Damage Reduction 50% Max needs to include + PVP damage reduction rune effect.

Players are strategically taking advantage of having heroes maxed at Damage reduction then increasing beyond the 50% Max by using rune effects sometimes over 100%. The game allows it so why not some may argue. It's not permitted in campaign so why is it ok in PVP?

I don't believe the game should allow it as it makes it unbalanced. It's no different to allowing 100% dodge or having 100% evade which I understand the game does not.

We can view the type of runes being used by defending heros but not the stats or the rune effects to decide if it will be a fair competition.

No doubt this has been mentioned before and needs to be mentioned often until bug fish put things right.

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Because there are so many ways to counter it.

Fear, haunted, armor piercing heroes like Therand, and heroes like Lily who make other heroes armor piercing.

Until they correct the double counting of ATK in their damage calculation, damage reduction is one of the few counters to the high damage output heroes like Shade and MK. Learn to use it.
  • Same can be said about attack % PvP bonus runes that can't be seen.. I agree with fatcat - there is a massive bias towards attaching heroes.

Emily with fear can be a hot knife through butter :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    b89ejinmrfn1.png
    ua3fbbe226jm.png
    No, keep the DR the way it is, otherwise this won't happen.
  • edited July 11
    DazzerDoom wrote: »
    Players are strategically taking advantage of having heroes maxed at Damage reduction then increasing beyond the 50% Max by using rune effects sometimes over 100%. The game allows it so why not some may argue. It's not permitted in campaign so why is it ok in PVP?
    This is a really silly argument. Also false, Ponti next to shade can have over 100% DR from magical hits anytime shrouded is active if you really wanted to. Same with any other dark hero that has magical. Emily with 50% DR standing next to furnace has over 90% DR vs. everything (armored + magical + dwarven armored). Toss in a few runes with % dmg red vs. magical/warrior/rogue/etc. and you could easily get her to 100% or more against some types pretty easily.

It's easier to take advantage of in PVP simply because planning runes exist. But you can do this in any aspect of the game.
    I don't believe the game should allow it as it makes it unbalanced. It's no different to allowing 100% dodge or having 100% evade which I understand the game does not.
    Also false, just a heck of a lot harder to do because dodge from runes and passives is capped at 25% and there's no "+ dodge in <situation>" runes. But aria for instance usually has 65% dodge vs. ranged attacks, well above cap. If rocky added an evasion boost I am pretty confident she would be at 100% vs. ranged. Mangle Jaw also has +25% dodge vs. ranged which doesn't count against his cap so with 25% dodge and the right buffs you could probably get him up there pretty high as well.
    We can view the type of runes being used by defending heros but not the stats or the rune effects to decide if it will be a fair competition.
    I agree here. I want to see rune stats for the heroes I'm facing.
    No doubt this has been mentioned before and needs to be mentioned often until bug fish put things right.
    Strongly disagree. These mega DR heroes are a product of the meta. Mega DR is often the only strategic answer to the toughest defenses. Changing the attack formula should make new builds viable and hopefully make stacking DR to the brim unnecessary and suboptimal. But until then taking it away would be a horrible idea. And as @FatCat69 says, there are plenty of counters. They are also the easiest teams to recognize, showing rune stats for DR teams will basically just confirm what you already know - their planning and aegis runes have a lot of DR and DR in PVP (surprise!)

centralcommand
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    Devs have mentioned that full rune stats on PvP preview is something they are doing - its just a back burner compared to the other stuff needing fixes.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?