Greater Champion/Duelist runes before 60?

Quick forum question. I'm noticing in PvP multiple level 40-45 accounts with Greater Champion/Duelist (aka PvP runes). I'm Level 42 and was in Legend I last season. I only received an Improved Champion rune.

I understand that you can get Greater runes in Challenge mode, but they're the standard Battle/bulkwark/destruction/precision, etc. As far as I know the season rewards are based on your level, so how the heck are people a level or two below me getting PvP runes that are a class better than what should be available?

Comments

  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited July 4
    Those folks received them when the devs introduced easy/medium/hard in PVP. After about 4 weeks, lower level folks in Legend 1 could no longer receive greater Champion/Duelist runes. On the 5th season of EMH, the devs changed it so that you had to be a certain level in Legend 1 to receive the greater champion/duelist runes. They are lower level than you because they slowly level.
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Rocksor wrote: »
    Those folks received them more than a month ago when the devs introduced easy/medium/hard in PVP. After about 4 weeks, lower level folks in Legend 1 could no longer receive greater Champion/Duelist runes. They are lower level than you because they slowly level.

    I get slow leveling. I'm pretty slow myself, given that I started about 110 days ago (per the daily rewards) and I can't refuse chests. It took me until about a month ago to get to Legend, maybe that's why. Didn't realize those greater runes were available back then. Crap. I'm at a sizeable disadvantage in my level range now.l vs those teams; can't farm greater runes myself without gaining 2-3 levels.

    Darn.
  • li30li30 Member
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    I get slow leveling. I'm pretty slow myself, given that I started about 110 days ago (per the daily rewards) and I can't refuse chests. It took me until about a month ago to get to Legend, maybe that's why. Didn't realize those greater runes were available back then. Crap. I'm at a sizeable disadvantage in my level range now.l vs those teams; can't farm greater runes myself without gaining 2-3 levels.

    As far as I know, since new pvp system was introduced, many slow lvlers stop slow lvling, those slow lvlers remain low lvl all incredibly op, soon u gonna find out teams with all greater runes around 40s. Except for pvp champ runes, most greater runes were gained from last winter fest event, and greater runes mats are acquired from boss mode, not CM. There are improved runes available only in CM. Anyway welcome to the new world.

    And ur slow lvl pace is still bit fast, I was former slow lvler, have played more than 500 days, stopped slow lvling at lvl 50, yet haven't lvl 55, u might wanna adjust ur playing strategies.
  • is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.


    yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?

    Yes, yes it is.
  • OniShiShiOniShiShi Member
    You need to aware those ppl that have greater rune from previous event and you will noticed when you always pvp
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    OniShiShi wrote: »
    You need to aware those ppl that have greater rune from previous event and you will noticed when you always pvp

    Apologies, but could you say that another way? I don't understand you.
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?

    Depending on your level, yes. My MK has 5 improved 5* legendary runes; he's just under 2800 power at level 43. In my range, the top end guys have 3300+ power Grogs/Koros/Bovus; MKs are between 1800-2800. 1800-2100 I consider weak, 2200-2500 it depends on their runes. I avoid MKs 2600+ unless they have 2 defensive runes (I have a very good bulkwark on my MK for his blue slot, because it's so darn hard to craft good offensive blue runes).

    I don't quite know how power is calculated; both my MK and my Koros are FA, and my MK has better runes (Koros has 2 I think that aren't legendary improved). However, Koros' power is about 500 above MK's; he has more life and a better attack rating (nearly 4000 vs. about 2500 for MK).
  • Those runes are from Jackpot summon, dude :3
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Donatohoru wrote: »
    Those runes are from Jackpot summon, dude :3

    Seriously? I've gotten some jack pots, but never a Greater rune. Crap. Time to save up my gems!
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    I can see people who took advantage of the 2016 Winter fest, but from jackpots? How much many money does someone spend to get more than 20 legendary greater runes (prior to level 60) from jackpots.
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Rocksor wrote: »
    I can see people who took advantage of the 2016 Winter fest, but from jackpots? How much many money does someone spend to get more than 20 legendary greater runes (prior to level 60) from jackpots.

    More than what I'm willing to spend. I did get 5M gold from a Jackpot, so I can't complain, but I also just spent a free summon because hey, why not, ha.

    I'm still in the phase where I'm working towards my 5 and 6 star heroes for my main 8ish or so "Main roster" guys (MK, Kai, Koros, Nub, Valkin, Shade, SB (Until Shade is FA), Zen, Bauble, Furnace).
  • li30li30 Member
    Rocksor wrote: »
    I can see people who took advantage of the 2016 Winter fest, but from jackpots? How much many money does someone spend to get more than 20 legendary greater runes (prior to level 60) from jackpots.

    No, haven't seen any pre60s got greaters from jackpots, all improved, guess like pvp champ rune, different lvl gets different class runes.
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    li30 wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »
    I can see people who took advantage of the 2016 Winter fest, but from jackpots? How much many money does someone spend to get more than 20 legendary greater runes (prior to level 60) from jackpots.

    No, haven't seen any pre60s got greaters from jackpots, all improved, guess like pvp champ rune, different lvl gets different class runes.

    That was my issue - PvP runes a level higher than any of us should have access to. Sounds like it happened about 2-3 months before I started playing. Sucks, no way to compete with them until I'm level 60 and can make my own greater runes.
  • li30li30 Member
    edited July 7
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    That was my issue - PvP runes a level higher than any of us should have access to. Sounds like it happened about 2-3 months before I started playing. Sucks, no way to compete with them until I'm level 60 and can make my own greater runes.

    Ya can't help it, but u can expect Christmas event to see if the winter fest coming again, all pre60s got greater mats from that event last year. And here is my advice, if u see a mk with 4 greater atk runes ( power/preci), don't bother to challenge, even diseased he still 1shot all chars except for dr toons, try dr team with heavy aoe hitters if u really wanna fight him.
  • Easy solution...just level up. There are now sizable disadvantages to slow leveling, and absolutely no benefit to doing so anymore. If you've been slow leveling, you'll forever be less powerful than you would be if you just played normally. The longer you slow level, the greater that gap gets...cut your losses and level!
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?

    Depending on your level, yes. My MK has 5 improved 5* legendary runes; he's just under 2800 power at level 43. In my range, the top end guys have 3300+ power Grogs/Koros/Bovus; MKs are between 1800-2800. 1800-2100 I consider weak, 2200-2500 it depends on their runes. I avoid MKs 2600+ unless they have 2 defensive runes (I have a very good bulkwark on my MK for his blue slot, because it's so darn hard to craft good offensive blue runes).

    I don't quite know how power is calculated; both my MK and my Koros are FA, and my MK has better runes (Koros has 2 I think that aren't legendary improved). However, Koros' power is about 500 above MK's; he has more life and a better attack rating (nearly 4000 vs. about 2500 for MK).

    you got your mk to 2500 with just 2 improved runes? what is his base damage?

    my shadowblade is 3 star fully ascended with 4 improved power runes, 2 of which is legendary with atk as 1st secondary, rest are 5 star heroic. and his attack is 2700
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.


    yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?

    Depending on your level, yes. My MK has 5 improved 5* legendary runes; he's just under 2800 power at level 43. In my range, the top end guys have 3300+ power Grogs/Koros/Bovus; MKs are between 1800-2800. 1800-2100 I consider weak, 2200-2500 it depends on their runes. I avoid MKs 2600+ unless they have 2 defensive runes (I have a very good bulkwark on my MK for his blue slot, because it's so darn hard to craft good offensive blue runes).

    I don't quite know how power is calculated; both my MK and my Koros are FA, and my MK has better runes (Koros has 2 I think that aren't legendary improved). However, Koros' power is about 500 above MK's; he has more life and a better attack rating (nearly 4000 vs. about 2500 for MK).

    you got your mk to 2500 with just 2 improved runes? what is his base damage?

    my shadowblade is 3 star fully ascended with 4 improved power runes, 2 of which is legendary with atk as 1st secondary, rest are 5 star heroic. and his attack is 2700

    Naw, my MK is nearly 2800 with 5 5* Improved Legendaries (total rune power 625, 125 rune power/rune). Attack:2552, Defense 1699, Health: 3424, Crit Chance: 42%, Dodge: 25%.

    Each of my Legendary Yellow Precision runes give me over 10% crit chances at the expense of an extra attack stat. My Green Legendary Champion has +539 attack, but also +180 Defense and a 8% reduced damage from Caster (suck it Kai/Shade).

    I did stick a legendary Bulkward Rune in the Blue slot: +520 defense, +389 Health and . . . .+10% damage in PvP. That last stat made it worth it to me.
  • li30li30 Member
    @xandrew29 I hit lvl 55 today, found out there are greater rune mats available in the honor shop, if u wanna greater runes, lvl up.
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?

    Depending on your level, yes. My MK has 5 improved 5* legendary runes; he's just under 2800 power at level 43. In my range, the top end guys have 3300+ power Grogs/Koros/Bovus; MKs are between 1800-2800. 1800-2100 I consider weak, 2200-2500 it depends on their runes. I avoid MKs 2600+ unless they have 2 defensive runes (I have a very good bulkwark on my MK for his blue slot, because it's so darn hard to craft good offensive blue runes).

    I don't quite know how power is calculated; both my MK and my Koros are FA, and my MK has better runes (Koros has 2 I think that aren't legendary improved). However, Koros' power is about 500 above MK's; he has more life and a better attack rating (nearly 4000 vs. about 2500 for MK).

    you got your mk to 2500 with just 2 improved runes? what is his base damage?

    my shadowblade is 3 star fully ascended with 4 improved power runes, 2 of which is legendary with atk as 1st secondary, rest are 5 star heroic. and his attack is 2700

    Naw, my MK is nearly 2800 with 5 5* Improved Legendaries (total rune power 625, 125 rune power/rune). Attack:2552, Defense 1699, Health: 3424, Crit Chance: 42%, Dodge: 25%.

    Each of my Legendary Yellow Precision runes give me over 10% crit chances at the expense of an extra attack stat. My Green Legendary Champion has +539 attack, but also +180 Defense and a 8% reduced damage from Caster (suck it Kai/Shade).

    I did stick a legendary Bulkward Rune in the Blue slot: +520 defense, +389 Health and . . . .+10% damage in PvP. That last stat made it worth it to me.

    looks like my runes need upgrading... in fact I probably have better runes than you, but they're only level 10-15 max


    but yesterday I got a legenday 5 star bulwark rune with defense, defense, damage reduction, and get this: chance to lifesteal 8% on crit, that would come in handy on lord zomm

    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.


    yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    is legend league full of people with mks runed to the teeth?

    Depending on your level, yes. My MK has 5 improved 5* legendary runes; he's just under 2800 power at level 43. In my range, the top end guys have 3300+ power Grogs/Koros/Bovus; MKs are between 1800-2800. 1800-2100 I consider weak, 2200-2500 it depends on their runes. I avoid MKs 2600+ unless they have 2 defensive runes (I have a very good bulkwark on my MK for his blue slot, because it's so darn hard to craft good offensive blue runes).

    I don't quite know how power is calculated; both my MK and my Koros are FA, and my MK has better runes (Koros has 2 I think that aren't legendary improved). However, Koros' power is about 500 above MK's; he has more life and a better attack rating (nearly 4000 vs. about 2500 for MK).

    you got your mk to 2500 with just 2 improved runes? what is his base damage?

    my shadowblade is 3 star fully ascended with 4 improved power runes, 2 of which is legendary with atk as 1st secondary, rest are 5 star heroic. and his attack is 2700

    Naw, my MK is nearly 2800 with 5 5* Improved Legendaries (total rune power 625, 125 rune power/rune). Attack:2552, Defense 1699, Health: 3424, Crit Chance: 42%, Dodge: 25%.

    Each of my Legendary Yellow Precision runes give me over 10% crit chances at the expense of an extra attack stat. My Green Legendary Champion has +539 attack, but also +180 Defense and a 8% reduced damage from Caster (suck it Kai/Shade).

    I did stick a legendary Bulkward Rune in the Blue slot: +520 defense, +389 Health and . . . .+10% damage in PvP. That last stat made it worth it to me.

    looks like my runes need upgrading... in fact I probably have better runes than you, but they're only level 10-15 max


    but yesterday I got a legenday 5 star bulwark rune with defense, defense, damage reduction, and get this: chance to lifesteal 8% on crit, that would come in handy on lord zomm

    That's a neat one. I'm enjoying the unique properties on legendary runes; my Kai now has Poison Skin, which is kind of funny. LIke, did he rub a Sea Anenome on himself? A Puffer fish? Questions abound . . .
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com