Enter the Ferno!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
wwmay9tsrbte.png

Jungle King Julius raised Ferno as his own after finding the abandoned dragon egg at the edge of the forest. However, the young dragon proved to be far harder to tame and his wildfire caused destruction throughout the woodland realm. The Dragon Whelp left the forest in search of others like him and to find a new home where his destructive capabilities wouldn't be such a burden. Whelp found friends in other flying heroes, Torchy who shared the Whelps capacity for fire, and Bauble who is immune to being burned.

You can take Ferno for a test flight in a special event dungeon, and there are quests that will allow you to earn tokens for him, as well as other loot. We'll be adding additional quests each day, and none of the quests will expire before the end of the event. Ferno will be roosting in the VIP Portal, meaning that Shade is now available in the Heroic Portal!

NOTE: This event will end on Monday at 3pm CST. There will be one-day events on Monday and Tuesday, followed by a normal, longer event that will begin on Wednesday. We wish a happy and festive Independence Day to all our players in the U.S.!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• BrazyBrazy Member
    edited June 29
    Can he be unlocked through events?
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    edited June 29
    Do we really need more race tags?

I'm getting sick of the current design philosophy: make a new tag, create a [tag] warrior/tank/caster, rinse and repeat.

Then we'll have a dragon vs reptile event because the races in this game are in competition to out-do the drama of irl family gatherings.

I guess this guy can't be a flying reptile because then we'd have to deal with Viperia being invincible for another 2 turns?

I'd rather see some interesting race combos. Grog was a good start. What about an Elf Spirit? A Dwarf Ogre? An Undead Plant? A Demon Reptile? A Monster Construct? Flesh out the current tags a little more, yeah?

/rant
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Brazy wrote: »

No, but you'll be able to get a total of 85 from the quests, plus whatever you get from the event dungeons.
  • philphil Member

20 on Day 1. Plus a dungeon. Plus a potential 25 through a repeatable. Looks promising.
  • Is Ferno being the only hero in the VIP portal intentional?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • beasmodebeasmode Member
    Was it intentional that his 2nd ascension passive lowers attack for your own team? If so why would your own hero hurt your team in such a way.

Please tell me this is a bug and if so it will be fixed.
    beasmode wrote: »
    Was it intentional that his 2nd ascension passive lowers attack for your own team? If so why would your own hero hurt your team in such a way.

Please tell me this is a bug and if so it will be fixed.

It impacts both sides of the battlefield by design.
  • jaykay14jaykay14 Member
    why don't SHADE FLY? He fly, right?? Nope, he floooaaaaat....they all flooooaaaat down here
  • ThaliaThalia Member
    jaykay14 wrote: »
    why don't SHADE FLY? He fly, right?? Nope, he floooaaaaat....they all flooooaaaat down here

I agree ekko should be considered flying
    Boli0Fm.gif
  • @Joel Was Ferno not available as an unlock from the VIP portal using free pull? I had 12 free pulls saved, usually the unlock happens way before 10 pulls at least it has for me every time in the past. This time it ate all my free pulls and only got chests, the first gem pull I did got the unlock. Seems very odd.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    @Joel Was Ferno not available as an unlock from the VIP portal using free pull? I had 12 free pulls saved, usually the unlock happens way before 10 pulls at least it has for me every time in the past. This time it ate all my free pulls and only got chests, the first gem pull I did got the unlock. Seems very odd.

Coincidence mate. Took me 8 pulls using 400 gems each.

• beasmodebeasmode Member
    @Joel that's not cool. Why bring a hero that hurts your team? Is he going to turn into another dust collector right next to Jabber and the gang?
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited June 29
    beasmode wrote: »
    @Joel that's not cool. Why bring a hero that hurts your team? Is he going to turn into another dust collector right next to Jabber and the gang?

I'm sure he will be on every PVP team soon.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    He's pretty awesome. Some things to note: The damage effect can not be cleansed. It works through Shade's shroud. If Ferno dies before his turn, everyone remains weakened until the end of the round.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    Joel wrote: »

No, but you'll be able to get a total of 85 from the quests, plus whatever you get from the event dungeons.

Does that include the 25x pvp repeatable?
    NateDoge wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Does that include the 25x pvp repeatable?

Yes
  • kanofudokanofudo Member
    Does he not get to be mystical like all the other casters? is he too special already?
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Lol the four heroes in the V.I.P. portal are: Ferno, Ferno, Ferno, and Ferno
    One is never complete...
  • edited June 29
    Torchy and Zen are flying.Any others apart from bauble and Ferno?
  • Torchy and Zen are flying.Any others apart from bauble and Ferno?

That's it. Only 4 heroes that fly.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    It appears the majority of the casters are Floating, not Flying. I assumed they needed to have wings, but Zen isn't flapping anything as he moves from place to place. And Nitpick does fly from room to room with his little wings, but not considered flying.
  • oredithoredith Member
    NateDoge wrote: »
    He's pretty awesome. Some things to note: The damage effect can not be cleansed. It works through Shade's shroud. If Ferno dies before his turn, everyone remains weakened until the end of the round.
    is this tested and confirmed? seems kinda weird mechanics.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Thalia wrote: »

Please no. Then Shade will get the Aerial Superiorty buff and be even stronger. And no to Ekko cuz we already have 2 Light flying heroes...

Though I do hope this means we'll be getting more dragon heroes, and more flying heroes in the future. I can't believe there's not a single bird hero by now. We got a dragon before we got a bird. Bauble doesn't count cuz it's a robot.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Sigh - got all excited then read VIP portal.

Guess I'll have to let this guy beat me up for the next year like I did with Shade...
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Why? I am F2P and have no doubt I'll have him unlocked before the weekend is out.
  • philphil Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Why? I am F2P and have no doubt I'll have him unlocked before the weekend is out.

To do so, it sounds like you need some combination that adds up to 100 PvP wins with a flying hero (25 tokens from the repeatable) and 15 tokens from the dungeons. It's not trivial.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Dam you Ferno! I unlocked you and the first thing you do is reorder all my heroes when selecting PvP offense.
  • wow julius got a baby dragon..
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • ThaliaThalia Member
    Thalia wrote: »

Please no. Then Shade will get the Aerial Superiorty buff and be even stronger. And no to Ekko cuz we already have 2 Light flying heroes...

Though I do hope this means we'll be getting more dragon heroes, and more flying heroes in the future. I can't believe there's not a single bird hero by now. We got a dragon before we got a bird. Bauble doesn't count cuz it's a robot.

We have a furnace, now we need a stove
    Boli0Fm.gif
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Dam you Ferno! I unlocked you and the first thing you do is reorder all my heroes when selecting PvP offense.

They would have been reordered tomorrow anyway.