Trying to work on an All-Beast team

2»

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    If it walks on two legs, has a symmetrical face, ears, arms, then it's human.

Then does that mean the Serkah from Ever Oasis can't be considered humanoid because their face isn't symmetrical, even though they're bipeds who wear clothes?

And again, I'm asking for help on my team.

If you want help, maybe try being a little less difficult :smile:

heck, I'm easy.
  • So are people going to give me suggestions or not?
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    So are people going to give me suggestions or not?

Back to your first post, and considering the beasts that you already have

For My Dungeon offense
    Torchy
    Bovus
    Julius
    Pignius

For My Dungeon defense
    Lupina
    Bovus
    Julius
    Pignius

or

Bovus
    Julius
    Leonidas
    Pignius

You will have to fully ascend Julius. You can replace Julius with a fully ascended Grog Gnog. I'm not sure this will work well beyond level 40.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited July 19
    A fully ascended Lupina will increase the attack of the beast team by 25% (Pack Leader 3), passively. When using the howl, any team with Lupina will even do more damage due to the fear component. From the DB wikia site, "Fear multiplies damage taken by [150 + 1/Lvl]% and chance to runaway when health is under 20%".

However, any team with a fully ascended Shade and accompanying heroes will be immune to the howl due to Dark Shroud for the first turn.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 19
    So are people going to give me suggestions or not?

Back to your first post, and considering the beasts that you already have

For My Dungeon offense
    Torchy
    Bovus
    Julius
    Pignius

For My Dungeon defense
    Lupina
    Bovus
    Julius
    Pignius

or

Bovus
    Julius
    Leonidas
    Pignius

You will have to fully ascend Julius. You can replace Julius with a fully ascended Grog Gnog. I'm not sure this will work well beyond level 40.[/quote]

I don't give Lupina a lot of love. Maybe I should try her out. It's just... she shares one move with Torchy "burning fang" and her initial move, Chaos Howl, only causes Fear, but no damage. I get that causes enemies to Chickenquit if their health gets low, but it doesn't seem to debuff them in any other way. Still, maybe I should give Lupina a chance.[/quote]

Lupina's Fear (and any Fear, really) causes enemies to take huge amounts of extra damage. Chaos Howl is literally an AoE Mark for Death. It's amazing. I wish it did a bit more because the lack of initial damage does seem odd, but once your enemies are Feared it's a cakewalk taking them down.

Obviously doesn't work against Shade teams.
    Post edited by Joel on
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • edited July 19
    Also, I find the entire humanoid vs. non-humanoid topic fascinating. Based on every movie I've ever seen I'm certain that all elves and dwarves in this game are massively offended by being called human. Although more importantly, the idea of ruling out using heroes because of appearance is pretty amusing. I'm not sure what level you are Wombat but I hope you get over that by the time you get to level 70 or you're gonna be really upset. Playing without humanoids (and classifying dwarves as human) rules out pretty much all the best PVP teams. I guess you could roll with all reptiles but its not nearly as consistent as the other top teams, especially if you can't use either Zen or Lily. Good luck with that.

As for beasts, the fastest autorun team in the game is Lupina, Bovus, Grog Gnog, Torchy in that order. Put torchy dead last because his epic is so slow. And for some reason it only hits one enemy instead of all enemies when it procs off of lupina's epic, so you want that to happen as few times as possible (when Lupina's epic procs the beasts attack in order from left to right regardless of speed, so you put torchy last hoping that the others killed everyone before he goes). I use this team all the time, it's awesome. But you do want to max epics on Lupina, Bovus and Torchy first to really make good use of it.

Without max epics and strong runes you are probably better off with other teams. At the very least you absolutely need a healer so you'll have to include at least one non-beast hero. Beasts are still pretty squishy, so if you can't rely on their epics just killing everyone before they get to go you need to protect them.
    Post edited by Joel on
    centralcommand
  • WombatBatKingWombatBatKing Member
    edited July 19

Also, I find the entire humanoid vs. non-humanoid topic fascinating. Based on every movie I've ever seen I'm certain that all elves and dwarves in this game are massively offended by being called human. Although more importantly, the idea of ruling out using heroes because of appearance is pretty amusing. I'm not sure what level you are Wombat but I hope you get over that by the time you get to level 70 or you're gonna be really upset. Playing without humanoids (and classifying dwarves as human) rules out pretty much all the best PVP teams. I guess you could roll with all reptiles but its not nearly as consistent as the other top teams, especially if you can't use either Zen or Lily. Good luck with that.

As for beasts, the fastest autorun team in the game is Lupina, Bovus, Grog Gnog, Torchy in that order. Put torchy dead last because his epic is so slow. And for some reason it only hits one enemy instead of all enemies when it procs off of lupina's epic, so you want that to happen as few times as possible (when Lupina's epic procs the beasts attack in order from left to right regardless of speed, so you put torchy last hoping that the others killed everyone before he goes). I use this team all the time, it's awesome. But you do want to max epics on Lupina, Bovus and Torchy first to really make good use of it.

Without max epics and strong runes you are probably better off with other teams. At the very least you absolutely need a healer so you'll have to include at least one non-beast hero. Beasts are still pretty squishy, so if you can't rely on their epics just killing everyone before they get to go you need to protect them.

I don't use humanoids because I'm borderline misantrhopic, meaning I have a general dislike for my own species, so I don't like using humans if I don't have to. I also don't like how media feels the need to humanize any good creature, such as having elves and dwarves as heroes or even an abnormally colored person passed off as a human, but nothing without a general human appearance can be good, which honestly comes off as narcissistic to me, personally, so as a result I generally dislike using humans or humanoids if I don't have to. (also, don't ask me why I'm misanthropic, it's kind of a long subject and has nothing to do with the topic.)

I could try using Grog Gnog. He's not a beast, but I feel like I should try giving some other characters a try besides beasts.

I dunno about healers. In my experience, I've usually been able to either kill off healers before they can do anything or kill their big threats to midgetize the impact of their healing abilities. I used to have problems with Nubnub's healing, but lately his ability to heal has merely been annoying rather than threatening. Overall, I've found healers on teams to be mostly deadweights, thought that's what I've noticed as far as fighting defensive teams. It might be a whole new can of pearls on an offensive, player controlled team.
    Post edited by Joel on
  • edited July 19
    Grog Gnog is a beast
    8drjl41kut10.png

Also I didn't realize we were talking about PVP. A beast team in PVP seems like a bad plan. Kai can drench them. Shade and hopper can kill them pretty easily, especially when haunted. MK can kill them very easily. In fact all the fast heroes you see will basically just wreck them. Beasts are a great PVE team but a pretty terrible PVP team right now. Some of the beasts get use individually:
    • Torchy runed with all DR as a silencer to let someone like viperia or Koros wreck the board. This strategy has kind of died off plus Rocky is sort of better as a silencer but its still used occaisionally.
    • Torchy with constructs and ferno. Sweet symmetry with ferno, I think this can do decently well with the right runes.
    • Grog Gnog to slow and boost Kozar so Kozar can wreck the board. Combine with shade for debuff protection for Kozar. This is a pretty solid strategy.
    • Leo as resurrection protection for someone like koros. Hopper has made this a lot less viable but there's still teams without hopper.
    • Lupina as mass fear to allow your follow up heroes to blow through DR. Not super common since shrouded and constructs can't be feared. And neither can valkin (usually the center point of a DR team). But very strong in niche use cases

But a straight beast team in PVP? I know that would never work at my level. I'm not sure where in the game you are, maybe it would for a bit. Eventually you would have to move on to a different team though, barring some crazy new beast leader coming out or a major beast rework.
    centralcommand
  • Grog Gnog is a beast
    8drjl41kut10.png

Also I didn't realize we were talking about PVP. A beast team in PVP seems like a bad plan. Kai can drench them. Shade and hopper can kill them pretty easily, especially when haunted. MK can kill them very easily. In fact all the fast heroes you see will basically just wreck them. Beasts are a great PVE team but a pretty terrible PVP team right now. Some of the beasts get use individually:
    • Torchy runed with all DR as a silencer to let someone like viperia or Koros wreck the board. This strategy has kind of died off plus Rocky is sort of better as a silencer but its still used occaisionally.
    • Torchy with constructs and ferno. Sweet symmetry with ferno, I think this can do decently well with the right runes.
    • Grog Gnog to slow and boost Kozar so Kozar can wreck the board. Combine with shade for debuff protection for Kozar. This is a pretty solid strategy.
    • Leo as resurrection protection for someone like koros. Hopper has made this a lot less viable but there's still teams without hopper.
    • Lupina as mass fear to allow your follow up heroes to blow through DR. Not super common since shrouded and constructs can't be feared. And neither can valkin (usually the center point of a DR team). But very strong in niche use cases

But a straight beast team in PVP? I know that would never work at my level. I'm not sure where in the game you are, maybe it would for a bit. Eventually you would have to move on to a different team though, barring some crazy new beast leader coming out or a major beast rework.

O_o that's news to me. Okay, that gives me someone to use. I just... How exactly is he considered a "Beast" despite not resembling any real animals, yet Hopper and Kobal are pure monsters and Bauble's a pure Construct?

Speaking of Leo, he actually saved my **** recently. I was fighting a team with Tsunade and a few others, and at first I was kicking ****! Killed two of his guys right away including Pontifex, got all my moves out and then we get to Soul Shred and I was like "Oh yeah, a lot of good that will do since all my guys have already had their turn and Beast Mode buff wears off next turn anyway. HAHAHAHAHAHAHey, what happened to my health?" He killed most of my guys with Soul Shred and left Leonidas.

...And then, they finished Leonidas off and he resurrected one of my guys who got two free turns, was able to finish two of the members of the other team, survived a hit from the skeleton Pontifex, then managed to finish him off. That will probably never happen.

As for a beast team, I've actually had decent success so far, actually. MK and Shade are two of the only creatures I hate fighting, but at the same time those two have so few checks that most teams would be pretty much doomed against. Plus, with the right relics, they can survive Death Blossom. It might be a good idea to combine defense with evasion runes because while a REALLY strong MK can kill with the first hit of a Death Blossom, it usually takes both sais.
    edited July 20
    Grog Gnog is a beast
    8drjl41kut10.png

O_o that's news to me. Okay, that gives me someone to use. I just... How exactly is he considered a "Beast" despite not resembling any real animals, yet Hopper and Kobal are pure monsters and Bauble's a pure Construct?

Speaking of Leo, he actually saved my **** recently. I was fighting a team with Tsunade and a few others, and at first I was kicking ****! Killed two of his guys right away including Pontifex, got all my moves out and then we get to Soul Shred and I was like "Oh yeah, a lot of good that will do since all my guys have already had their turn and Beast Mode buff wears off next turn anyway. HAHAHAHAHAHAHey, what happened to my health?" He killed most of my guys with Soul Shred and left Leonidas.

...And then, they finished Leonidas off and he resurrected one of my guys who got two free turns, was able to finish two of the members of the other team, survived a hit from the skeleton Pontifex, then managed to finish him off. That will probably never happen.

As for a beast team, I've actually had decent success so far, actually. MK and Shade are two of the only creatures I hate fighting, but at the same time those two have so few checks that most teams would be pretty much doomed against. Plus, with the right relics, they can survive Death Blossom. It might be a good idea to combine defense with evasion runes because while a REALLY strong MK can kill with the first hit of a Death Blossom, it usually takes both sais.

Isn't it obvious...? He resembles... well not one Beast in particular but multiple... like a Gorilla and a Bear and... a whatever animal has huge spines on it's back. A porcupine, lol? He's like Kang, I think. A two-headed Yeti. In fact I'm preeeetty sure his lore actually says he's Kang's son. Your definition of Beast seems pretty narrow. But I agree, I don't see why Hopper isn't a Beast. Or Mangle. Mangle used to be a Beast but is now pure Monster. It would've been cool to have a Monster/Beast mix (Hopper and Mangle) so you could do mixed teams and synergies. Oh well.

Also pretty sure by Kobal you meant Koros. He's like... he's a manticore. So... sort of like tons of Beasts put into one, which I guess is enough to warrant he's no longer a regular animal?

To me, at least, Beast and Monster are really similar. I wish they never added Monster as a tag because all the Monster heroes don't really... seem... Monster-y. Phemus could've been made into an Ogre and Phenol... he could've just been buffed some other way. Maybe if the Monsters actually had synergy, he'd be useful. But right now there's no healer, no reliable Tank that isn't Slow, no stat buffs (Defense from Phemus but... really who uses Phemus?) and their race trait is really, REALLY situational.

Bauble isn't a Beast cuz he's a Construct. I get what you mean, but I think Construct just sorta removes any trait or tag that has to do with organic creatures. Although now I sorta wish Bauble was part Beast, cuz then the Beast team would have a healer that actually has synergy with them.
  • As for a beast team, I've actually had decent success so far, actually. MK and Shade are two of the only creatures I hate fighting, but at the same time those two have so few checks that most teams would be pretty much doomed against. Plus, with the right relics, they can survive Death Blossom. It might be a good idea to combine defense with evasion runes because while a REALLY strong MK can kill with the first hit of a Death Blossom, it usually takes both sais.

You're going to see MK and Shade a lot more the higher you get in level and PvP. Most teams I attack have both of them.

Grog-Gnog is a strange mix, they wanted an ogre companion for Kozar and didn't pick Phemus. Grog does extra damage against ogres because he's a beast, and yet he's an ogre...

he is the only water beast, so it's a good thing we have him, and his basic attack is two attacks. Combine that with Pignius' giving 50% chance for an extra attack for a beast, plus possible beast revenge attacks, and he does a lot of attacking. I'd say he does the most damage on my standard all-water team of Yasmin, Igorok, Grog and Stone Fist. That's before you even consider his special attacks, which are all powerful damage too.

If you haven't developed and used Grog-Gnog and you want an all beast team you need to, asap.
    Barleyman wrote: »

You're going to see MK and Shade a lot more the higher you get in level and PvP. Most teams I attack have both of them.

Grog-Gnog is a strange mix, they wanted an ogre companion for Kozar and didn't pick Phemus. Grog does extra damage against ogres because he's a beast, and yet he's an ogre...

he is the only water beast, so it's a good thing we have him, and his basic attack is two attacks. Combine that with Pignius' giving 50% chance for an extra attack for a beast, plus possible beast revenge attacks, and he does a lot of attacking. I'd say he does the most damage on my standard all-water team of Yasmin, Igorok, Grog and Stone Fist. That's before you even consider his special attacks, which are all powerful damage too.

If you haven't developed and used Grog-Gnog and you want an all beast team you need to, asap.

Not to mention Grog gives Beasts 30% extra Health. Combine that with Julius' 25% increase and the 40% increase in PvP, and that's a 95% Health increase for Beasts in PvP. It's really horrifying. Lupina/Grog/Julius/Pig is a great team. Lupina and Pig give tons of extra damage while the other two make Beasts bulky as heck. Of course, it's not the best Defense team... but using it on offense when it works? Very fun.

• Isn't it obvious...? He resembles... well not one Beast in particular but multiple... like a Gorilla and a Bear and... a whatever animal has huge spines on it's back. A porcupine, lol? He's like Kang, I think. A two-headed Yeti. In fact I'm preeeetty sure his lore actually says he's Kang's son. Your definition of Beast seems pretty narrow. But I agree, I don't see why Hopper isn't a Beast. Or Mangle. Mangle used to be a Beast but is now pure Monster. It would've been cool to have a Monster/Beast mix (Hopper and Mangle) so you could do mixed teams and synergies. Oh well.

Also pretty sure by Kobal you meant Koros. He's like... he's a manticore. So... sort of like tons of Beasts put into one, which I guess is enough to warrant he's no longer a regular animal?

To me, at least, Beast and Monster are really similar. I wish they never added Monster as a tag because all the Monster heroes don't really... seem... Monster-y. Phemus could've been made into an Ogre and Phenol... he could've just been buffed some other way. Maybe if the Monsters actually had synergy, he'd be useful. But right now there's no healer, no reliable Tank that isn't Slow, no stat buffs (Defense from Phemus but... really who uses Phemus?) and their race trait is really, REALLY situational.

Bauble isn't a Beast cuz he's a Construct. I get what you mean, but I think Construct just sorta removes any trait or tag that has to do with organic creatures. Although now I sorta wish Bauble was part Beast, cuz then the Beast team would have a healer that actually has synergy with them.

Oh yeah, I mean't Koros. Sorry about that.

My problem with Grog-Gnog is that the only real animal I see on him is, pardon for being a stickler, his HUMAN left head. The rest I sorta maaaaybe see Gorilla, but for the most part all I see is a Yeti with a second head that happens to be a human's head.

As it turns out, I don't actually have him yet. I'll have to save up Honor points to get him.

Isn't it obvious...? He resembles... well not one Beast in particular but multiple... like a Gorilla and a Bear and... a whatever animal has huge spines on it's back. A porcupine, lol? He's like Kang, I think. A two-headed Yeti. In fact I'm preeeetty sure his lore actually says he's Kang's son. Your definition of Beast seems pretty narrow. But I agree, I don't see why Hopper isn't a Beast. Or Mangle. Mangle used to be a Beast but is now pure Monster. It would've been cool to have a Monster/Beast mix (Hopper and Mangle) so you could do mixed teams and synergies. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I mean't Koros. Sorry about that.

My problem with Grog-Gnog is that the only real animal I see on him is, pardon for being a stickler, his HUMAN left head. The rest I sorta maaaaybe see Gorilla, but for the most part all I see is a Yeti with a second head that happens to be a human's head.

As it turns out, I don't actually have him yet. I'll have to save up Honor points to get him.

Well humans and apes are pretty similar... just cuz he doesn't have fur on him doesn't mean he's not an animal.

By that note, do you like Gorillaz?
2»