Dungeon Boss Please stop Lying To Us!

danacdanac Member
edited July 5 in General Discussion
Or, less clickbaity, please fix this glitch.

I cast invincibility on Valkin with Ferno on team.
It says, "attack down removed"
But attack down tag is still over Valkin.

So if Attack Down cannot be removed- even though it's a debuff- [and it should be removable if it's a debuff. Shade's Dark Shroud is removable]
if it cannot be removed, PLEASE DON'T TELL US THAT ZEN REMOVES IT!!!!

6rll5hsg2hxu.jpg

I could put this in glitches, but I want to point out that it should be removable.

In the same vein, Shade's Dark Shroud should NOT prevent him from being burned by Wildfire.
I swear I saw him being burned, but I've been shown screen shots that saw he's immune to Wildfire while Dark Shroud is up.

But we've seen that Wildfire removes buffs before it does damage, it's a debuffer just like Koros's first special is.
SINCE Wildfire removes invincibility. THEN it should remove Dark Shroud.

edit, forgot to tag @eej, @Joel, for glitch part
Post edited by danac on
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    It doesn't even say his first ability purges buffs, therefore it shouldn't. We've got enough buff-purging heroes already. Secondly it actually Burns before even doing damage, meaning he gets the Fireborn damage bonus, and that's just ridiculous.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Yeah, buffs should only get purged if the wildfire is correctly applied, and it should be applied after damage.

The first issue, Joel (I think) said that that was a temporary fix so that it can be put on Constructs and Shrouded (which is also dumb)
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    You are correct that it shouln't be reporting that it's been removed. It can't be removed from the hero because it's not a debuff on the hero. If it were a debuff, it wouldn't affect Constructs.

Think of it as a room effect, i.e. the physics in the room have temporarily been altered to affect everyone in that room fighting until Ferno goes (or the first round is over). The effect is just being indicated by a small status icon to remind you that the ATK- is there until it's lifted.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    You are correct that it shouln't be reporting that it's been removed. It can't be removed from the hero because it's not a debuff on the hero. If it were a debuff, it wouldn't affect Constructs.

Think of it as a room effect, i.e. the physics in the room have temporarily been altered to affect everyone in that room fighting until Ferno goes (or the first round is over). The effect is just being indicated by a small status icon to remind you that the ATK- is there until it's lifted.

I think if it isn't a debuff, It should be indicated how Lily's sapping vines or Mangle's hot coals are.
    Maybe a haze in the air to indicate that the atmosphere is thick/soupy which seems to reduce the effectiveness of attacks? Ever try swinging a sword underwater? ;)
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm having this looked into :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »

It's listed as a debuff on the hero tag when you tap on the hero. But again, if that's the case, that it's a room effect, then Zen shouldn't say he's removed it.
    It doesn't even say his first ability purges buffs, therefore it shouldn't. We've got enough buff-purging heroes already. Secondly it actually Burns before even doing damage, meaning he gets the Fireborn damage bonus, and that's just ridiculous.

Does it actually not say it removes buffs? I don't know the exact wording, but it does say buffs can't be applied.

Speaking of which, another technical issue:

Wildfire attack removes buffs first then does damage: Okay.
    I used it on Krexx, and it removed taunt and set him on fire. Remember, the remove buffs effect comes *first*, like Koros.
    But when I've used it on Furnace, it does NOT remove taunt. I can't recall if it removes Fired Up.
    danac wrote: »

Speaking of which, another technical issue:

Wildfire attack removes buffs first then does damage: Okay.
    I used it on Krexx, and it removed taunt and set him on fire. Remember, the remove buffs effect comes *first*, like Koros.
    But when I've used it on Furnace, it does NOT remove taunt. I can't recall if it removes Fired Up.

This is because the wildfire cannot be applied on Furnace. It's not that it removes buffs before doing damage, it's that it applies wildfire before doing damage. However, applying wildfire is these steps:
    1. If they had no buffs, could they have wildfire on them?
    2. If so, remove all buffs.
    3. Apply Wildfire

This is also why it works on Shade, and this is why Ferno gets his 1.25 multiplier without them being on fire first.
    edited July 6
    No.

It attempts to apply wildfire. If resisted or immune, game over. (The constructs and shrouded heroes are immune to wildfire, so it will never be applied. Red heroes like Cobressa and Koros will often simply resist it.)

If wildfire is applied, then all other buffs are removed.

Finally, regardless of whether wildfire was applied/buffs removed, damage from the attack is calculated and inflicted. (If wildfire wasn't successfully applied and invincibility is still there, expect 0 damage.)
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • danacdanac Member
    That makes sense.

But it's annoying.

Expect to see dozens more threads about how weird this is, like Beloved issue or ponti not resurrecting when burned.
  • Few other odd interactions with Ferno attack down passive:

Unaffected by shades shroud
    IF removed by removing debuffs such as Krexx's trog skin, the atk down persists anyway until his turn
    If Ferno is frozen atk down persists another round - LOOKS LIKE THIS HAS BEEN PATCHED
  • danacdanac Member
    WobbieAdam wrote: »
    Few other odd interactions with Ferno attack down passive:

Unaffected by shades shroud
    IF removed by removing debuffs such as Krexx's trog skin, the atk down persists anyway until his turn
    If Ferno is frozen atk down persists another round - LOOKS LIKE THIS HAS BEEN PATCHED

Have we confirmed that if Flappy beloved revenges Zen, that doesn't count as his turn and attack down is removed?