Should Rune Passives Appear On Heroes?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited July 1 in Off-Topic Discussion
So I know when they added the ability to check enemy runes without seeing their exact stats, it was to allow players to somewhat prepare while not having a huge advantage in knowing exactly what stats each enemy hero has. However, I believe this is a bit unfair when it comes to special effects on Runes, whether they're simply Damage Vs Caster, or something extreme like Chance of Haste (totally unfair Rune effect btw). Should Rune bonuses appear as Passives when tapping and holding enemy heroes (or your own, for that matter) during battle? That way you still won't be able to see what effects they have when preparing your team, but at least you won't be totally caught off guard once the battle starts. What are your thoughts?

Should Rune Passives Appear On Heroes? 8 votes

Yes, Rune effects should appear when tapping and holding heroes.
12%
JackHallow666 1 vote
No, it should remain ambiguous to keep things fair.
50%
gmunfarfellaBarleymansing_fist 4 votes
They should be visible even while preparing your raid party.
37%
AllasamalliamoqlsThundR 3 votes
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 1
    Here's an example of what it could look like:

u919nxqhqpis.png

lhioffg89f21.png

Same symbol and name for every single one, to make things easy. Only differences would be the color would change with the element of the rune, and the description would change to represent whatever effect the Rune has.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    With such specific information, one could accurately calculate the exact outcome of a match before it even starts. I couldn't and wouldn't, but what some people will do for a W these days...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    farfella wrote: »
    With such specific information, one could accurately calculate the exact outcome of a match before it even starts. I couldn't and wouldn't, but what some people will do for a W these days...

But I specifically said you wouldn't be able to see them when team-building. Therefore you'd have to at least start the match to see them. Imagine you bring a full team of Melee heroes and every enemy suddenly has Skin effects from their Runes. What are you gonna do? You can't really do much to stop the effects from being there, and they are there, so why not just show them like any other passive? It's especially unfair when a hero suddenly dodges everything and gets a second action because a random rune gives them Haste. Something that's even more ridiculous than any regular passive shouldn't be hidden as well, especially once you can't really do anything about it anyways. That's my 2 cents, anyways.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    Oh lol.You know me. I don't read stuff. The second option is okay too I guess, but not the third. Nosirree.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!