Bored...

Where's this game going? There must be a lot of players like me who have nearly all heroes 6* (I even have Ember 6*!) and all the major PvP heroes runed to the hilt. I'm just not motivated by new heroes. Bored of crafting runes. Bored of endless PvP just to win a rune that's not really any better than those I already have.

I don't read the developer notes so is anything radical planned? New PVE areas? Anything?

This game has had legs - over 18 months of solid play - but can they do anything to extend it for another 18 months?

Comments

• Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    gradders wrote: »
    I don't read the developer notes so is anything radical planned? New PVE areas? Anything?

Sure ;)
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    You can try going outside. I did and discovered something called trees.
  • graddersgradders Member
    @bvs72 Just back from my walk. Met a poodle called Jaffa. A neutered male Poodle and she called him Jaffa. That's just mean. We all know Jaffa oranges are seedless...
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited July 11
    Sit tight bud. You and like, 3 other people have completed the game. I don't think it makes sense to focus on the extremely small pool of people who have completed the game instead of the hundreds of thousands of others who haven't. And yes, this august will be lots of new heroes I hear, as well as a "combat revamp" whatever that means. I am sure more boss island dungeons are coming too. :smiley:
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Sit tight bud. You and like, 3 other people have completed the game. I don't think it makes sense to focus on the extremely small pool of people who have completed the game instead of the hundreds of thousands of others who haven't. And yes, this august will be lots of new heroes I hear, as well as a "combat revamp" whatever that means. I am sure more boss island dungeons are coming too. :smiley:
    3? Is that a joke? You realize the lifetime total hero roster power leaderboard only shows the top 100 people and the lowest person on it has 420k in RP right? The number of people that are like gradders here numbers will into the hundreds, probably a lot more then that.
    centralcommand
    edited July 11
    Lol @CentralCommand yes it was a joke. And only about 20 people have 100% maxed out rosters (I checked lol) meaning every hero is six star. In addition, you have to look at the big picture. While DB knows that the top of the heap are it's most valuable resources and income of money, ultimatly, it has to cater to the vast majority of players that haven't completed the game. Also, there is always pvp, runes, and epics once you six star every hero, which keeps most of us busy for a while. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be less entertained than other, non-maxed out players, I'm just saying that it won't be constant thrills because DB has to worry about other players to. They have to make the game look enticing to newer players. They're trying their best, but there are only so many devs :)
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Lol @CentralCommand yes it was a joke. And only about 20 people have 100% maxed out rosters (I checked lol) meaning every hero is six star. In addition, you have to look at the big picture. While DB knows that the top of the heap are it's most valuable resources and income of money, ultimatly, it has to cater to the vast majority of players that haven't completed the game. Also, there is always pvp, runes, and epics once you six star every hero, which keeps most of us busy for a while. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be less entertained than other, non-maxed out players, I'm just saying that it won't be constant thrills because DB has to worry about other players to. They have to make the game look enticing to newer players. They're trying their best, but there are only so many devs :)
    That is an odd definition of maxed out roster. To me there's only one player in the game with a 100% maxed out roster. Although judging from the RP leaderboard, mr. nomadzthereaper is pretty darn close to becoming the second.

I'm not entirely sure where you are getting 20 from for number of people with all heroes 6*, I'm pretty sure I could name far more then that just off the top of my head. And I could name many more that don't have that because they simply don't care because its not worth the money. Stars really don't matter right now. They aren't really exciting or important and currently have no real relevance on your ability to compete for the top prizes in PVP, GG and the other competitions this game offers. And obviously do whatever you want in PVE. It's certainly not a good way to measure who has completed the game and is probably bored. That's like saying people haven't completed the game because they don't have their 210 crowns yet. Getting tokens and crowns is just a chore, something you do, it never ends but its not really an achievement.

And before @MattCauthron jumps in and yells at me I have made sure to add the requisite "right now" part because I know stars will almost definitely become relevant again someday. But right now once you acquire a critical mass of runes and max the epics on your important heroes you're more or less done with roster building for the moment. Everything else is unnecessary and mostly for fun or pride.
    centralcommand
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I could have a maxed out roster. I have all the tokens need to six star all heroes but have not completed the upgrade on Kreel because it has no benefit. It increases my total roster power and thus makes PvP more difficult. I no longer increase the Epic level on heroes that I don't use in PvP even though I have plenty of materials. Only my heroes used in PvP have runes. The rest of my runes are unused on placed on heroes at rune level 1 to avoid upping my roster power. This seems to make PvP and the tower easier. I plan to stay this way until BF specifically states that roster power has no affect on either offensive or defensive PvP match making. I find it sad that spending money to advance your roster doesn't increase your chance of winning.
  • rpger001rpger001 Member
    gradders wrote: »

This game has had legs - over 18 months of solid play - but can they do anything to extend it for another 18 months?

I am looking forward to GBB myself. The example Eej gave in the last Summit sounded very good. Unique rune materials sound interesting as well. I assume your guild makes the Summit notes available to you. Read them if you are really interested in what is in the pipes.
    Teal125
  • danacdanac Member
    I have 350 k roster power. Most but not all of my heroes are 70, most 6*, 1/4 that have epics are maxxed, and my runes aren't all that great.

here are about 820 people ahead of me in roster power.

bvs is probably one of them. I'm not bored. Judging by how much further I have to go and how many people are ahead of me, I'd guess the number of really maxxed players is around 500ish or less.

To get an idea of the pool of total active players, we'd need a moobie to look at their rankings.
    @danac looks like we all have a different definition of "maxxed out" and I don't think yours is all heroes 6* FA lvl 70. What is yours?
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    You can try going outside. I did and discovered something called trees.

• ckall056ckall056 Member
    10 Seriously Legit Options for players who are maxed and feeling bored:
    1. Become a mentor to a new player
    2. Start an alt
    3. Depending on your age - Find a pen-pal, Get a GF, Marry someone, Engage in casual coitus ;)
    4. Keep grinding to save resources for the next Aether legend
    5. Quit
    6. Quit at 11:45PM on sunday night and burn some bridges
    7. Binge watch my youtube videos to throw me some love
    8. Follow me on twitter
    9. get a second job (or first job depending on age, or dead-beated-ness)
    10. As mentioned earlier - check out those tree things
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • Yeah I'm getting bored too. I don't contend for top 100 in PVP but I get legendary 1 using the same team for EVERY battle. Starring heroes, maxing epics and crafting runes won't change this drudgery.

Crowns are trivial. Tower of PWN is trivial. PVP is trivial. DB needs a new game mode.
  • danacdanac Member
    ckall056 wrote: »
    10 Seriously Legit Options for players who are maxed and feeling bored:

10. As mentioned earlier - check out those tree things

They're big and they scare me.
  • danacdanac Member
    farfella wrote: »
    @danac looks like we all have a different definition of "maxxed out" and I don't think yours is all heroes 6* FA lvl 70. What is yours?

That made no sense to me.
    I'm saying I'm not maxxed, but my definition of maxxed is essentially all heroes 6*, fa, all epics maxxed, and working on adding superior runes to [at the least] all useful heroes.

When your only movement in leaderboard for roster power is by upgrading runes, I'd call that maxxed.

There is, ofc, Supermaxxed*, which is all legendary superiors with fourth traits on all heroes.

*This lands you in DB jail.
  • DeadPitDeadPit Member
    edited July 14
    I don't know if this happened only with me but, I couldn't play DB for almost an year because the japanese Apple store didn't have the game for download. After I came back home in Brazil, I thought DB database has deleted my account, but fortunately I went abble to restore the account and continue playing.
    The thing is, after this all year, DB has changed, a lot of new heroes, this rune thing, epic thing, and the god **** Shade(kkk), then I realised that the crown quest for guilds has changed for something waaay easier than before. The all game has got easier, I don't know if was because my old account technically have good heroes.
    You could take a break from the game for a while maybe, but keep looking something new to the game, maybe in a few months DB will apply anything for end gamers.