Doodling Heroes Today!

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited June 29 in Off-Topic Discussion
Today I'm pretty bored and my job at the Great Escape drawing people involves art anyways, so on my down time I've decided I'll draw hero ideas! Not in the usual way, though - I'll only have the time and energy to sketch them out on paper instead of drawing them out in detail on my phone. If anyone has a quick, simple hero idea, tell me here and I'll try and doodle it for ya. Simple sketches only, and you don't really have to mention what their abilities or roles are, although I suppose it might help with design. So go ahead and give me ideas! I wanna draw stuff!
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• moqlsmoqls Member
    Spaghetti monster
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 29
    moqls wrote: »
    Spaghetti monster

Oh yeah, forgot to add - Serious Ideas only, lol.

Or at least somewhat serious.
  • moqlsmoqls Member
    moqls wrote: »
    Spaghetti monster

Oh yeah, forgot to add - Serious Ideas only, lol.

Or at least somewhat serious.

How about Manbearpig? Seriously.
  • Today I'm pretty bored and my job at the Great Escape drawing people involves art anyways, so on my down time I've decided I'll draw hero ideas! Not in the usual way, though - I'll only have the time and energy to sketch them out on paper instead of drawing them out in detail on my phone. If anyone has a quick, simple hero idea, tell me here and I'll try and doodle it for ya. Simple sketches only, and you don't really have to mention what their abilities or roles are, although I suppose it might help with design. So go ahead and give me ideas! I wanna draw stuff!

That Six Flag's Great Escape? Same place the girl "accidentally" fell off a ride a slow moving ride?

I mean - either the brother tried to murder her or she tried to commit suicide and he stopped her. There's no other explanation, and the family hired a lawyer and won't allow her to talk to the police.

• farfellafarfella Member
    I think she was just fooling around and fell by accident @kalamadea.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 29
    farfella wrote: »

It takes quite a bit of fooling around to get out of your seat, climb over the bar, then dangle yourself over the ride moving at 2 mph.

I've been on the exact same type rides, it takes effort to get into that FUBAR of a situation.

And okay - somehow you're able to believe that she was "fooling around" -- fine, you've made national news, impacted a major tourist attraction for the area, and caused the closure of a time-honored ride. How about talking to the investigators that are now costing the park and the government tens of thousands of dollars every day, and explaining it to them so they can move on.

Naaaaah... let's hire a lawyer.

kalamadea wrote: »

It takes quite a bit of fooling around to get out of your seat, climb over the bar, then dangle yourself over the ride moving at 2 mph.

I've been on the exact same type rides, it takes effort to get into that FUBAR of a situation.

And okay - somehow you're able to believe that she was "fooling around" -- fine, you've made national news, impacted a major tourist attraction for the area, and caused the closure of a time-honored ride. How about talking to the investigators that are now costing the park and the government tens of thousands of dollars every day, and explaining it to them so they can move on.

Maybe she did it on purpose so she could sue the GE and get money?? Or just attention? She's got one already.
  • kalamadea wrote: »

Maybe she did it on purpose so she could sue the GE and get money?? Or just attention? She's got one already.

My guess is she watched "13 Reasons Why" and got inspired by Netflix to do some sort of dramatic suicide, got saved by her brother, now the family is embarrassed by her stupidity.

Kudos the the guys that saved her. But at the same time.. man, Social Darwinism needs some love too.

My guess is she watched "13 Reasons Why" and got inspired by Netflix to do some sort of dramatic suicide, got saved by her brother, now the family is embarrassed by her stupidity.

Kudos the the guys that saved her. But at the same time.. man, Social Darwinism needs some love too.

Careful with your terms there, lol. Social Darwinism is racism, saying one group or race is inheritnely stronger than another. You're just thinking of regular Darwinism.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited June 30
    I meant she was trying to be cool by riding on the outside or something and then not being cool when she fell and was hanging by her foot. Anyway, how about a plant demon! Like, maybe a black weed thing or something! How neat would that be?
    Or a spirt plant? Or even a reptile plant! Pick your poison!

Edit: I liked your post to get you 1,000 likes :)
    Post edited by farfella on
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • kalamadea wrote: »

Careful with your terms there, lol. Social Darwinism is racism, saying one group or race is inheritnely stronger than another. You're just thinking of regular Darwinism.

I always understood it as someone removing themselves from the gene pool through their own poorly thought out actions. But I do understand how others have have taken it to mean that a race is better than others.

For some funny stuff though: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Stop talking about my sister and get back on topic.

dal8dikfxact.jpg

I always understood it as someone removing themselves from the gene pool through their own poorly thought out actions. But I do understand how others have have taken it to mean that a race is better than others.

For some funny stuff though: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

Yeah, what you're describing is regular Darwinism, or "Natural Selection". Look up Social Darwinism, you'll see what I mean. It's not that people "take it to be about race", it is about race.
  • i've got a suggestion.
    a blue, shaman goblin with an outfit that has close ties to the sea, but is still recognizable and goblin-ish enough.
    That guy was my first DB Fan character.
    HollandOrc wrote: »
    i've got a suggestion.
    a blue, shaman goblin with an outfit that has close ties to the sea, but is still recognizable and goblin-ish enough.

jpus6qi3ge99.jpg

He's got a glass orb of water sort of built into his hat and a conch shell on the end of his staff. Also I can't color these but the front of the bottom of his robe would be different shades of blue and look like waves.
  • HollandOrcHollandOrc Member
    edited June 30
    HollandOrc wrote: »
    i've got a suggestion.

jpus6qi3ge99.jpg

He's got a glass orb of water sort of built into his hat and a conch shell on the end of his staff. Also I can't color these but the front of the bottom of his robe would be different shades of blue and look like waves.

Foly whuck, that's an awesome sketch! the hat with the orb of water and the beard are really interesting elements, and the hat is especially well-drawn!
    he's very different from the image i had in mind (in my initial idea, he had some sort of angler fish skull hat and some fish heads on his staff), but the result is really, really great, even though it's only a sketch
    also, you made him kind of cuter than most goblins with the fluff on his ears and the stumpy fingers.
  • danacdanac Member

Careful with your terms there, lol. Social Darwinism is racism, saying one group or race is inheritnely stronger than another.

But there IS one group inherently better.
    Sadly, it's a group of one.
    But I'm willing to help y'all improve.
    But at the same time.. man, Social Darwinism needs some love too.

I think when you have 35% of the country still supporting the celebrity appresident, it's too late for Darwinism.