Matchmaking issues

VioletLyraVioletLyra Member
edited June 30 in My Dungeon Discussion
Hello @Eej , @Joel and everyone,

Ever since you made the top 100 update, it seems to have negatively affected matchmaking for me. I didn't want to jump to conclusions so I observed for a little while before complaining on the forum.

I've been working my way up to Legend I, as always. But I cannot, for the life of me, maintain even the smallest streak anymore because the H option is now mostly offering "very hard" options. I used to get a fair mix, with a majority of reasonably hard matches. My win percent was consistently around 92%, it now has dropped at 85% and that involves a lot of refreshes + basically no streaks. That's a big change compared to what my experience had been until a few days ago and it has led me to PvP less than I usually do.

I've been fully supportive of the top 100 revamp as long as it didn't unwillingly compromise any other areas of matchmaking. It looks like it has. I know it wasn't supposed to so I'm wondering if something went wrong. I can't be sure that's the issue, of course. It could be just a strange coincidence. But I'm sure of this: something has affected matchmaking for me. I don't know what it is exactly but I'm not liking it at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by VioletLyra on

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    It will be rebroken again on Monday. Hopefully to your liking.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I would agree. Things definitely feel harder than they were previously, even down at 20k or 30k trophies.

FWIW - I have a 400k+ roster power, and have never unruned, so theoretically I was already facing the difficult end of the pool of opponents.
  • danacdanac Member
    I liked issue 53 the best.
    It was the one with baby seals.
  • TopKnightTopKnight Member
    6kewna7kxgpc.jpg
    Agreed! Before the update I was the big guy. Now I feel more like the little boy.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    I'm certainly finding matchmaking more than a little unpredictable.

In the last 24 hours of the last games all my opponents at the hard level were under 20k total strength, no trouble at all for me to beat with my standard 30k strength attack team, so I finished in Warlord II for the first time since the new games format began.

After dropping back to Champion II the opponents were much harder again, as high as 36k on the right. OK, I get that everyone else who was Warlord II dropped right down with me, but this still doesn't really make any sense to me.

• nunyanunya Member
    I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. I'm still not good. ;)
    nunya
  • danacdanac Member
    nunya wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. I'm still not good. ;)

bvs, nunya's feeling down.
    edited July 2
    I think that before the most recent tweaks, it seemed reasonable to me -- I could get minor streaks going. After the most recent tweaks, it's harder and like you, I'm finding it much more difficult to get any kind of reliable streak going, even at 30K or 40K.

This is fine for difficulty, but I should be hitting this difficulty around 60K or 80K, on those weeks when I'm actually pushing for Boss 100.
  • Thanks for everyone's input. Sorry that some of you guys are experiencing this problem but also happy to know that I'm not alone.

It's frustrating to be assured that an update won't impact you negatively, only to find out that it does.

I'm very much hoping that the devs will correct this.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Just remember @VioletLyra, losing and failure makes you a stronger person. I find it much easier than push ups and sit ups.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Just remember @VioletLyra, losing and failure makes you a stronger person. I find it much easier than push ups and sit ups.

But if it made you stronger, wouldn't that make push ups easier?
  • edited July 6
    i would like to know why they needed to upgrade the enemy 'range' that high?

Isn't pvp matches based on level?

It is ok when you limit the range around 3lvls+ and 3 lvls -

but as you set it 6 levels is pretty unfair..
    what can and should i do to those opponents?And it is just in a lower league...
    don't want even imagine what could be in legend

ppmhtb7svfda.png
    zc384589mb0h.png72h3jarz22pv.png

• mzcv4nslx7o1.pngy3kb4y5tqnmb.png

and it goes like this....

Hope really you will fix it..

Sadly you may not like the results, but it looks like it's working just fine.

If that raid was their right hand / Hard raid, then I would agree. Matchmaking would be broken, because that certainly wasn't a hard raid.

If that was the left hand / Easy raid, then it would be difficult to argue that matchmaking isn't working correctly as that was definitely an easy raid.
  • @FatCat69 is it working fine ???i hope you are kidding.

Levels 70 can easily bully lower levels..and no chance to retaillate , due to the difference of levels.
    Pvp should be a fair game ,not a lvl bully match.

Players should find opponents around their lvl..and surely for a lvl 70 is a nice 'walk' in the wood to match and bully 6 lvls below players

p.s. and this is what i find in my list (being a lvl 64)and i am agree ..they are ALL AROUND my lvl.

BUT a lvl 70 matching a lvl 64 or a lvl 64 matching a lvl 58 is not fair at all.a6bi369runws.png
  • @PontifexAeternus I empathize with you but I think it's a different situation than the one I've presented in this thread.

@Eej new season, same problem: matchmaking offers me harder options than it used to. And it all started once you introduced the top 100 update. As seen above, other players are also affected by this. Are you planning on fixing the issue?
  • maybe i misunderstood @VioletLyra .. but was showing what i find on my list, and it's ok cos i see more and less same range players...
    8j0f1xqxh7se.png

but how is it possible lvl 70 can find so lower level (like me ) that easily?
  • danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »
    @PontifexAeternus I empathize with you but I think it's a different situation than the one I've presented in this thread.

@Eej new season, same problem: matchmaking offers me harder options than it used to. And it all started once you introduced the top 100 update. As seen above, other players are also affected by this. Are you planning on fixing the issue?

Has your roster power gone up a lot? From what I understand, it's supposed to still work off of roster power until you hit a high trophy benchmark.
  • @danac i should be close to 500k trophies but my roster is around 215 k...is the pvp system now based on trophies??
  • danacdanac Member
    I was under the impression its mostly the same as it was before the update a few weeks ago, except for when you top 60 k trophies or so.
    At that point it's supposed to narrow matchmaking to harder teams.

However, I believe I'm getting easier matches than many, and my roster power is above 300 k but ranks in the low 800s.
  • PardonPardon Member
    The hard option now is generally very hard. The point is always the same in my opinion....there is no fun when a game is too much difficult.
    Top players says that it is ok, but this game should not be only for a very limited group of players that knows deeply every mechanism of pvp and don't mind to LOSE 3-4 hours every day only in pvp.
    The main point is that there is no fun and that it requires too much time.
  • i keep being attacked by lvls 70 also in legend III....i dont know why it happens just to some lvls and doesn't affect others.
    As it happened last season with the bug in which in just 1 day i received 110+ attacks from lvls 70(some players received even 200+) while some friends of me, same lvl as me, same tier(legend I) received only 10 or less attacks....same it's happening today.

And of course no words about it from devs....just to understand how is it really working pvp now, which cryteria influence it.

Hope to read soon even just a word sbout it, so i could try to elaborate a strategy to change it.

• kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited July 6
    I feel like this thread is a number of people saying "The hard option is hard, and I want it to be easy"

When I hit Legend III, my hard opponents frequently knocked me out.

With the reset, I'm back in Warlord III/II and I'm finding the hard opponents fairly easy. When I hit Legend III, I expect them to be difficult again, and moreso once I hit Legend II or if I try for Legend I.

Sounds like the system is working fine.

• VioletLyraVioletLyra Member
    edited July 6
    @kalamadea you missed the point.

Before the top 100 update, matchmaking was perfect for me. This doesn't mean my hard options were "easy". I wasn't one of those people who could maintain a 50 streak on H. It simply means the H option was reasonably hard the majority of the time. As it should be.

We were specifically told the top 100 update wouldn't have any negative effects on matchmaking. For some of us, it has. So we're not happy about it.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I feel like this thread is a number of people saying "The hard option is hard, and I want it to be easy"

I agree,this thread clearly shows that any future update to matchmaking won't resolve problems for many of them.
    Many players are not here to discuss how to make PvP better,but they just want to gain a personal advantage.
    Once you hit Legend III hard options must be always hard.
    "Legend" is the top pvp league lmao,why should it be easy?
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »
    @kalamadea you missed the point.

Before the top 100 update, matchmaking was perfect for me. This doesn't mean my hard options were "easy". I wasn't one of those people who could maintain a 50 streak on H. It simply means the H option was reasonably hard the majority of the time. As it should be.

We were specifically told the top 100 update wouldn't have any negative effects on matchmaking. For some of us, it has. So we're not happy about it.

I think I hit the point perfectly.

In your OP, you stated before the update, you had a 92% win rate in the hardest league. Now you have an 85%. So out of 100 matches, previously you'd only lose 8. Eight out of one hundred. That's not a challenge, that's a steamroll. Now, when you're in the hardest league, you only lose 15 out of 100. And you don't like it.

I understand that in your opinion, the changes had "negative effects on matchmaking".

But it sounds like it's still too easy to me.

• VioletLyraVioletLyra Member
    edited July 6
    @kalamadea I had a 92% win percent but I couldn't maintain a long streak (I'd say my average was around 10). I definitely had to refresh quite a few times to get there. Now, I basically have to refresh all the time (it's costing me a fortune in gold) and I'm lucky if I can maintain a 5 win streak.

The hard option was never meant to be unbeatable. It was supposed to be a realistic challenge. That's what it used to be for me, most of the time. Not anymore. If I want a realistic challenge, I need to refresh ad nauseam.

During the summit, I expressed concerns about the top 100 update and I was clearly told it wouldn't impact me (and other players like me) in any way. I created this thread as a reminder of that.
    Post edited by VioletLyra on
  • someone could explain me this?

I received like 44 attacks in 1 day just from lvl 70, (and 1 lvl 69)

Noone of my guild,noone of my friend, and noone either in top 100 received so many attacks.
    So it seems a bit strange (at least seems)to me.

vyll24lg2a6s.png
    in

Would like to discovery how is the 'random' system working?which criterium is adopted to show an opponent on fight list?

I repeat..is strange that players lvl 70 with a 4600 runes(in media...)finds me so frequently....

• echonapechonap Member
    If you are getting attacked 44 times and winning close to a third, you shouldn't complain. You are profiting.

Speaking as a legend 1, but not a top 100 player, I haven't noticed any difference in matchmaking. If not for this thread, I wouldn't have realized they made any changes.
    The Empire is recruiting.