Heroes Not Sharing Passives Their Clones Have

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Hey. You may have noticed certain clones of heroes in PvE have traits that are consistent among all of them. Some examples I can think of off the top of my head are;

Ekko clones: Purger - Unit purges 1 buff on Crit.

Nimrel clones: Speed Demon - Unit gains Haste on Crits.

Dagrund clones: (Element) Hunter - Unit deals extra damage to (element) enemies.

Alexandros clones: Challenge Accepted - Unit deals 2x damage to Taunting enemies (side note, I think this passive should also work on Provoking enemies as well).

I'm sure there's more, I know the lycanthropes on Babel Mountain also have Turn a Blind Eye, which would be cool on Jabber.

Point is, would be nice if the heroes (ya know, the ones that are supposed to be stronger than any one enemy alone, excluding bosses and Boss mode enemies) had the Passives that all their clones seem to have. Plus, many of these changes would be welcomed buffs to otherwise so-so heroes. I guess Dagrund doesn't really need Dark Rancor, but all these other heroes could use buffs. I think so, anyways.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    You're batting 1000 today. ;)
  • farfellafarfella Member
    lol that's funny. You call them clones and I call them (insert hero name) wannabes. For example, alexandros wannabes. Why anyone would want to be Alex I have no idea. I'm gonna be honest here, I am sticking with my way.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • danacdanac Member
    farfella wrote: »
    lol that's funny. You call them clones

Now I'm thinking of the Clone Wars, with thousands of Alex Stormtroopers hunting down leia.
    @danac plz no.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    farfella wrote: »
    lol that's funny. You call them clones

Now I'm thinking of the Clone Wars, with thousands of Alex Stormtroopers hunting down leia.

Star Wars but with Dungeon Boss characters, featuring Yasmin as Leia, Jabber as Chewy, Paladin Augustus as Luke, Zen as Obi Wan, Sir William as Han Solo, and Executum as Vader.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
    edited July 11
    I think jabber should be c-3-po because they are both useless yet likeable.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
    C3-PO has to be Sifu, that way he's tall, golden, and still useless.

R2 is Therand because he's small and blue. However that's a bit unfair since R2 is actually useful. I'd say Valkin is a second option in that case.
  • C3-PO has to be Sifu, that way he's tall, golden, and still useless.

R2 is Therand because he's small and blue. However that's a bit unfair since R2 is actually useful. I'd say Valkin is a second option in that case.

You don't think double damage against armored opponents while ignoring the armor, plus the potential for a nice boost from your pal Dagrund, is useful?
  • Barleyman wrote: »

You don't think double damage against armored opponents while ignoring the armor, plus the potential for a nice boost from your pal Dagrund, is useful?

No. Not at all. There was a very brief window after kai came out where therand was a pvp superstar because his primary attack got around drenched and Kai + Furnace was the defense of choice. But that is long over and he now serves no purpose.

He's even been completely outclassed as an armored killer. Lily is so much more effective its crazy since you can rune her with DR and still obliterate armor. And Vip lily is the only answer you need to the occasional Furnace Bauble based defense.
    centralcommand
    Barleyman wrote: »

Show me a pic of Therand being used in PvP at all (and no, I don't mean YOU using him) and I'll give you a medal.
  • danacdanac Member

Show me a pic of Therand being used in PvP at all (and no, I don't mean YOU using him) and I'll give you a medal.

You mean NOW?

Really, Therand was incredibly useful in PVP until Valkin came out. Mine was a dodger destruction machine. He'd trash MK, Shadow, plus Furnace and Emily and Astrid. I'd run Ember Therand and he'd ohko most teams he'd face.

But as more people got Superiors, and Valkin came along with his synergy with Furnace which made him more survivable, Therand got lost.
    Plus a few more heroes came out with more powerful specials- before Valkin and Koros, he had one of the overall most powerful attack arsenals int he game, with three major damage attacks.

He'd still be great against Lilly and Rocky teams, except he's blue, so Viperia eats him alive.
    edited July 12
    I think therand could be a pvp armor counter... he just needs a little help from the devs.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!