What's your favorite NORMAL Speed AOE PvP Hero?

Most PvP teams have 1 "nuclear bomb" normal speed hero that cleans up after the fast turns are over; a high damage, AOE attacker. I was thinking about the variety out there, and wondered what the forum preferred. As far as I know, the options are:

Valkin
Igorok
Grog
Koros
Viperia
Kobol
Balog (lol)
Furnace (debatable, I guess)
Rogar
Nitpick
Manglejaw
Lily (maybe?)
Icepick
Bovus

For me, it's Koros, because his Purging Pyre removes ALL buffs (well, 3, technically, but who has 4 buffs up in the 1st round?), including Invincible, BEFORE dealing damage. However, I see a lot of Grogs, Valkins and Bovuses (Bovi?) as well.

What say you?

Comments

• Mine is Koros too. Viperia is arguably better because of multi hit, and synergy with reptiles, but you asked for my favorite.
  • Well... Of the heroes that you said and that I have... furnace. I love him.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Well... Of the heroes that you said and that I have... furnace. I love him.

He's so funny when you win and run up the tower; he toots his smokestack like he's a train. I don't have him runed up or ascended at all, so he's just bait at this point.

Grog seems to be the one guy who can match Koros is damage output, but again, don't have him ascended or runed.
  • Selwyn
  • Mangle Jaw too OP please nerf.
    Oh wait they did...twice...
    I use viperia now but I love me some mangle

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Statistically speaking, Ponti or Koros are my favorites. Depends on who I'm facing.

However if we're just talking my favorite AoE from a normal speed hero, Bovus' Stampede is my choice. Grog's feels like it takes forever to use, and just isn't as cool as trampling your enemies with a dozen or so angry minotaurs. Plus, since Bovus' buff and Epic release, he's had a special place in my heart. I give him my best runes and he's currently my most powerful hero, number wise. Actually I think the highest hero power of my roster goes to Zomm, but since Bovus has an Epic he's at the very top of my roster. The only Epic I currently have level 12 is his, too.
  • moqlsmoqls Member
    Koros, without a doubt.
  • Valkin has become my favorite, fired up + baubles buff, with a damage to rogue power on him and he's a rogue slayer.
  • Valkin. I like how he lets me choose how I want my opponents to die. It's like the old Mortal Kombat "Finish them" letters have popped up. Do I want to hailstorm them out today? Send wolves to munch on them? Or let the entire population of Moria trample them to death?
    centralcommand
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Furnace.. obvious choice.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I know this thread is pretty old, but Nitpick is awesome.
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Adverb007 wrote: »
    I know this thread is pretty old, but Nitpick is awesome.

Nitpick likely won't live to use his ability and the damage is very low above level ~40.

As of nuke AOEs, the highest damagers are Koros and Viperia (Daeris too with Shade). I prefer Grog's because of all the utility he brings. Slow/crit-choke or defense buff+Solaris purge if against a dark Shade team.
  • Bovus without a doubt... hes basically a cheap grog that gets synergies!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Cheap Grog with cheaper synergies. :P Don't forget with Grog, Solaris gets a purge.
  • Cheap Grog with cheaper synergies. :P Don't forget with Grog, Solaris gets a purge.

Wait what? how, I just used my grog once, used his snow day and thought it just gave his team a defense buff, and if grog had some way of getting haste, or armor hunter i would totally play him
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited April 23
    Cheap Grog with cheaper synergies. :P Don't forget with Grog, Solaris gets a purge.

Wait what? how, I just used my grog once, used his snow day and thought it just gave his team a defense buff, and if grog had some way of getting haste, or armor hunter i would totally play him

Read the description of Snow Day when Solaris has the buff for her first special attack. Every beast has an extra enhancement to one of their special attacks when the have the snow day day buff. It's been around since Dec 2016. You can find some specifics here:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/52379/snow-day-modifications

• With Pignius he gets lots of attacks. And his epic. And his slow kinda gives him bonus turns.
  • With Pignius he gets lots of attacks. And his epic. And his slow kinda gives him bonus turns.

mr waffle i tried this out, with pig it doesnt stack because it will do the 2 attacks first then it will do a bonus attack to the target, i tried this out, but bovus, his attacks are basically doubled with pigmus because each rampage is an individual attack, but i dont usually run pig because of lack of space... i have a really well spread rooster that synergises with jabber and bovus... but i have to admit grog isnt as bad as i thought knowing he can make my jabber Beast mode apply fear... but idk if its enough to justify not running bovus, shikate, or lily...
  • I like well spread roosters.

But seriously, each attack has a chance to do a bonus with Pignius meaning he could do his normal two attacks, he normally does three, and he can do 4. With his epic he will always do 5 ofc.
  • I like well spread roosters.

But seriously, each attack has a chance to do a bonus with Pignius meaning he could do his normal two attacks, he normally does three, and he can do 4. With his epic he will always do 5 ofc.

bovus always does 6 with his epic, applies a dot, and negates healing on hit enemies... if we are comparing epics that is, but hey i mean now i know that he isn't totally useless... maybe i should level him up like i did with shikate, atm my grog is level 56...
  • Also he does a crap ton of damage and is good at surviving with a full beast team. He can team freeze in 5 turns and healing isn't too good now with all the tanky/ressing.
  • Also he does a crap ton of damage and is good at surviving with a full beast team. He can team freeze in 5 turns and healing isn't too good now with all the tanky/ressing.

lol thats funny, it actually helpes a lot in battles against undead, and sometimes solaris, solaris battles its usually just for extra damage, and if i ever did use grog i would use him for defense buff and ability buffs, not for damage, i got jabber and bovus or something for that... not to mention he is a little to squishy for me to use right now, got him as a 3 star... sad I know
  • With Solaris and two beasts, Grog gets a lot of health from his and her passives.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited April 23
    With Solaris and two beasts, Grog gets a lot of health from his and her passives.

i ran him in tower back when he was my level for a level... he was oneshotted, and he had runes on so it was pretty weird, back then i was deciding if i should use bovus or grog since they are the same stars...
  • Hmm what level are you? I mean as long as you have Goretusk, Grog lives forever. (More than Pignius for some reason)
  • Hmm what level are you? I mean as long as you have Goretusk, Grog lives forever. (More than Pignius for some reason)

i haven't fully ascended in goretusk cause i don't want people to judge me 10 fold or to think the only reason i win is because i am a demon that uses the best heroes and doesn't use any skill in combat... and i am level 69
  • LOL WTH? Do people actually make fun of people for use heroes in the meta?I've never seen such a thing ever.
  • LOL WTH? Do people actually make fun of people for use heroes in the meta?I've never seen such a thing ever.

No i don't want to be made fun of... have you ever gone to chat before
  • edited April 23
    LOL WTH? Do people actually make fun of people for use heroes in the meta?I've never seen such a thing ever.

Only time I was made fun of (and blocked) is when I supported Trump when 5 people were trashing him. :p

Also I would think people would be made fun of if they use off meta heroes like Icepick, Augustus, Balog, Takumi. Not meta heroes that are how you win.

Only time I was made fun of (and blocked) is when I supported Trump when 5 people were trashing him. :p

Also I would think people would be made fun of if they use off meta heroes like Icepick, Augustus, Balog, Takumi. Not meta heroes that are how you win.

yeah, no winning chat, its either A. your using a non meta hero and they call you a stupid squirrel that doesn't have the commitment to be playing this game then they say squirrel a couple more times yoda yoda yoda, or your using a meta hero- Hey you filthy pay2win Squirrel squirrel, why must you inspire dungeon boss to be such a pay to win game, you squirrel, i hate your guts and wish you go to squirrel squirrel...

I am to afraid what would happen to me if i used 2 Meta heroes!