Enter the Ferno!

2»

Comments

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Has anyone been compiling a list of things from skeletons? I just got Torchy tokens and was wondering if Ferno was possible? (or Zen or Bauble)
  • AsaraeAsarae Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Has anyone been compiling a list of things from skeletons? I just got Torchy tokens and was wondering if Ferno was possible? (or Zen or Bauble)

I've recieved a Bauble token from one iirc. Also what FatCat said is totally true. Long as you do all the quests and refresh the token twice a day (only 20 gems twice), you can unlock him, which is not bad at all for a VIP portal hero imo.
  • wzangwzang Member
    NateDoge wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Brazy wrote: »
    Can he be unlocked through events?

No, but you'll be able to get a total of 85 from the quests, plus whatever you get from the event dungeons.

Does that include the 25x pvp repeatable?

He's alive and well! No need to contact his emergency contacts
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Sure! I'm almost halfway there already!

ymm5524sc7v9.png
  • BiffBiff Member
    I've gotten a few ferno tokens so far, so it's feasible to keep running the dungeon to get more and more
  • Asarae wrote: »
    NobodyPi wrote: »

I've recieved a Bauble token from one iirc. Also what FatCat said is totally true. Long as you do all the quests and refresh the token twice a day (only 20 gems twice), you can unlock him, which is not bad at all for a VIP portal hero imo.

That's greeat! If only it was next week - movers, fedex, airplane (wonder how much air wifi costs, afraid to ask)
  • ODPODP Member
    I did get 5 Ferno Tokens from a skeleton my first time through, which would appear to be the grand "jackpot" so far
    edited June 30
    I've seen:

40k gold
    5/10 keys
    5 stamina
    1/2 Torchy
    1/2 Bauble
    2 Ferno
    7 Defense/Skill shards
    10 red/green evo larva
    5 red/green evos
    3 red/green who monarchs
    Incendiary Evo

I'm assuming 1/2/5 variants exist for all the tokens but they're rare. Mostly get everything else. Assume attack shards are also available but I don't see material drops often either.
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • Can also confirm getting 1 token of the worthless hero off a skeleton.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Can also confirm getting 1 token of the worthless hero off a skeleton.

I didn't think Kreel was included in this event.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 30
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Can also confirm getting 1 token of the worthless hero off a skeleton.

I didn't think Kreel was included in this event.

I'm finding Kreel more useful than Ferno.

Step 1: Find a PVP defense with Koros going as the second normal hero
    Step 2: Bring Kreel, place as your first normal
    Step 3: Laugh as the enemy team's Koros slaughters his teammates
    edited June 30
    What kind of idiot would use Koros as their second normal hero? I'm not sure you've really presented yourself with a strong use case.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited June 30
    What kind of idiot would use Koros as their second normal hero? I'm not sure you've really presented yourself with a strong use case.

Oh, I make no claim that it's a frequent occurrence/strong use case (and usually it's when they have a Furnace that goes first).

But I am claiming that I'd use Kreel more often than I'm finding Ferno useful.

PS - Speaking of idiotic moves, I still see about 30% of FA'd MKs running around with Dodge runes on. (-\-)
  • jaykay14jaykay14 Member
    I've seen:

40k gold
    5/10 keys
    5 stamina
    1/2 Torchy
    1/2 Bauble
    2 Ferno
    7 Defense/Skill shards
    10 red/green evo larva
    5 red/green evos
    3 red/green who monarchs
    Incendiary Evo

I'm assuming 1/2/5 variants exist for all the tokens but they're rare. Mostly get everything else. Assume attack shards are also available but I don't see material drops often either.

I can also confirm a Bushido Evo
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

I've been caught off guard by second normal koros numerous times. I'm just smashing through fights with KFAV, and suddenly a koros dispels my taunt and leaves their shade open to spirit link the next round.

I most often see it in Shade/MK Furnace Koros Emily. I assume they are specifically designed to trick the obvious counter.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

I've been caught off guard by second normal koros numerous times. I'm just smashing through fights with KFAV, and suddenly a koros dispels my taunt and leaves their shade open to spirit link the next round.

I most often see it in Shade/MK Furnace Koros Emily. I assume they are specifically designed to trick the obvious counter.

KFAV?

Koros - Furnace - Astrid - Valkin?
  • phil wrote: »
    Why? I am F2P and have no doubt I'll have him unlocked before the weekend is out.

To do so, it sounds like you need some combination that adds up to 100 PvP wins with a flying hero (25 tokens from the repeatable) and 15 tokens from the dungeons. It's not trivial.
    The dungeons have special jackpot sparklies and ferno tokens are one of their drops. So you don't even need to refresh the token on the dungeon if you don't want to, you can just run them until you get 15 from the sparklies. Or more if you don't feel like pvp'ing and would rather get his tokens that way.
    centralcommand
  • kalamadea wrote: »

KFAV?

Koros - Furnace - Astrid - Valkin?

Kai
  • danacdanac Member
    phil wrote: »
    Why? I am F2P and have no doubt I'll have him unlocked before the weekend is out.

To do so, it sounds like you need some combination that adds up to 100 PvP wins with a flying hero (25 tokens from the repeatable) and 15 tokens from the dungeons. It's not trivial.
    The dungeons have special jackpot sparklies and ferno tokens are one of their drops. So you don't even need to refresh the token on the dungeon if you don't want to, you can just run them until you get 15 from the sparklies. Or more if you don't feel like pvp'ing and would rather get his tokens that way.

Probably not even that. Day two introduced a second dungeon, and the context suggests a third one on day three.
    That''l be three token dungeons for sat sun mon, which would be 9 right there.

btw, no Flappy love in sparklies for me, but I did get a yellow/green celestial, so probably all celestials have a chance to drop.

Nope. Just Incendiary, Astral, and Bushido. The evos dropping are all ones you would need to ascend him.

The gold bonus on the second dungeon is much larger. 160k maybe? And I've been getting 3x token drops occasionally. Definitely the better one to run, either way, as it gives you an extra room for sparkly skeletons.
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    @Eej @Joel - can I put in a request to make the VIP portal fully Ferno for the duration of the event? I was planning on spending gems for him at the end of the event after I complete all the quests to see where I'm at. It's quite unfortunate that this was changed this morning to be four different heroes.
    1611701?gid=
    I doubt it. They likely won't see this message until the event is pretty much over.
  • They just love weekends
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    They just love weekends

Eej said in Summit that they actually have a 4-day weekend, so yeah
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    Honestly, the ferno only porlal had a timer on it, it was pretty clear that it was an introductory offer.
2»