Hero Spotlight: Ferno the Dragon

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited July 6 in Hero Spotlights
kj04ngkv367t.png

Background:
Jungle King Julius found an abandoned green egg where the forest and the desert meet. He brought the egg to his jungle sanctuary and protected it with care. One day a vicious fire ravaged the forest and Julius lost the egg in the chaos. When the fire died out, Julius was relieved to find the egg unharmed. Suddenly, the egg started to hatch, and a young dragon whelp was born.

Although Ferno felt at home in the forest, his capacity for destruction proved troublesome for the other woodland creatures. He was too young to control his wildfire breath and Julius had his hands full caring for the reckless baby dragon.

As Ferno started to mature, he decided to leave the forest in search of others like him and a less flammable home.

Most Hated Heroes: Those pesky Elves
Allies: Julius, Torchy, and Bauble
Favorite Food: Goblin ribs, well-done

Element: Nature: +30% bonus against WATER enemies, -25% vs FIRE enemies.

Tags: Dragon (NEW Family) / Caster

Traits:
  • FLYING – Takes less damage from Melee attacks
  • FIREBORN – Heals instead of taking damage from Fire attacks, and deals extra damage to Burning targets
Runes: Green / Green / Red / Yellow / Purple

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • SPITFIRE - Basic Ranged Spirit attack that has a chance to add a Wildfire Burn on a CRIT.
  • WILDFIRE BREATH – Ranged flame attack on a single target, dealing heavy damage, and burning the target with Wildfire. Characters burning from Wildfire cannot have buffs applied to them, and if killed, the Wildfire will spread to a random alive enemy.

HOLD ON! WHAT THE HECK IS A 'WILDFIRE BURN'???!!!
It's a new type of debuff! A hero that is suffering from a Wildfire Burn is purged of buffs and is unable to have new buffs applied to them. They also take normal burn damage every turn. In addition, when a hero with a Wildfire Burn dies, they have a chance to spread the Wildfire to one of their allies. This chance to spread still happens if a hero that would get a Wildfire Burn is killed by the attack that would burn them.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo Sprite: 25
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 20
  • Fire Evo Sprite: 20
  • Incendiary Evo: 6

New Trait!
  • RECKLESS PYROMANIA – Allies’ damaging attacks on burning targets have a chance to spread the Burn (Wildfire and Fire) to another random enemy.

New Ability!
  • DIVE BOMB – Melee Physical Bite attack on target enemy that applies Wildfire, then all other allied Flying heroes attack a random enemy.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo Sprite: 30
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 30
  • Astral Evo: 8
  • Bushido Evo: 2

New Traits!
  • UPDRAFT – Flying allies gain an additional +1 Energy at the end of each round
  • AERIAL SUPERIORITY – All non-flying characters have significantly reduced ATK until Ferno's first turn
  • FLYING II – Takes less damage from Melee attacks (Upgraded Flying)

New Ability!
  • CHOKING SMOKE – Ranged attack that deals damage, reducing enemies ATK and lowering their chance to Dodge.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Hmm, an anti MK hero is born.

• echonapechonap Member
    Does Aerial Superiority affect his allies or the enemy?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    echonap wrote: »

Everyone, enemies and allies. :)
  • Another new tag? Speed up on heroes but slow down on tags! Anyways, can't wait to try out Ferno.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • I just sent six VIP summons to try and get this one and just got a handful of tokens instead. Yet, everyone else in my guild is getting Ferno on first try. Is this normal?
  • Your Guildies were just lucky - took me 3, another guy too 8
  • Joel wrote: »

Does it affect Constructs?

• I just spent ten summons and still didn't get him unlocked. Doing the rest through quests. I can't help but feel like I got the shaft.
  • I just spent ten summons and still didn't get him unlocked. Doing the rest through quests. I can't help but feel like I got the shaft.

Think I did 8 pulls to get the unlock --- it's a dice roll.

• Ascensions:

q0z3edhjhatl.png
    supdrz5urvx3.png
    siw44loldb5q.png

• Yup. 4000 gems later and I have it at 99 tokens. Considering 5 other people in my guild got Ferno on first try, I'm trying not to complain anymore.

For future reference, maybe devs will consider making the VIP a guaranteed unlock for first attempt...
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Does it affect Constructs?

Yes
  • So PSA - Ferno is VERY squishy -- just tried to PVP with him, and I have about 36% DR in PVP. Plus he's flying. Plus he had his -ATK debuff on the team.

Still went pop.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    kalamadea wrote: »
    So PSA - Ferno is VERY squishy -- just tried to PVP with him, and I have about 36% DR in PVP. Plus he's flying. Plus he had his -ATK debuff on the team.

Still went pop.

Did you check his stats before using him? It's always the first thing I do. Considering his abilities are very strong I guess it's no surprise he can't tank well. Just give him some runes to balance it out!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    So PSA - Ferno is VERY squishy -- just tried to PVP with him, and I have about 36% DR in PVP. Plus he's flying. Plus he had his -ATK debuff on the team.

Still went pop.

Did you check his stats before using him? It's always the first thing I do. Considering his abilities are very strong I guess it's no surprise he can't tank well. Just give him some runes to balance it out!

I feel like you didn't read the post - I put several defensive runes on him and a couple attack. He didn't live to tell the tale. MK ate him the next round.

Two PVP raid tickets gone and he never got a chance to fly...

• I've done a few raids with him and he is great support, fugly as sin though.
  • oredithoredith Member
    So, any chance the 2a passive gets changed to each room so that it's relevant in pve like lily? Otherwise it's pretty lame for pve. I guess that's the same for shade though
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 29
    oredith wrote: »
    So, any chance the 2a passive gets changed to each room so that it's relevant in pve like lily? Otherwise it's pretty lame for pve. I guess that's the same for shade though

Perhaps he'll get an epic that gives the debuff again (like Shade).

For now, I have him FA and runed... and I'm not really liking him. He doesn't seem to fit into a team - at least so far I haven't found him to be worth using.

But I'll keep trying. So far he's more of a "cool, new hero" then the next Koros.

Perhaps a future Dragon team will make it's debut and he'll sync up with them.

• sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Has anyone tried him with julius, bauble and torchy? Just curious cause of the allies note in his description...
  • I'm guessing the Wildfire thing is a GoT reference?

200w.gif
    gallery-1467035287-got-septs.gif

Well played...

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm guessing the Wildfire thing is a GoT reference?

200w.gif
    gallery-1467035287-got-septs.gif

Well played...

Green fire has existed long before that.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Green fire has existed long before that.

True dat - but in GoT they called it "Wildfire" as well. Just taking a stab. I may be wrong (I usually am) & I apologize for derailing this thread. @Eej, care to clarify?
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    Hmm, an anti MK hero is born.

Nope, mk still does an arseload of damage against a DR runed ferno. And shade eats him up too -- took him down to a quarter health with haunted past.
  • thorniothornio Member
    I just tough about something, will you change the tokens available in the tower of pwnage from shade's tokens to ferno's ?
    edited June 30
    Screw this whole can't edit a post or you have to get approval @Joel

This forum system sucks and it pisses me off when I type up a well thought out post and it disappears into the aether of the internet because the f'n forum can't handle me fixing my post.

TLDR version of my "locked post" - Ferno sucks don't waste your gems
    Post edited by kalamadea on

edited June 30

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    My thought was that perhaps the next guild games hero will be the Queen of Dragons? ;)
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited June 30

True dat - but in GoT they called it "Wildfire" as well. Just taking a stab. I may be wrong (I usually am) & I apologize for derailing this thread. @Eej, care to clarify?

Shh! Do you want to get sued?
  • danacdanac Member
    itirnitii wrote: »

Shh! Do you want to get sued?

If Lego hasn't sued them by now, I think they're safe
  • oredithoredith Member
    thornio wrote: »
    I just tough about something, will you change the tokens available in the tower of pwnage from shade's tokens to ferno's ?
    they likely had Ferno in the pipelines already when Shade got moved into ToP shop, with the full intention of keeping Ferno a VIP exclusive.

having said that, Ferno is no shade, and doesn't seem to be anywhere near a game changer like Shade was, so, it doesn't seem like anyone's really missing out by not having him, except for that gray box in the heroes roster.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything