Matchmaking issues

2»

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »
    @kalamadea I had a 92% win percent but I couldn't maintain a long streak (I'd say my average was around 10). I definitely had to refresh quite a few times to get there. Now, I basically have to refresh all the time (it's costing me a fortune in gold) and I'm lucky if I can maintain a 5 win streak.

The hard option was never meant to be unbeatable. It was supposed to be a realistic challenge. That's what it used to be for me, most of the time. Not anymore. If I want a realistic challenge, I need to refresh ad nauseam.

During the summit, I expressed concerns about the top 100 update and I was clearly told it wouldn't impact me (and other players like me) in any way. I created this thread as a reminder of that.

Clearly. But aside from whether your problem is due to roster power, it's not universal.
    Either that or I'm a much better PVPer than you, which I don't think is the case.
    But it seems to be a spotty issue, because I'm not seeing that.

It does have me curious tho. I think I'm gonna record my next twenty right side choices' hero power and rune power.
    [not gonna screen shot them, that'd be too much to post.]
    I'll post them here, so people can compare a sampling of what I get vs what they get.

I get this might vary a lot because of epics, but it's meant to be a comparative sampling, not a rigorous analysis of choice difficulty for me.
    That's twenty in a row I fight or refresh from.

At least it will give you an idea if you are indeed experiencing much more difficult choices.
  • @danac indeed. I'm realizing it's not a problem for everyone. I'm not sure why that is. My roster power did increase a bit but not in a significant manner. I'm certainly not a high end player but I do relatively well with PvP. So I don't think my skills are the issue. I don't know what's going on precisely. All I can do is observe that there has been a change and it hasn't been for the better.

Anyway. I've exposed my problem. I'll let the devs decide if they should look into it or not. I don't have much else to add. But feel free to share your findings if you do monitor your battles.
  • edited July 7
    echonap wrote: »
    If you are getting attacked 44 times and winning close to a third, you shouldn't complain. You are profiting.

Speaking as a legend 1, but not a top 100 player, I haven't noticed any difference in matchmaking. If not for this thread, I wouldn't have realized they made any changes.

You are missing the point.It is not about being 'attacked'...it is about how and why i am being attacked from lvls 70with 4.5k runes...
    i m a lvl 64.
    And no one of my friend,guild mates and players in top 100was attacked so many times(so it means i appear frequently on lvl70fight list)
    I am asking why?how is it possible?
    which criterium is adopted?
    and still not a clear answer from anyone.

Am i profiting losing trophies?Am i profiting losing honour?
    Man you have a really strange idea of what it means the word 'profiting'.
    @echonap

I' ll post another screen of my fight list, and you can see noreally lower lvl (58,as i m 64) is showed...once again.More and less around my lvl (64).

yaqmfrgdwlq6.png

While i keep appearing usually on lvl 70 fight list.Is it possible to know why?Thanks

Post edited by PontifexAeternus on
  • danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »
    @danac indeed. I'm realizing it's not a problem for everyone. I'm not sure why that is. My roster power did increase a bit but not in a significant manner. I'm certainly not a high end player but I do relatively well with PvP. So I don't think my skills are the issue. I don't know what's going on precisely. All I can do is observe that there has been a change and it hasn't been for the better.

Anyway. I've exposed my problem. I'll let the devs decide if they should look into it or not. I don't have much else to add. But feel free to share your findings if you do monitor your battles.

New thread. Again, to let you compare.
  • echonapechonap Member
    @PontifexAeternus If you are protecting your chest, you should not be losing honor and gold (theoretically)

I meant, you are profiting in trophies. Don't know the exact numbers, but aren't you gaining more than you are losing? I have no defensive battles in my battle log right now to confirm, but you definitely don't need an above .500 record on defense to profit. If you take the trophies per defensive win and compare it to trophies per defensive loss, it will give you the ratio of wins and losses needed to profit.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • edited July 7
    @PontifexAeternus If you are protecting your chest, you should not be losing honor and gold (theoretically)

I meant, you are profiting in trophies. Don't know the exact numbers, but aren't you gaining more than you are losing? I have no defensive battles in my battle log right now to confirm, but you definitely don't need an above .500 record on defense to profit. If you take the trophies per defensive win and compare it to trophies per defensive loss, it will give you the ratio of wins and losses needed to profit.

Depending on @echonap : i am now @ 21 win and 46 loss on received attacks (every victory is 40 trophies, and 30 every loss -usually-) and about honour yes i can protect, but i am not 24/h on and sometimes it is not protected.
    I only would love to know why those levels 70 can find me that easily.
    As long as i cannot find with the same frequency levels 58 in my fight list(still didn't found anyone all the times i checked).

da2e7pufuk6w.png

P.s. A level 66 attacked me and i lost..he deserved to win and it's normal that( it happens ,we are close levels)
    but 90%+ of my rivals attacking are lvls 70, this is why is a bit unfair match against them.

• echonapechonap Member
    +40 or -30? That's it. I thought the disparity was bigger. So you do have a right to complain. =/

I almost always see level 70s in all three options, but sometimes a 65ish will sneak in there. I'd guesstimate 1 out of 10? Levels don't scare me nor encourage me to raid someone. Team composition and rune power do. If a level 65 pops up with 5400 rune power and an RNG team, I'm waiting an hour.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    There is no way for BF to make everyone happy with match making. For every win, there is a defensive loss. Because of streaks, players want to win at least 90% of their battles. That is why the top 100 have so few defensive battles compared to offensive battles. This adds up to a lot of losses for lower level players. One suggestion is to make the trophies lost in a defensive battle 10% of the trophies won in a defensive win. This would limit the hardship of the better players preying on the weaker ones. Right now, I see so many defenses that are geared to winning using the RNG so as to keep players that have longer streaks from attempting an attack. If the player only has a 80% chance of winning, they will avoid the battle to keep from risking thier streak. As long as streaks are profitable, players will prey on the weak instead of enjoying a close battle with a comparable team.
  • Do we have also a bug issue with the chest protection?Seems i 'm here only to complain about the pvp system but that's what i found right now.

I activated the chest protection 13 minutes ago....and in my register i foind a loss fight 11 minutes ago(and i lost also the honour and money,so not protected)
    then 7 minutes ago i won a pvp
    and 7 minutes ago i loss another pvp , and again unprotected (loss honour and money again).

Seems something is wrong also with chest protection.
    I 'll add the screen.

p94wettplpyd.png

itugf9bp19nf.png

cea31tcv1ffd.png

rkreowf9tjsk.png

av7vzlwtnpnh.png

• Aura0fsmilesAura0fsmiles Member
    edited July 7
    I thank you for showing up on my list lol.
    Keeping those streaks are a pain with rng.

You are right I shouldn't have been able to attack you.
    Been on opposite end of the spectrum before so it does blow.
    Last week I was only able to fight 68-70 what happened with that?
    Options have gotten harder so yeah I'm gonna be a snail and attack the couple guys like you that show up.
    I honestly wish you weren't there at all.
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
  • danacdanac Member
    Do we have also a bug issue with the chest protection?Seems i 'm here only to complain about the pvp system but that's what i found right now.

I activated the chest protection 13 minutes ago....and in my register i foind a loss fight 11 minutes ago(and i lost also the honour and money,so not protected)
    then 7 minutes ago i won a pvp
    and 7 minutes ago i loss another pvp , and again unprotected (loss honour and money again).

Seems something is wrong also with chest protection.
    I 'll add the screen.

There is a bug.
    Specifically, there are several.
    First there are raids on your dungeon that show up on their servers and count towards your win loss record but don't necessarily show up on your Battle Log.

It used to be losses didn't alter your gold total, but this might have changed.
    Second, raid against your dungeon don't arrive on your chest record/battle log in a timely fashion.

For instance, I will log on for the first time of the day and that little ticker at the bottom of my dungeon will list, say, 5 raids.
    Then I'll do protect my chest and do one raid, and suddenly another ten matches appear, all on an unprotected chest. These are clearly another batch from overnight.

• bvs72bvs72 Member

When you lose twice as many trophies from a defensive loss as you gain from a defensive win, you need to be above .500 to profit.

zuydo8sd3seb.png

• I like and support the idea of tiering trophy losses to the level that beats you. So if/when a lvl 70 faces someone that has a lower lvl their opponent's trophy loss is less. However, I still believe if you want to compete in the Boss 100 you should have to face a similar mix of people at the top.
  • TopKnightTopKnight Member
    edited July 9
    vyr0wx3chwho.png
    I've settled for just obtaining legend 1 for now but I only get attacked by level 70s. Doesn't it feel good when your defense wins though. I am level 66.
  • TopKnightTopKnight Member
    To stay on topic, for offensive opponents it seems to be working as intended once I got back into legend league. It seems that Warlord had more difficult opponents.
  • TopKnight wrote: »
    vyr0wx3chwho.png
    I've settled for just obtaining legend 1 for now but I only get attacked by level 70s. Doesn't it feel good when your defense wins though. I am level 66.

I am level 64 , my defense can be very bad and my attack not so good as your, for sure

but the times some players appears on fight list compared to others is quiet different
    No offenses but you were attacked 54 times, i see a lot of players being attacked more and more times.(i repeat you can be strong as much as you want, but the number of incoming attacks shows also that the "frequency" of appearing in opponent's fight list is a bit different.

ojol6t2fbx9a.png

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I'm sure we all get offered up as targets roughly the same number of times.

That lower level opponents are being hit more often really isn't a surprise. You're being targeted by level 70s who are being lazy and raiding left all the way down to ambitious level 61 and 62s that are raiding right.

If you have an easy to defeat / approachable defense, you are likely to be targeted even more because people are more likely to attack defenses that they believe they can beat. Everyone wants to extend our streak.

So improve your defense and level up. Because, again, people are more likely to raid a sure win which means that people are more likely to raid down than raid up.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I'm sure we all get offered up as targets roughly the same number of times.

That lower level opponents are being hit more often really isn't a surprise. You're being targeted by level 70s who are being lazy and raiding left all the way down to ambitious level 61 and 62s that are raiding right.

If you have an easy to defeat / approachable defense, you are likely to be targeted even more because people are more likely to attack defenses that they believe they can beat. Everyone wants to extend our streak.

So improve your defense and level up. Because, again, people are more likely to raid a sure win which means that people are more likely to raid down than raid up.

I have some friends that are level 64 in Leggend II as me and their defense is worse , similar and better than mine and they aren't attacked all the time by levels 70 as much as i am.
    I am now over 51 wins and 170 loss fights.So it doesn't mean my defense is that easy if 1/4 of level 70 is losing.
    The main problem is why i am appearing that much in their pvp list....and believe me we are not all appearing the same time.

I also posted a screen shot in which i fought during the last 6 pvps , 3 TIMES against the same opponent lvl 64 (no refreshes and always on H side).
    And i don't see all the times levels 58 or 59 on my E side.I even find lvl 66 and 67 on E side.

So there is something broken.
  • edited July 10
    just showing u who i find on my fight list (i m 64)

a7s0lz8jsnm4.jpg

qi01kzt130s0.png

oa5q54gu2ljz.png

Post edited by PontifexAeternus on
  • echonapechonap Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    When you lose twice as many trophies from a defensive loss as you gain from a defensive win, you need to be above .500 to profit.

What league are you in? Yeesh! Maybe DB just doesn't like you lol

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    @echonap - I am in Legend I. I can't imagine why DB wouldn't like me. I give DB money for virtual computer bits.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @echonap - I am in Legend I. I can't imagine why DB wouldn't like me.

Didn't they put you in jail, then ban you?
    I think that might be an indicator of like/dislike.
  • @FatCat69 wanted just to show you the situation i see in leggend I....

i 'm lvl 64 and i see this.

278ynyscegh7.png

So basically i see almost all the times similar levels(2-3 levels higher or lower) in all tiers from Warlord I till Leggend I.

Then would love to know how i can appear 250 times (at least) on lvls 70's fight list...

• Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    @FatCat69 wanted just to show you the situation i see in leggend I....

i 'm lvl 64 and i see this.

278ynyscegh7.png

So basically i see almost all the times similar levels(2-3 levels higher or lower) in all tiers from Warlord I till Leggend I.

Then would love to know how i can appear 250 times (at least) on lvls 70's fight list...

I almost always see lvl 70s,but sometimes a lvl 65-69 player turns up.
    So if that player is found by several lvl 70s at same time it's clear what will happen to his defense team
  • Alecat97 wrote: »
    7vr37xfk35sw.png

LOL

(I refreshed)

I am speechless... :disappointed:
    Not even on E side....but how could the game set me , a lvl 64, on Hard side ? This is why i was saying that's something wrong(or broken) with the "random" system. @Eej
    P.s. thanks for posting this @Alecat97

• ciwxmjfzptbt.png

This is what i see... and again no "easy" targets(lvls 58-59 and so on)...for me ;)
  • Well, it appears level does not have everything to do with matching. You can muster a team with 26k hero power, and you have been matched with another team that places a team with 15,686 power. I would put that in the "easy" category, regardless of level.

I am level 44 and I get raided by teams of 14.5k hero power, the highest team power rating I can field is 11.5k. you should be able to crush the 15.6K

I am not suggesting matchmaking is perfect, but they are trying to even out the team powers to create more fair matches or maybe more even matches?

is it frustrating when you play smart or work hard or spend money and it does not help you win more? Yup. That is the game right now.
    litespeed
  • Well, it appears level does not have everything to do with matching. You can muster a team with 26k hero power, and you have been matched with another team that places a team with 15,686 power. I would put that in the "easy" category, regardless of level.

I am level 44 and I get raided by teams of 14.5k hero power, the highest team power rating I can field is 11.5k. you should be able to crush the 15.6K

I am not suggesting matchmaking is perfect, but they are trying to even out the team powers to create more fair matches or maybe more even matches?

is it frustrating when you play smart or work hard or spend money and it does not help you win more? Yup. That is the game right now.

it depends...there are some defenses with Epics maxed that could have lots of power strenght(20-25k or more), but they are easier to defeat than defenses with no epics (or almost) around 17-20k.
    A defense with Brom, Nub, Rogar and Stone fist epic maxed could have lots of power, but i doubt could defend something....
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited July 18
2»