PVP rune sucks

I know everyone is thinking the same thing.

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited June 28
    This is beyond suck. Said already in another thread, but if the top 100 version dropped in a mid-level boss island run, I'd screenshot it for laughs and then either salvage it for shards (if non skill shards) or throw it on a joke hero for the roster power bump (if skill shards).

Never mind the lower tier versions. Talk about your all time junk.
  • nunyanunya Member
    Y'all aren't thinking of this properly. This is now a vacation week. Get to 40kish and crowns only for pvp :)
    nunya
  • nunya wrote: »
    Y'all aren't thinking of this properly. This is now a vacation week. Get to 40kish and crowns only for pvp :)

You say that, but what happens when they change it to a double attack precision blue next Monday night in conjunction with a new bugged update that causes all level 70s to gain triple the normal trophy value for wins and all sub 70s to lose triple the normal trophy value for losses and then we all have to PvP for 48 hours straight to catch back up?
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Skip_Holmes then I cry and whine. :p
    nunya
  • Rune stats: +skill, +dmg reduction

Heroes for which I might consider +skill instead of literally any other possible stat: Kobal

Heroes whom I want to die as quickly as possible when I use them: Kobal, Krexx

Overlap between these three categories: Zero
  • danacdanac Member
    Rune stats: +skill, +dmg reduction

Heroes for which I might consider +skill instead of literally any other possible stat: Kobal

Heroes whom I want to die as quickly as possible when I use them: Kobal, Krexx

Overlap between these three categories: Zero

double damage reduction that probably comes out to 15-20% is good for Lilly, Bauble, Emily.
    For them, it's not a bad rune.
    Then again, most people who will finish in top 100 have better runes on them.
  • You can get double damage reduction plus defense and health instead of plus skill x2 from crafting though, so this superior tier rune is strictly worse than a craftable at even greater tier. And that craftable is one of the ones with guaranteed stats, so you don't even have to fiddle with it much, unlike aegis/bulwark.
  • Lol, naturally they have to have filler runes and filler seasons so the playerbase doesn't become extremely stacked with uber powerful PvP runes in a short period of time.

Imagine if they gave out top-tier crazy double attack yellow runes and double attack dmg and pvp damage red runes all the time...everyone's roster would become absolutely stacked super fast and would start to look eerily similar to one another.

I like the idea of not giving out amazing runes every season. However, the caveat is that most players won't feel like doing PvP if the rune isn't good.

So, there's that.

Perhaps, there needs to be other similarly motivating rewards to reach Top 100 every week besides a good rune?

@Eej @Joel
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 28
    I'm with @Skip_Holmes - I would cry if I crafted a DR blue that had skill as primary and secondary and around 13% DR. At least make the primary and secondary stats Health and/or Defense.

I mean, my runes are far from perfect, but I wouldn't even bother with this rune compared to my sub-optimal 18-19% DR ones. And I've seen ones pushing 25% DR.

This week's rune looks a lot like a soon-to-be shard or binder.
  • I blew 60,000 on it in the shop, insta buy, without realising :/
    ---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • danacdanac Member
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I'm with @Skip_Holmes - I would cry if I crafted a DR blue that had skill as primary and secondary and around 13% DR. At least make the primary and secondary stats Health and/or Defense.

I mean, my runes are far from perfect, but I wouldn't even bother with this rune compared to my sub-optimal 18-19% DR ones. And I've seen ones pushing 25% DR.

There's a difference between hi end players and others.

I've never had any rune over 19% dr.
    And the dr on this alone beats most of what I've done with crafting blues, which my inventory is littered with much worse ones.

I would imagine if you had the gems to craft a bunch this would seem a lot more worthless, but I can only do 1-2 greater/superiors a week.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited June 29
    danac wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »

There's a difference between hi end players and others.

I've never had any rune over 19% dr.
    And the dr on this alone beats most of what I've done with crafting blues, which my inventory is littered with much worse ones.

I would imagine if you had the gems to craft a bunch this would seem a lot more worthless, but I can only do 1-2 greater/superiors a week.

I'm not sure how the DR on this can possibly be better than blue plannings you've crafted, @danac. Damage reduction as a primary stat runs 10-11%, so 5-5.5% as a secondary stat. Assuming you tune it to legendary (now much easier and cheaper), the absolute worst superior planning you could make would be 10% primary DR and 5% PvP DR for 15% total. On this superior reward rune, you get the secondary DR for 5.5% and the PvP DR for 10% for 15.5% total.

So, given that your superior craft can roll with 5-10% PvP DR, you have a 1 in 6 chance of crafting a rune with 0.5% DR less than the reward rune and a 5 in 6 chance of crafting a rune that can be anywhere from slightly better to way better.

And that's not even comparing the values of skill+skill vs health+defense. And remember that all of that assumes your planning stats roll for the lowest possible amount. In short, there is no situation in which this reward rune compares to crafting a normal planning rune if DR is what you're after.
  • danacdanac Member

I'm not sure how the DR on this can possibly be better than blue plannings you've crafted, @danac. Damage reduction as a primary stat runs 10-11%, so 5-5.5% as a secondary stat. Assuming you tune it to legendary (now much easier and cheaper), the absolute worst superior planning you could make would be 10% primary DR and 5% PvP DR for 15% total. On this superior reward rune, you get the secondary DR for 5.5% and the PvP DR for 10% for 15.5% total.

I admit I posted that without considering the rune update.
    But your assumption here is telling: you craft it to legendary status.
    That was NOT a common occurrance for me. So, no, I don't have many runes of any type over 15% dr, but yes, the ones I do are on the heroes this rune would be of any use for.

In any event, I'm not advocating going round throwing objects out for this season, I'm just saying it can be of use for some people who are not hi end players.

• NateDogeNateDoge Member
    PVP in general sucks right now. This meta is hot garbage.
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    PVP in general sucks right now. This meta is hot garbage.

Is that a play on Koros? "hot garbage" :#
  • farfellafarfella Member
    Yeah, I feel like DB keeps releasing new heroes to counteract the op heroes but then those heroes end up being more of a problem. So them they release other heroes to counteract those. I think the orignal heroes need a mass buffing.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!