the Events all suck

This is a complaint

the events nowdays all suck, it's all rune wars with a few quests and maybe 1 dungeon half the time
the all star events no longer offer grindable dungeons and I'm pretty sure it dosen't offer quests.
hard event dungeons like ancient ice no longer exist.
devs put your thinking caps on and actually come up with intresting ideas instead of rune wars
also, they're events, they're not meant to happen 24/7 nonstop, and put challenging event dungeons back to where they belong
an idea would be "Temple of Light" for grinding masuta, or "Pyre Mountain" for koros, since they seem to be the meta like "Ancient Ice" was for igorok
He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.

yes, me Clash Royale addict

Comments

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I think the events are consistently some of the best (other than recent guild games). For example, the Ferno event allowed all players willing to grind to get as many tokens as they wanted. I do agree that there are not enough interesting and difficult event dungeons.
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited July 9
    The rewards currently are better than they have been for a long time. How often can f2p players unlock a VIP hero with just a little grinding? I think things have improved a lot. And, to be honest, with the addition of runes it is hard to make a truly challenging event dungeon. :neutral:
    nunya
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Events are definitely getting better, imo. My advice? Don't expect every event to be better than the last, and especially don't expect every event to be mind-blowing. They're events, after all. Meaning not there all the time. Be thankful they're at least giving us something.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    also, they're events, they're not meant to happen 24/7 nonstop

My perception of events changed after hitting level 70. I used to mostly ignore them as they interfered with doing my daily token runs. Now I can do the events and get stuff whilst doing what I'd be doing anyway.

I haven't noticed that the events are any different from what they were a year ago (well before I hit level 70) in terms of what we're required to do vs. the rewards we can earn. It's just easier to do the quests when you have a wider selection of higher level heroes to choose from (i.e. all of them), and all the dungeons open to choose from. e.g. Burn XXX enemies, easy if you have Furnace, Mangle Jaw, Nitpick et al., much harder if you only have one of these heroes to use.

As a consequence of being able to do the quests with less stamina, and having more stamina to start with, I enjoy all the events, even if they do keep coming back to back.

The scavenger hunts are fun but clearly require more effort to put together, and cause even more complaints from people who find them too easy or too hard.

I was slightly disappointed that the current Monster event didn't offer a new skin ( e.g. Phenol with a toilet brush replacing his bone, or something for Mangle Jaw) or even an old skin, but we did get a ton of Koros and Hopper tokens, with enough tickets left over to get plenty of raw materials.
  • list of top 10 events that are actually good:
    10:shade heroic portal
    9:mk/brom heroic portals{tryin to get mk, still don't have him at level 51:( }
    8:daeris token events(daeris is plain awsome)
    7:hopper/lily events
    6:haunted halls
    5:candy corn events
    4:koros all star
    3:new epic event
    2:new hero events
    1:winterfest

the rest of them are all just rune wars(wheeeeee!)
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.

yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    I think the notion of the called "Events" is a bit of a stretch - there are between 1-3 in-game "Events" every week it seems.
    When I think of an event, i do indeed associate with Winterfest and the Halloween ones.
    The rest of these, I just think of as weekly features - not something that is supposed to be so epic and grand as to say "hey check this event out, you've seen nothing like it!".
    I'm content with the balance, otherwise I'd be forced to grind all day and night because of event overload.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • farfellafarfella Member
    @Sparkle_Starley oh yes! Winter fest was by far my favorite besides Halloween.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Halloween, I think, everyone agrees is the best event they've ever had. Winterfest was the most "event-like", but was a let down on how there was not much to do most days.
    @NobodyPi exactly! Not much to do! I get my stuff done quickly and get some sweet rewards easily!
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • danacdanac Member
    farfella wrote: »
    @Sparkle_Starley oh yes! Winter fest was by far my favorite besides Halloween.

I'd like to point out how many people complained about winterfest at the time. They'd screwed up a couple of things at the beginning in terms of info they released, some daily events or rewards were considered bad, and at the very end we essentially had on day to do the entire thing over again.

I'm not saying it was bad, just offering perspective about the nature of these forums and complaining about events.
    Lol yeah @danac. Complaining is what we do best on the forums. I didn't complain though. I'm in the clear. I am not a complainer.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • I wish there was a disagree button for the original post
  • This is a complaint

the events nowdays all suck, it's all rune wars with a few quests and maybe 1 dungeon half the time
    the all star events no longer offer grindable dungeons and I'm pretty sure it dosen't offer quests.
    hard event dungeons like ancient ice no longer exist.
    devs put your thinking caps on and actually come up with intresting ideas instead of rune wars
    also, they're events, they're not meant to happen 24/7 nonstop, and put challenging event dungeons back to where they belong
    an idea would be "Temple of Light" for grinding masuta, or "Pyre Mountain" for koros, since they seem to be the meta like "Ancient Ice" was for igorok

The last event was pretty awesome. Being able to buy 50 Lupina tokens is worth I don't know how many dungeon raids alone; the 50 Bovus tokens saved you quite literally millions of gold trying to farm him. Hopper is pretty rare and Koros is awesome; yep, picked up 50 each of those bad girls/boys (99% sure Hopper is female).

yea, the tasks are tedious, but, well, it's an RPG, and all RPGs ever are grind-fests.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    I finished the last tournament in legend I for the hopper tokens and the runes, now I just want the rune because pignius isn't useful to me but I want the rune so I have to do the work for half the reward