Fire Hero Changes I'd Like to See

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Simple as the title says. Just some changes and suggestions I think would be great for some of the weaker Fire heroes.

Nitpick:
- Slight increase to Hp and Def
- Meteor Storm could do less damage but hit 3 times?
- Epic Attack shouldn't count as Fire damage. Ranged physical maybe.
- A new passive called Friends with Dragons, which would give him a chance to apply Wildfire to Burning enemies when applying regular Burn. Also grants immunity to Burn and healing from Fire attacks.
- Change 2nd ability to Molten Claws, does 2 Melee attacks and lowers enemy Max Health.
- Fireball could remove Burn when targeted on an enemy to deal extra damage, with a chance to re-apply the Burn when it hits.

Ignus:
- Replace Pyromania with Mad Pyromania, which grants him Pyromania but also grants Fire allies Pyromania for 2 turns whenever he uses an ability.
- Heist should steal 2 energy.
- Last time I checked, Volcanic Shards was broken and didn't buff the Atk of other Casters. On top of fixing that, I believe it should have a chance to Burn the target.
- A passive called Too Hot to Handle which grants him a chance to Burn with basic attacks, and builds stacks each turn equal to how many Burning enemies there are, caps out at 20 stacks. Each stack increases damage done by Burning from him.

Rogar:
- Add Fire Eater I, II, and III.
- Whirlwind should be called Flaming Whirlwind and Burn enemies.
- Skull Cracker could Daze enemies.
- Rage Strike should be changed to be called Burning Rage, with a chance to Burn and grants allies Atk+ and Burning Skin (II, III, IV) for 2 turns upon activation.
- A new passive I think all Dwarves should have since they can't miss, Hard-Headed. When Dazed, gain Def+ for 2 turns and deal 1.25 damage with all attacks while Dazed.
- Like Father Like Son, a passive unlocked not through Ascension but by unlocking Dhaegon. Grants Rogar a chance to Shock on Crits and, while on a team with Dhaegon, will follow up any attack by Dhaegon with a basic attack.
- Rage Strike (Burning Rage) could be on a 2 turn shorter Cooldown and Whirlwind (Flaming Whirlwind) could be on a 1 turn shorter Cooldown.

Torchy:
- Bat Outta Hell could be on a 1 turn shorter Cooldown.
- Fiery Fangs replaced with Fiery Snack, a bite attack that deals physical melee damage. Removes Burn when activated but chance to re-apply Burn when dealing damage. Removing Burn will heal Beast allies.

Lupina:
- Increase to Health and Defense.
- Chaos Howl is strong but a bit underwhelming compared to other abilities. Perhaps make it so that using it grants Beast allies Haste. Or Def+. Or some other buff.
- Fiery Fangs replaced with Fiery Meal, a physical melee bite attack that consumes Burn when activated, chance to Burn when dealing damage, and consuming Burn grants Beast allies +2 energy.

Pignius:
- Bring back his Bonfire passive which increased Burn damage.
- Why... why does he have Team Precision? Do you look at this literal war hog, who punches things until they're mush, and think, "Yeah. He definitely helps his allies hit vital spots better. Cuz precision is totally his thing. Obviously."?? Do you?? Give this passive to someone like Black Diamond. She needs a buff.
- Sucker Punch should be his last ability.
- Burning Taunt should be his second ability.
- Beastial Roar should be his first ability.
- A passive that increases Beast ally Defense. Beast Guard, perhaps.
- A biker skin. How did you guys miss this. Pig Kahuna is a great pun and a great skin, but come on.

Abigail:
- I almost forgot about her she's so useless.
- Total rework.
- Increase every freakin' stat on her.
- By like a lot.
- Furious Charge is actually an okay ability but perhaps it could rally Warrior allies to attack a random enemy as well. A Warrior version of Beastial Roar, per say.
- Just.
- Throw away her last two abilities. I don't even know what to do with them. Just erase them. Replace them with anything else, I don't care. Just make her useful again, jeez.
- Rebel Yell could apply to all Warrior allies as well as herself. By that I mean Warrior allies increase their own Atk on Crit for 1 turn, not that Abigail increases their Atk on Crit.
- Buff her Health and Defense again.
- Look at her. Does she look like a crazed killer? No? You're right. It's because she's not. Give her a skin. Any skin. Make her look cool. Right now it looks like she's ready to deliver girlscout cookies to the Lich.
- A passive that buffs Def and Skill for Warrior allies.
- Monster Hunter. Cuz why not.
- Even all this probably won't fix her.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Three comments:

1. Again, all of the above sounds great.
    2. Sucker Punch NEEDS to daze.
    3. Loved the Abigail tear down. ;)
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited July 11
    Sometimes after reading threads like these I feel bad for Abby. But then I remember she sucks.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 11
    Almost forgot Squinch:
    - Given the insane AoE abilities of newer heroes, Playing with Fire might as well do a good amount of damage rather than just lighting enemies on fire and dealing almost negligible damage. Perhaps having it do around 1700~ ish base damage at tier 70 would be good.
    - Fired Up, a passive that makes Squinch more susceptible to Fire, take 0 damage from Burning, and boost Atk and Def when Burning. Playing with Fire could (quite logically) also light Squinch on fire, granting him a free buff from using his first ability as well.
    - Royal Crit Fire could also grant Goblin allies (besides Squinch) 50% bonus Fire Resist, since not only are the other goblins weak to fire, but Squinch has some of the lowest synergy with Bramble out of all of them.
    - Cheap Shot replaced with Crowd Pleaser (the picture for the ability would be like, a group of goblins pointing and laughing at a hurt enemy), a physical melee attack that deals 1.5x extra damage per debuff on the enemy, and buffs Goblin allies once per debuff on the enemy, for up to 3 buffs. Buffs last 2 turns and are randomly chosen from this selection: [Atk+, Def+, Crit+]. Using this ability on an enemy with at least 3 debuffs will guarantee all 3 buffs on every Goblin. Goblins won't get a buff they already got. Basically, Squinch attacks a crippled enemy and the other goblins (And Squinch) find it hilarious. The Goblins aren't exactly the nicest folk.
  • - Royal Crit Fire could also grant Goblin allies (besides Squinch) 50% bonus Fire Resist, since not only are the other goblins weak to fire, but Squinch has some of the lowest synergy with Bramble out of all of them.
    How about when on a team with bramble goblins get 50% bonus fire resist and their attacks spread fire when they hit burning enemies? Could call it "Goblin Pyro Party" or something lol.

Great ideas btw although I don't like the mass haste idea for chaos howl, one fast mass haster is enough.

Poor abi.

centralcommand
    - Royal Crit Fire could also grant Goblin allies (besides Squinch) 50% bonus Fire Resist, since not only are the other goblins weak to fire, but Squinch has some of the lowest synergy with Bramble out of all of them.
    How about when on a team with bramble goblins get 50% bonus fire resist and their attacks spread fire when they hit burning enemies? Could call it "Goblin Pyro Party" or something lol.

Great ideas btw although I don't like the mass haste idea for chaos howl, one fast mass haster is enough.

Poor abi.

The mass Haste was simply a suggestion, honesty Chaos Howl is fine as it is since it's basically an AoE Mark for Death. In hindsight, I guess it doesn't need a change.
    I wouldn't mind chaos howl getting a bit of a boost. I still use lupina on teams with no shade or mk (so pretty much never) but she seems like I should get some more bang for my buck because she is so squishy.
    Also, go gorgons!
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    I'd like to see Abigail again in PvP - 18 months ago, she was as brutal as her name suggested at times.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
    ckall056 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Abigail again in PvP - 18 months ago, she was as brutal as her name suggested at times.

Yeah... I remember when she was the go-to tsume counter because tsume was like mk is today... my my how times change.
    Also, go gorgons!
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Make ingus fast.
    You know if anyone abuses me, I can find their I.P. Right?
    Noooooo! No more "reworks" simply by making a hero fast!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    Forgot about Koros, silly me.

Koros:
    - Heavily reduce the base damages on all of his attacks and abilities.
    - Purging Pyre shouldn't purge buffs of it misses, or before doing damage. It should only remove buffs if it hits.
    - For Christ's sake, remove that long-*** animation before Siphoning Rampage, or at least speed it up.
    - When I first saw "Heads or Tails" I assumed his basic attack would be like, he either attacks with his fangs or his tail, with a 50% chance to Burn or a 50% chance to Poison. That would also let him apply Poison more easily outside of Stinging Strike. Could just remove the Purge on Crit aspect to balance it.
    - This is a minor complaint that can't be fixed, but does anyone else feel he doesn't look like his splash art at all? His art makes him look like a proud, regal lion with a large muscular chest and forelegs but in-game, he's this small, skinny, hunched over freaky looking creature. Certainly doesn't look like a lion in-game. But like I said, that can't be changed and furthermore, I don't mind that much since I hardly ever use him.
    Oh and Nimrel:
    - Add Speed Demon (Haste on Crits). Her clones have it, why doesn't she?
    - Steady Shot maybe?
    - Change Arrow Barrage to Burning Barrage.
    - Get Over Here should also Crit Choke and maybe lower energy for the target. With all the incredibly strong AoE attacks nowadays, a single attack for a first ability needs to be even stronger.
    - More Health and Attack.
  • Forgot about Koros, silly me.

Koros:
    - Heavily reduce the base damages on all of his attacks and abilities.
    - Purging Pyre shouldn't purge buffs of it misses, or before doing damage. It should only remove buffs if it hits.
    - For Christ's sake, remove that long-*** animation before Siphoning Rampage, or at least speed it up.
    - When I first saw "Heads or Tails" I assumed his basic attack would be like, he either attacks with his fangs or his tail, with a 50% chance to Burn or a 50% chance to Poison. That would also let him apply Poison more easily outside of Stinging Strike. Could just remove the Purge on Crit aspect to balance it.
    - This is a minor complaint that can't be fixed, but does anyone else feel he doesn't look like his splash art at all? His art makes him look like a proud, regal lion with a large muscular chest and forelegs but in-game, he's this small, skinny, hunched over freaky looking creature. Certainly doesn't look like a lion in-game. But like I said, that can't be changed and furthermore, I don't mind that much since I hardly ever use him.

I just said I liked your reds in the green one but now I have to go back on it.

You're suggesting completely killing what makes koros, koros - the buff purging of purging pyre. I doubt I would ever use him again if that happened, I'd just repurpose the runes. And every rocky first team would simply say "wait an hour until this team goes away". Like with ferno, this is another refund worthy change - this hero that people invested a lot in is now totally useless. And this one is even worse, rocky first teams are now suddenly pure RNG-fests. Valkin DR is the only solution against them, at least the ones where that is viable. So yea, I emphatically disagree with this one.

And why are we lowering his attack and abilities? People rune him with all attack so lowering his base attack/damage won't really drastically change his damage output, it will just annoy people. Normal-speed heroes can have strong AOEs, they're already handicapped by the normal speed. Lets bring more up to his level.

The heads or tails thing seems cool though. And then maybe both if he crits? I'm fine with losing the purge buff on crit for that. I also like that he'll reapply burning or poison since he always consumes it when he tries to do a basic.
    centralcommand
    Also, nerf Cobressa's energy gain from hitting Venomed enemies. Should be 1 per hit, not 2. That's ridiculous. Also, perhaps a cap of only 2 or 3 energy per move, so Acid Spit won't give her a huge amount of energy every use?