Suggestions For The Game

1. Insect, bird, bear, Cerberus, djinn, elephant heroes!

2. Trading system for all forms of object currency: tokens gems honor and all the basic building blocks of epics, potions, health, energy, runes, revive potions,  and heavier items like skins and epic weapons. The caveat is that say you traded your special skin as an example, it's no longer yours.

3. And this one I've been suggesting for a while. You guys always mention that you want the game to be fair, but how is it fair when rich kids can just spend a isht ton of money on VIP status and get a ton of gems, coins and pretty much everything else to OP their chars. On the other hand you have kids who have to grind for moths to Op their chars. Now granted that strategy in this game plays a huge role and in some cases can actually help you defeat an OP$$$ char it's still a hard thing to do on average. I know devs need to make money but I'd rather pay a subscription and have an even playing field than get destroyed by an 70 level char with all maxed out Greater runes.. I mean I would bet money that most often than not that op char is a $$$ player. I mentioned the same thing about Shade before and I'm pretty psyched about the fact that he is accessible now to grinders at the least.

This game is epic in general you guys have done an amazing job!
Tagged:

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    WrathDance wrote: »
    1. Insect, bird, bear, Cerberus, djinn, elephant heroes!

I'd prefer Cerebus.
  • ThundRThundR Member
    :Cerebus Kill it with FIRE!
    One is never complete...
  • ThundR wrote: »
    :Cerebus Kill it with FIRE!

Mushrooms.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    So... people who pay should have no advantage over people who don't? You do realize they've got to make money somehow, right?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • So... people who pay should have no advantage over people who don't? You do realize they've got to make money somehow, right?

I think he's suggesting that everyone pays a monthly subscription to play, but that's it. DB get their money, but you can't gain an advantage by spending more.

Unfortunately or otherwise, you can't change the funding model at this stage, or you'll annoy all the players who have ever paid into it and expect the benefits to continue.

I'm not sure if you want players to be able to trade things back into the game for different things, or with other players. Certainly there are things I seem to have too much of that I could trade for something more useful, but really all you have to do is trade stamina for stuff. They conveniently keep giving you more stamina for free, unless your stamina reserve is full.
    I would've preferred if you just subscribed or had to buy the game outright as well. Shame.

The crappiest part is that the only way to change it to such a model would be to make Dungeon Boss 2 (theoretically), but of course then ANYONE who sunk money into DB 1 would feel bad as everyone slowly moves over.
  • So... people who pay should have no advantage over people who don't? You do realize they've got to make money somehow, right?

People that pay should have better stylistic options... like say for example the ability to change the color of their chars to whatever else. This will give them more artistic freedom to customize their chars. Like I said early, if a game allows stat advantages of any kind to paying players, then they might as well just pay max amount of money and max their chars and just kill most of the opposition. Sure.. but then what;s the point of playing the game? Just go outside and kill some roaches.
  • I would've preferred if you just subscribed or had to buy the game outright as well. Shame.

The crappiest part is that the only way to change it to such a model would be to make Dungeon Boss 2 (theoretically), but of course then ANYONE who sunk money into DB 1 would feel bad as everyone slowly moves over.

If they find a way to port chars from DB1 to DB2, that may be a solution?
    So... people who pay should have no advantage over people who don't? You do realize they've got to make money somehow, right?

People that pay should have better stylistic options... like say for example the ability to change the color of their chars to whatever else. This will give them more artistic freedom to customize their chars. Like I said early, if a game allows stat advantages of any kind to paying players, then they might as well just pay max amount of money and max their chars and just kill most of the opposition. Sure.. but then what;s the point of playing the game? Just go outside and kill some roaches.

But then people aren't going to pay for that. There's simply not enough people who will pay for simply cosmetic changes. People pay because they want a statistical advantage. All it's really doing is forcing F2P players to work harder and think more about their team compositions and runes. I don't think it's entirely impossible for a F2P to end up as Rank 1 in PvP, they just have to store up gems and have a good team ready. Will it take a lot longer? Sure. But like I said, that's why people pay. To speed things up. It's just like Clash of Clans in that sense.

And before you go, "But League of Legends makes millions selling cosmetic changes!", they have a HUGE fanbase. And are way, WAY more experienced at both game design and skin design than Boss Fight (no offense, I love both!) This game is simply not popular enough to withstand a shift from paying for a statistical advantage to paying only for cosmetics. It will lose most of it's paying customers if it does, and collapse.

Not to mention it's an iPhone game, I'm not sure what you honestly expected. Pretty much every iPhone game does this. It's just a good business tactic. I've probably spent more than $200 on this game in the 3 years I've played, while most games just ask for $45~ish and give you everything. Sure, DLC comes out later, but it's all just 1-time purchases. Here you can buy bundles over and over again, whenever you need them.
  • But then people aren't going to pay for that. There's simply not enough people who will pay for simply cosmetic changes.

Unfortunately there are no limits on how much of a certain thing a player can buy, so in that regards they can max out all stats then shift things around effortlessly. My point is the paid players don't get a slight advantage... they get total dominance, and also access to full new characters (Shade as an example when he first came out). In that regard a grinder could work for months from 0 to say level 50 only to get slaughtered in every PVP of any player who spent even a few days and some cash maxing out their levels, runes, energies, gems, coins... This imbalances makes the grinder look like a fool and lessens the interest in the game. As an example, I'm a level 67 grinder, my entire build including my elite fighters with near or maxed our runes took me forever to build. And yes one could say the pro of grinding is you learn tactics and strategy and realize that you can Arya Stark those money-built players, this doesn't always work makes the whole idea of putting effort into building chars worthless, since the kid next to you with bank can just buy an 'atomic bomb' worth of materials to create a killer in 10 mins.
  • Devil's advocate here, but isn't that the whole point of these types of apps/games. Free to play for the casual user but if you wanna go pro and dominate everyone then whip out a credit card. We all know this is how they are designed before you even download and start playing the game.

So why the pissing and moaning about demanding equality and fairness. That doesn't exist here. Either grind away if you are that dedicated or pay $$$ (which is why these games are made in the first place). Or go play something else...
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • WrathDanceWrathDance Member
    edited August 9
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Devil's advocate here, but isn't that the whole point of these types of apps/games. Free to play for the casual user but if you wanna go pro and dominate everyone then whip out a credit card. We all know this is how they are designed before you even download and start playing the game.

So why the pissing and moaning about demanding equality and fairness. That doesn't exist here. Either grind away if you are that dedicated or pay $$$ (which is why these games are made in the first place). Or go play something else...

If what you say is true, then these are not games but clever cash scams. And regarding casual vs. not... I think the not casual player is the one that grinds like crazy.. dailies, events, pvp, towers, campaigns... If you want to call a credit card advantage dominating, why not just create a hero that looks like a credit card, give that hero max all and max runes by default, make that hero be only available via VIP calls and have it have basic attack that does 349832847 damage, and be done with it?
    If you're trying to casually play a F2P android/iOS game, you shouldn't expect to win, either.

Just like in real life, the more money you have, the more powerful you are. People wouldn't spend more if it didn't give them an edge. Hell, even skins give heroes buffs during certain events.
  • If you're trying to casually play a F2P android/iOS game, you shouldn't expect to win, either.

Just like in real life, the more money you have, the more powerful you are. People wouldn't spend more if it didn't give them an edge. Hell, even skins give heroes buffs during certain events.

Regarding money, true, but, and this is my opinion alone, I thought the whole relationship of this game was that you work your **** off to make your build epic than your best combo of that build is faced off another build, and you win by a combination of tactics and power. Fighting and OP $$$ char is like fighting the Lich when you're only level 30.. you can shuffle your team all you like but, he has so much raw power and defense that there's no point.. so you go back to grinding until you reach level say 40 and try again... Point is, and in my opinion, making games fare makes them more fun, and the reward more, well rewarding. Same goes for skins... for most events you work your **** off doing missions to get enough resources or DB currency to get that skin... and then sometimes it gives you an advantage. While a $$$ can just buy the skin and not do a **** thing. And your comparison of the DB skin is not the same as my comparison of the POE skin, because in POE, skins are just that, styling nothing more, ever.
  • WrathDance wrote: »
    If what you say is true, then these are not games but clever cash scams.

D'uh!
    If you want to call a credit card advantage dominating, why not just create a hero that looks like a credit card, give that hero max all and max runes by default, make that hero be only available via VIP calls and have it have basic attack that does 349832847 damage, and be done with it?

Because that would scare off the casual players. And the game designers don't want that because they hope one day those casual players will like/get addicted to the game so much that they will become $$$ paying players. Hence why the game is created.
    Fighting and OP $$$ char is like fighting the Lich when you're only level 30.. you can shuffle your team all you like but, he has so much raw power and defense that there's no point..
    This is the point where the devs hope casual players will pay $$$ to get a boost.
    If you're trying to casually play a F2P android/iOS game, you shouldn't expect to win, either.

Regarding money, true, but, and this is my opinion alone, I thought the whole relationship of this game was that you work your **** off to make your build epic than your best combo of that build is faced off another build, and you win by a combination of tactics and power. Fighting and OP $$$ char is like fighting the Lich when you're only level 30.. you can shuffle your team all you like but, he has so much raw power and defense that there's no point.. so you go back to grinding until you reach level say 40 and try again... Point is, and in my opinion, making games fare makes them more fun, and the reward more, well rewarding. Same goes for skins... for most events you work your **** off doing missions to get enough resources or DB currency to get that skin... and then sometimes it gives you an advantage. While a $$$ can just buy the skin and not do a **** thing. And your comparison of the DB skin is not the same as my comparison of the POE skin, because in POE, skins are just that, styling nothing more, ever.

Well to some extent that's true. If you work hard enough, you'll be as good as someone who pays. But what if there's a person who pays AND works hard too? Those kinds of people are the people who win top 50 in the guild games.
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Devil's advocate here, but isn't that the whole point of these types of apps/games. Free to play for the casual user but if you wanna go pro and dominate everyone then whip out a credit card. We all know this is how they are designed before you even download and start playing the game.

If what you say is true, then these are not games but clever cash scams. And regarding casual vs. not... I think the not casual player is the one that grinds like crazy.. dailies, events, pvp, towers, campaigns... If you want to call a credit card advantage dominating, why not just create a hero that looks like a credit card, give that hero max all and max runes by default, make that hero be only available via VIP calls and have it have basic attack that does 349832847 damage, and be done with it?

I take it you have very little experience of these types of games. There's a reason they're called Free to Play, Pay to Win.

You can enjoy the entire PvE experience at your own pace. Play one dungeon a day if that's all you want. It's your game.

PvP is a different matter. To win consistently you need to get good PvP heros, ascend the heroes, raise their levels,, acquire or build good runes, and all this can be done quickly with money, or slowly by playing daily for a year or so.
  • I dont pay to play this game. I pay for internet. I pay for food. The thing is when you have money you can spend it on whatever you want. So im thankful that people pay to get ahead on this game, because I want the game to be successful and continue to operate so that I can continue to play it for free. Whats important is that this game has limits. And those limits are not impossible for f2p players just extremely time consuming. So it is only unhealthy p2w environment when the f2p dont have access to what p2w do, like for example how shade was when I started playing, jus a few months ago. so shade was p2w only huh...Thts not so team pontifex tokens come into the store from time to time for 900gems and inside they held 10shade tokens along with many other tokens and the buy limit on those team ponti packs was 10. so in my reality shade was 9k gems for a f2p. When I win it feels good, I bought it with my time playing a game. But when people cry about how unfair p2p vs f2p is they dont become better players, fight the uphill battle is how you get better, struggle is where greatness comes from, if you choose to pay to play a game like this Thank You. P2P/F2P Whatever works for you but dont complain, Work for your win with every ounce of gamer in you. Came in with nothing leave with everything. Love games, Love learning. Practice doesn't make perfect, solving problems does. Remember in real life some people don't get video games is that fair...idk cause they dont get computers either

edited August 10
    Ok I guess the consensus is that you should have known what I was getting into from the start... Ok, I'll admit I did not fully realize to which extent the advantages given to p2w players extended. I feel like if I did, than I would have maybe avoided this game instead of complaining about the fact that what took me months to achieve as a grinder could take a p2w player a few hours if that. But I stand by my notion that in a game where, I would say, more than 50% of the play is PvP, giving an insane advantage to paying players makes the game unfair and less fun. I for one would rather pay a monthly subscription and have everyone have the same access to everything, aka balanced growth. This way the devs could get paid, and the grinders would be treated fairly. Eh just my take on it.
    Ok I guess the consensus is that you should have known what I was getting into from the start... Ok, I'll admit I did not fully realize to which extent the advantages given to p2w players extended. I feel like if I did, than I would have maybe avoided this game instead of complaining about the fact that what took me months to achieve as a grinder could take a p2w player a few hours if that. But I stand by my notion that in a game where, I would say, more than 50% of the play is PvP, giving an insane advantage to paying players makes the game unfair and less fun. I for one would rather pay a monthly subscription and have everyone have the same access to everything, aka balanced growth. This way the devs could get paid, and the grinders would be treated fairly. Eh just my take on it.

You'll come to realize that DB is actually VERY generous to the casual/free to play players. Compare this game to others like "Game of War" or "Mobile Strike", you'll see that you actually have a chance with DB.

I'm not a 100% free to pay player as I'm VIP 4, but I've spent maybe $80 over the course of 2 years, which I feel still puts me as a casual-ish player.

Having said that, I have a pretty decent roster and runes. I just made sure to put in the time during those 2 years. And when I say "time", I'm not talking hours a day. Many times, I just get the dailies done and do a little PvP and I'm good.
  • This game has not made me feel at a disadvantage for not paying, I have friend that started playing 2months after me and pays money weekly into the game and yes he caught up to me and excels at a faster rate. But while he is at his factory job making real money, im playing dungeon boss he can buy the runes and the heroes and the gems and whatever else, but he cant buy knowledge he cant buy pvp practice once u get used to paying ur way out of things, it becomes what u do all you kno, where as there are times where he regrets buying things, and times where I find out about deals he getting where im like dam take me forever get that. But in reality get to lvl 70build your heroes up put superior runes on them and then what advantage do they have. to join a game that is f2p with p2w options and suggest they change to a subscription game...makes no sense. Focus on ur roster make your roster better as fast and best u can, what other people r doing has nothing to do with you making your account better. anyone can find reasons to b miserable and talk themselves out of grinding, and those people don't finish ahead of anything
  • You can definitely excel in this game without paying, but it is much harder. Otherwise, what is the incentive for people to pull out their wallets. DB is a game, but it is also the livelihood for Bigfish and its employees.

Here's a tip: life is not fair. Get used to it.
    The Empire is recruiting.
    edited August 14
    This game has not made me feel at a disadvantage for not paying, I have friend that started playing 2months after me and pays money weekly into the game and yes he caught up to me and excels at a faster rate. But while he is at his factory job making real money, im playing dungeon boss he can buy the runes and the heroes and the gems and whatever else, but he cant buy knowledge he cant buy pvp practice once u get used to paying ur way out of things, it becomes what u do all you kno, where as there are times where he regrets buying things, and times where I find out about deals he getting where im like dam take me forever get that. But in reality get to lvl 70build your heroes up put superior runes on them and then what advantage do they have. to join a game that is f2p with p2w options and suggest they change to a subscription game...makes no sense. Focus on ur roster make your roster better as fast and best u can, what other people r doing has nothing to do with you making your account better. anyone can find reasons to b miserable and talk themselves out of grinding, and those people don't finish ahead of anything

I've been a focused grinder for quite a while, currently at level 68 and while I have only about 30 percent of my team at OP level, I have learned enough about tactics to use that team of vipers and destroyer class characters to take down builds vastly stronger than mine. My point is, I don't find it fair that I have to struggle against stronger builds that took days to build vs. mine that took months. I can't stop playing this game because the high of taking down what is surely loaded f2p is pretty amazing. I guess my main gripe is with pvp dugeons where op f2p player can mow down pretty much anything with sheer force, and since i pvp ai takes control of your team and uses optimal strategy vs. educated risk/reward strategy you get slaughtered.. do enjoy the revenge feature though.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I'm glad this thread is titled "Suggestions for the game" which guarantees nobody from BF will read it. Everyone knows that they don't like money.
    This game has not made me feel at a disadvantage for not paying, I have friend that started playing 2months after me and pays money weekly into the game and yes he caught up to me and excels at a faster rate. But while he is at his factory job making real money, im playing dungeon boss he can buy the runes and the heroes and the gems and whatever else, but he cant buy knowledge he cant buy pvp practice once u get used to paying ur way out of things, it becomes what u do all you kno, where as there are times where he regrets buying things, and times where I find out about deals he getting where im like dam take me forever get that. But in reality get to lvl 70build your heroes up put superior runes on them and then what advantage do they have. to join a game that is f2p with p2w options and suggest they change to a subscription game...makes no sense. Focus on ur roster make your roster better as fast and best u can, what other people r doing has nothing to do with you making your account better. anyone can find reasons to b miserable and talk themselves out of grinding, and those people don't finish ahead of anything

I've been a focused grinder for quite a while, currently at level 68 and while I have only about 30 percent of my team at OP level, I have learned enough about tactics to use that team of vipers and destroyer class characters to take down builds vastly stronger than mine. My point is, I don't find it fair that I have to struggle against stronger builds that took days to build vs. mine that took months. I can't stop playing this game because the high of taking down what is surely loaded f2p is pretty amazing. I guess my main gripe is with pvp dugeons where op f2p player can mow down pretty much anything with sheer force, and since i pvp ai takes control of your team and uses optimal strategy vs. educated risk/reward strategy you get slaughtered.. do enjoy the revenge feature though.

Is it really possible to reach level 70 in a few days? It took me about 250 days if I recall aright.

Still haven't got a problem with pay to win, I'd rather have that than a monthly subscription because I won't load myself down with fixed monthly costs I don't need.

• ThundRThundR Member
    I have been playing for about 5 or 4 months and I am almost Lvl 65 and I am f2p player
    One is never complete...
  • ThundR wrote: »
    I have been playing for about 5 or 4 months and I am almost Lvl 65 and I am f2p player

how long did it take for you to get a decent set of greater runes

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • ThundRThundR Member
    About 2 or 3 weeks why?
    One is never complete...
  • edited August 16
    ThundR wrote: »
    About 2 or 3 weeks why?

because im worried that once I get to lv 60, I won't be able to keep up with being better than 90% of everyone else

which is why I slow level, so my heroes will be runed to the teeth with legendary improved runes before starting vs people who still use 3 star rares, and in terms on ascension and star level, Im better than most lv 50s(ive got a 4 star daeris at lv 44, try and beat that)

Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided