Monster Rune War!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
j0espeelhvsx.png

Some Monsters hide under your bed, others raid dungeons! Complete all the monstrous quests you can between now and next Monday for tickets that you can exchange for fabulous prizes in the ticket shop. We also have a special event dungeon running, and cute little Hoppy Bunnies that can pop up in campaign dungeons that definitely don't have sharp teeth and ill intentions...

Have fun, and remember, there's nothing to be scared of. Unless it's a monster, then be very, very scared.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 5
    Same request as last few events - please separate the actual event store (i.e. ticket trade-ins) from. Having to scroll through two full screens worth of gem and cash bundles every time you want to use tickets or even check ticket prices is super annoying. You already have a "specials" shop loaded up with this stuff. Why not consolidate it all there like you used to do?
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    When are we gonna be able to bring our own (runed) heroes to the locked selection dungeons? It is that way in boss mode, why not in any event?
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    @Skip_Holmes I had the same thought, but then I was thinking, if that where the case I would never be enticed to purchase one of these, and since they are a business I'm OK with them trying to get my money (I sort of want them to try with better deals though).

• xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Great offers in that event shop - Hopper, Koros, Grog, Bovus, Lupina. Sweet. These are my favorite events; love the tickets. After I max my token purchases, I can buy evo monarchs; great way to get those 40+ EMs you need for final ascenscions.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Thanks for the chance to restock on superior shards. Next time, please let us use our own runed up heroes (maybe after it's three starred). At least it's only one loot key to quickloot it. Guess that's what I'll be doing with my stamina the next 5 days.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • dryaddryad Member
    edited July 5
    @Joel Just won a pvp raid with Torchy on my team and did NOT get credit for the repeatable quest. Deja vu!

NM!!! Just re-read the quest and saw that it says you need a monster, not a beast! Lol! Sorry!
  • echonapechonap Member
    dryad wrote: »
    Just won a pvp raid with Torchy on my team and did NOT get credit for the repeatable quest. Deja vu!

Torchy is not a monster. It's only Koros, Hopper, Manglejaw, Phemus, and Phenol

The Empire is recruiting.
  • danacdanac Member
    edited July 5
    echonap wrote: »
    dryad wrote: »
    Just won a pvp raid with Torchy on my team and did NOT get credit for the repeatable quest. Deja vu!

Torchy is not a monster.

Despite what all the other bats told him in Bat School.*

*To be fair, it started after one really bad case of the hiccups and poor control of his Bat out of Hell ability.
  • Same request as last few events - please separate the actual event store (i.e. ticket trade-ins) from. Having to scroll through two full screens worth of gem and cash bundles every time you want to use tickets or even check ticket prices is super annoying. You already have a "specials" shop loaded up with this stuff. Why not consolidate it all there like you used to do?

Grocery stores always put basic necessities like milk in the back. They know what you're there for. They also know if you have to walk past all the junk food it's hard to resist.
    centralcommand
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 5
    Same request as last few events - please separate the actual event store (i.e. ticket trade-ins) from. Having to scroll through two full screens worth of gem and cash bundles every time you want to use tickets or even check ticket prices is super annoying. You already have a "specials" shop loaded up with this stuff. Why not consolidate it all there like you used to do?

Grocery stores always put basic necessities like milk in the back. They know what you're there for. They also know if you have to walk past all the junk food it's hard to resist.

Not sure that analogy holds up. You already have to close various event banner offers, special offer popups, and select the appropriate tab of the shop menu to get to the ticket items. That is analogous to your grocery store forcing you to walk passed other products to get to milk.

What they are doing, mixing different currencies and offers and such, is more like if you went to the grocery store, walked passed all their products to get to the bread aisle, and then found that tubes of toothpaste are piled on top of all the loaves of bread and furthermore the toothpaste could only be bought using Pesos.

If you both need toothpaste and happened to have brought a foreign currency to the store, great. But the overwhelmingly vast majority of customers will just be annoyed by it. Point being, they already have multiple other more effective ways to show you their offers and tempt you into buying. This one is unnecessary and obnoxious. Granted, it's a minor thing in the grand scheme, just one that bugs me.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member

Not sure that analogy holds up. You already have to close various event banner offers, special offer popups, and select the appropriate tab of the shop menu to get to the ticket items. That is analogous to your grocery store forcing you to walk passed other products to get to milk.

What they are doing, mixing different currencies and offers and such, is more like if you went to the grocery store, walked passed all their products to get to the bread aisle, and then found that tubes of toothpaste are piled on top of all the loaves of bread and furthermore the toothpaste could only be bought using Pesos.

If you both need toothpaste and happened to have brought a foreign currency to the store, great. But the overwhelmingly vast majority of customers will just be annoyed by it. Point being, they already have multiple other more effective ways to show you their offers and tempt you into buying. This one is unnecessary and obnoxious. Granted, it's a minor thing in the grand scheme, just one that bugs me.

As you are saying, there are some purchases that are just in the wrong tab! Why are rune mats for gems in the event tab? Can anyone explain this?
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

As you are saying, there are some purchases that are just in the wrong tab! Why are rune mats for gems in the event tab? Can anyone explain this?

Or why the cash offers on the events tab have nothing at all to do with the current event? Dwarven War bundle? Igorok bundle? Valkin bundle? It's a monsters event...
  • debletdeblet Member
    I can't find any bunnies! Can anyone help?
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    deblet wrote: »

Should be pretty random in the Campaign. I killed 2 bunnies after 6 attempts.

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited July 6
    TTS1000 wrote: »
    When are we gonna be able to bring our own (runed) heroes to the locked selection dungeons? It is that way in boss mode, why not in any event?

I don't technically agree with this. If they forced us to run the dungeon over and over again, then yes please let us use our own heroes. But if the only quest objective is the 3 star the dungeon (And then you can quick loot), letting us use our own heroes seems like a bad idea... Most of us would literally just hit autorun.

Being able to assign fixed heroes allows them to tailor the difficulty to the level they want. Admittedly, I think the difficulty could be made significantly higher, but the base reason still stands.
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    If you have a lower level account you are given the same chance to 3 star this dungeon as a higher level account.

The lower level accounts that don't even have some of those heroes leveled up are given an increase in power just as the higher level accounts are sort of given a decrease in power. So you may not be able to auto-run, it's still do-able.

Even playing field for everyone. Instead of scaling the dungeon, they scale the heroes.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    I don't technically agree with this. If they forced us to run the dungeon over and over again, then yes please let us use our own heroes. But if the only quest objective is the 3 star the dungeon (And then you can quick loot), letting us use our own heroes seems like a bad idea... Most of us would literally just hit autorun.

Being able to assign fixed heroes allows them to tailor the difficulty to the level they want. Admittedly, I think the difficulty could be made significantly higher, but the base reason still stands.

So... I am basically just runing my heroes for PvP and I don't get any benefits in the main new PvE content (at the moment)? I personally don't have a problem beating the dungeons (as they are very easy, yes) but if there was a dungeon that was too hard for you there is nothing you can do to improve your team. It also basically forces you to quickloot the dungeons because autorunning isn't an option.

So... I am basically just runing my heroes for PvP and I don't get any benefits in the main new PvE content (at the moment)? I personally don't have a problem beating the dungeons (as they are very easy, yes) but if there was a dungeon that was too hard for you there is nothing you can do to improve your team. It also basically forces you to quickloot the dungeons because autorunning isn't an option.

I don't think we should get to choose the heroes, but we should get to use our own epics and runes and star levels if they are higher than the default that they give us. For example, I have my Hopper runed relatively well and it would have helped me completing the dungeon. However, my Mangle Jaw has no (or maybe just really bad) runes equipped, so that would not have mattered.

Another possiblity is that there could be an option to use your the provided heroes, or your own star levels/runes/epics/ascensions.
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    edited July 6
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    I don't think we should get to choose the heroes, but we should get to use our own epics and runes and star levels if they are higher than the default that they give us. For example, I have my Hopper runed relatively well and it would have helped me completing the dungeon. However, my Mangle Jaw has no (or maybe just really bad) runes equipped, so that would not have mattered.

Exactly what I would want.
  • edited July 6
    NobodyPi wrote: »

Exactly what I would want.

There were a few event dungeons way back where you got a stock version of the hero if you didn't have them unlocked or used your version if you did. But then people felt punished for unlocking a new hero right away. They had the summons to unlock them but not enough resources to ascend/level them so they were stuck using their crappy version of the new hero.

This is a good idea though. I really wish I could use my versions of the locked heroes as well. And having it decide based on whether the stock copy is stronger then what you have would make sure no one felt screwed just because they hit the portal right away.
    centralcommand
  • Please bring back st Patrick's day tsume dungeon and lovely lady nimriel last year valentine dungeon difficulty levels
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Please bring back st Patrick's day tsume dungeon and lovely lady nimriel last year valentine dungeon difficulty levels

Holy crap, not Tsume! It terrorized everyone below level 20...

• danacdanac Member

They usually hide underground.

Also, try PVP or the tower. If you're a high enough level, they'll be popping up there too.
    danac wrote: »

They usually hide underground.

Also, try PVP or the tower. If you're a high enough level, they'll be popping up there too.

Yeah, I was almost done grinding them when I found a Hopper in the tower and got the last 5 easily.
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    I don't like how killing an enemy with fire doesn't count as burning them for the quest. My Koros fully cooks most enemies.
  • danacdanac Member
    jmcraven wrote: »
    I don't like how killing an enemy with fire doesn't count as burning them for the quest. My Koros fully cooks most enemies.

I've found that the best thing to do this quest is to simply run my daily gold/evo islands with furnace alone or with Bauble for higher levels.
    In fact, most of these quests can be done in such a fashion.

For the monster quest, I've run the event dungeon, 3 Boss Mode dungeons, and are at almost 100/160, because of challenge quest or PVP or Tower.
    Yeah, I could have spent a bunch of stamina and done it day 1, lots of people do that, but we have four days either way.
    danac wrote: »
    jmcraven wrote: »

I've found that the best thing to do this quest is to simply run my daily gold/evo islands with furnace alone or with Bauble for higher levels.
    In fact, most of these quests can be done in such a fashion.

For the monster quest, I've run the event dungeon, 3 Boss Mode dungeons, and are at almost 100/160, because of challenge quest or PVP or Tower.
    Yeah, I could have spent a bunch of stamina and done it day 1, lots of people do that, but we have four days either way.

I realized that by just doing PvP, I could gradually complete the day 3 quests.

Random thought: It's the Monster Rune War, so why can't we get a cool rune in the shop or from a quest or something?
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    Any tips on poisoning ?

• kalamadea wrote: »
    Any tips on poisoning ?

Phenol
    ---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited July 8
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Any tips on poisoning ?

Phenol

And Rocky, Jabber and Julius (random Barrel Toss). All these heroes have chances or skills to add poison. Phenol is the real winner though when it comes to poisoning.

If you have a half-decent Phenol have him solo the first couple of levels of gold island. Take a couple of energy potions for his self-healing jiggle taunt, and sit back and watch the enemy poison themselves.