wolf shape) Torchy (bat) and grog-Gnog (two heads, I can accept that as non-humanoid), but all the other beasts are humanoid.

If you want non-humanoids use the reptiles minus Krexx, plus one of the above beasts or Bauble. Maybe Icepick, Brom and Nitpick (not many humans have wings).

One could argue that the heroes such as Yasmin and Pontifex that float rather than walk are not humanoid, but I'm not sure that idea flies...
    Barleyman wrote: »

Humanoid means having human shape or form, so you could use Lupina (wolf shape) Torchy (bat) and grog-Gnog (two heads, I can accept that as non-humanoid), but all the other beasts are humanoid.

If you want non-humanoids use the reptiles minus Krexx, plus one of the above beasts or Bauble. Maybe Icepick, Brom and Nitpick (not many humans have wings).

One could argue that the heroes such as Yasmin and Pontifex that float rather than walk are not humanoid, but I'm not sure that idea flies...

99% sure the floating characters are all human. It's just a design choice by the devs. They use magic, so they float. Seems simple enough to me. Besides, if Yasmin/Ignus/Kobal/others aren't human, what are they?

I guess you can argue Pontifex is a zombie, but you can also argue that zombies are forms of people.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Barleyman wrote: »

99% sure the floating characters are all human. It's just a design choice by the devs. They use magic, so they float. Seems simple enough to me. Besides, if Yasmin/Ignus/Kobal/others aren't human, what are they?

I guess you can argue Pontifex is a zombie, but you can also argue that zombies are forms of people.

I've always thought Pontifex was a human necromancer, so when he dies he comes back as a skeleton.

We don't really have a zombie hero, unless Overlord Executum is a zombie hidden inside that armor.

You can add to the non-humanoids - Shade & Ecco, Furnace (his body is also his head), Rocky, Leonidus, Koros, Phenol, and Ferno.

I've always thought Pontifex was a human necromancer, so when he dies he comes back as a skeleton.

We don't really have a zombie hero, unless Overlord Executum is a zombie hidden inside that armor.

You can add to the non-humanoids - Shade & Ecco, Furnace (his body is also his head), Rocky, Leonidus, Koros, Phenol, and Ferno.

Sorry, Lord Zomm, guess you're not really a zombie after all. Just misunderstood. :disappointed:
  • Barleyman wrote: »

Sorry, Lord Zomm, guess you're not really a zombie after all. Just misunderstood. :disappointed:

I've always thought of Zomm as a ghoul.

I've always thought of Zomm as a ghoul.

Zomm? Zombie?? No...?

Pretty sure they even made some Thriller references during the last Halloween event.
  • WombatBatKingWombatBatKing Member
    edited July 15

Speciesist.

Did you just assume this?

By "non-humanoid" I mean clearly not human, as in it can have anatomy, just nothing else. Characters that are bipedal animals I'm fine with, characters that are literally just humans with a tail or wings I consider humanoid.
  • danacdanac Member

By "non-humanoid" I mean clearly not human, as in it can have anatomy, just nothing else.

Well, that leaves out cyborgs.

By "non-humanoid" I mean clearly not human, as in it can have anatomy, just nothing else.

Not unless there's no human left in them. And besides, I don't think there are any in Dungeon Boss, are there?

Not unless there's no human left in them. And besides, I don't think there are any in Dungeon Boss, are there?

A cyborg implies part human. If it doesn't have human in it, it's a robot. However by definition, "humanoid" just means human-like, so even non-human entities could be humanoid.

As for cyborgs in Dungeon Boss, I don't think so. But if you look at Therand's splash art, his helmet almost seems to have some sort of furnace inside of it, made clear by the slits in the front glowing orange from inside. That either means his actual head is a lot smaller than it looks, or his head is part mechanical. I wonder if that means his helmet can't even come off?
  • Then what is the name for just creatures with a human appearance, meaning they look either completely human or they have features like tails and ears that "technically" make them non-humans, but they're still pretty much human appearance wise. ...Felicia and Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Megaman, for example.

Speciesist.

By "non-humanoid" I mean clearly not human, as in it can have anatomy, just nothing else. Characters that are bipedal animals I'm fine with, characters that are literally just humans with a tail or wings I consider humanoid.

Well I think you're moving the goalposts, as humanoid does not mean what you said. Elves and Dwarves have the anatomy but re not human, but you said you didn't want to use them.

If you're prepared to use humanoid that are simply not human, dwarf or elf, then there are lots of choices.

Alexandros and Stone Fist are humanoid constructs (I'm using the dictionary definition of humanoid), but not human.

Igorok is not human, in fact it's not clear what he is. He looks like a gorilla is not a beast, and appears to have a mechanical or metal jaw, but it's not defined whether this is because he is a cyborg or it's just odd artwork. He has metal teeth attached to his jaw, but also has a goatee.

The Goblins haven't been mentioned, do you consider them acceptable to use?

I forgot that Krexx has a large tail, so you can use him.

What about Emily, Ella and Malice? They are angels or demons with wings but human faces, we don't know if they were ever human before, but you say you consider them humanoid.

Phemus? He's a cyclops so not human, but still humanoid.

Speciesist.

Well I think you're moving the goalposts, as humanoid does not mean what you said. Elves and Dwarves have the anatomy but re not human, but you said you didn't want to use them.

If you're prepared to use humanoid that are simply not human, dwarf or elf, then there are lots of choices.

Alexandros and Stone Fist are humanoid constructs (I'm using the dictionary definition of humanoid), but not human.

Igorok is not human, in fact it's not clear what he is. He looks like a gorilla is not a beast, and appears to have a mechanical or metal jaw, but it's not defined whether this is because he is a cyborg or it's just odd artwork. He has metal teeth attached to his jaw, but also has a goatee.

What about Emily, Ella and Malice? They are angels or demons with wings but human faces, we don't know if they were ever human before, but you say you consider them humanoid.

IGOROK... doesn't have a metal jaw... or metal teeth... might wanna get your eyes checked.
  • WombatBatKingWombatBatKing Member
    edited July 16
    Well I think you're moving the goalposts, as humanoid does not mean what you said. Elves and Dwarves have the anatomy but re not human, but you said you didn't want to use them. If you're prepared to use humanoid that are simply not human, dwarf or elf, then there are lots of choices.

I consider anything that looks human to be human, so I consider elves and dwarves to be human.

Stone Fist is a golem: definitely not human. Alexandros I'm not sure, isn't he one of the knights? Cause unless absolutely proven otherwise, knights are humans by default, so I don't know.

IGOROK, I think, is supposed to be based of Ymir, though I could be wrong. IGOROK looks like a giant frozen ogre rather than a human, so I don't count him as human.

Goblins, while slightly humanish, have an appearance that gives them a clear difference to humans, so I consider them nonhumans.

Emily, Ella and Malice look just like humans except they have wings (and in Ella's case: horns), so I consider them human.

Phemus is clearly not human having an anatomically different head and body to what a human would have.

...Just my two cents on those.
    Well I think you're moving the goalposts, as humanoid does not mean what you said. Elves and Dwarves have the anatomy but re not human, but you said you didn't want to use them. If you're prepared to use humanoid that are simply not human, dwarf or elf, then there are lots of choices.

I consider anything that looks human to be human, so I consider elves and dwarves to be human.

Stone Fist is a golem: definitely not human. Alexandros I'm not sure, isn't he one of the knights? Cause unless absolutely proven otherwise, knights are humans by default, so I don't know.

IGOROK, I think, is supposed to be based of Ymir, though I could be wrong. IGOROK looks like a giant frozen ogre rather than a human, so I don't count him as human.

Goblins, while slightly humanish, have an appearance that gives them a clear difference to humans, so I consider them nonhumans.

Emily, Ella and Malice look just like humans except they have wings (and in Ella's case: horns), so I consider them human.

Phemus is clearly not human having an anatomically different head and body to what a human would have.

...Just my two cents on those.

Well "looking human" and "being human" are two entirely different things. I think OP just means they want a full animal team.

Also Alexandros is a construct. I know he wasn't before, but if you look closely you'll notice his armor and limbs all sort of float. He's just a spirit possessing armor. So... I guess he could still be human, depending on what it's a spirit OF. But since he doesn't have the spirit tag and isn't undead, perhaps it's just more like an elemental inside him. Or a spirit that isn't dead. Or just pure energy. Now that I think about it, I don't know WHAT Alexandros is. Clearly the devs don't either, he's still useless.
  • Well "looking human" and "being human" are two entirely different things. I think OP just means they want a full animal team.

In my opinion, they are not.

This isn't about that anyway. I'm trying to get help on my all beast team, and no one's done that.

Well "looking human" and "being human" are two entirely different things. I think OP just means they want a full animal team.

In my opinion, they are not.

This isn't about that anyway. I'm trying to get help on my all beast team, and no one's done that.

I should've cleared that up.

For the definition of the word "humanoid", it means looking human, not being human. Although I guess being human... makes you humanoid? I think it's more for making comparisons of non-human things to humans. If it walks on two legs, has a symmetrical face, ears, arms, then it's human.

...but I know why you're picky. Don't worry. I know.
  • If it walks on two legs, has a symmetrical face, ears, arms, then it's human.

Then does that mean the Serkah from Ever Oasis can't be considered humanoid because their face isn't symmetrical, even though they're bipeds who wear clothes?

And again, I'm asking for help on my team.
    If it walks on two legs, has a symmetrical face, ears, arms, then it's human.

Then does that mean the Serkah from Ever Oasis can't be considered humanoid because their face isn't symmetrical, even though they're bipeds who wear clothes?

And again, I'm asking for help on my team.

If you want help, maybe try being a little less difficult :smile: