MK not getting diseased when killing Kobal?

Has anyone noticed MK (on defense) no longer getting diseased when he kills Kobal (in the first position)? It happened to me twice today.

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    The complete rule should read:

When killed, has a 100% chance to disease all enemies (unless they resist).

I guess they didn't have room for the exception in the box. My guess is that the defense also had Kai who adds 25% resistance to elemental effects to all allies.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    Yes, this also happened to me. Quite frustrating.
    Gorgons have a new guild! Gormandizing gorgon! Yaya!!!
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    +1 for Kai
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
    @danac Kai says he is but indigo insists they are just "close friends."
  • God, are they going to hurry up and nerf this overpowered piece of **** or what?
  • oredithoredith Member
    God, are they going to hurry up and nerf this overpowered piece of **** or what?
    everything that ails you shall be fixed in the combat revamp.

refer to my sig-line for expected release date.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    edited July 13
    @oredith we have dates! Sort of. I have heard august. Is there a battle revamp every august? Last year, the rune update was in august. Anyway, I think we should expect it then.
  • oredith wrote: »
    God, are they going to hurry up and nerf this overpowered piece of **** or what?
    everything that ails you shall be fixed in the combat revamp.

refer to my sig-line for expected release date.

That's not an expectation, that's just being a ****. And the main reason people want him nerfed so badly is because he's the only character that requires specific characters to even stand a chance against, and you STILL might not be able to beat a team with him on it. I also don't get why Kobal is so desired, since his ability doesn't stop Shoop Death Woop Blossom.
  • oredithoredith Member
    the main reason people want him nerfed so badly is because he's the only character that requires specific characters to even stand a chance against, and you STILL might not be able to beat a team with him on it. I also don't get why Kobal is so desired, since his ability doesn't stop Shoop Death Woop Blossom.
    Ferno kinda equalized the field by taking away the heavy hitters in the "fast" category, at least if you're attacking. with ferno on defense, he's pretty easily neutralized with Ember.

i'm hoping the devs don't think the MK / shade issues are resolved with the release of ferno though.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • And the main reason people want him nerfed so badly is because he's the only character that requires specific characters to even stand a chance against, and you STILL might not be able to beat a team with him on it. I also don't get why Kobal is so desired, since his ability doesn't stop Shoop Death Woop Blossom.
    Well that's totally false. MK first teams required one specific character, kobal in the first slot. And yes, it does not stop death blossom, it just lowers his attack and (mostly) prevents his ability to crit. You also need good runes with a solid mix of defense and offense to be able to survive diseased MK and then respond. Heroes alone are only part of the problem, you also need good runes and strategic builds to be able to compete.

As for specific builds, SB first requires both vip and krex, he's even scarier then MK otherwise, especially when next to shade. And I know I had a checklist of which hero to send as a counter for pretty much every different lead off fast hero (well at least the ones that are actually threatening). MK first was one of the easiest, Shade first was the actual scary one since there was no guarantee, his targetting has too much RNG. Some specific defenses had an exact set of 4 heroes and an order to send, and it still wasn't a guaranteed victory.

Of course with ferno I've thrown out the checklist since he has made all that irrelevant. But the point is still MK is definitely not the only one who people strategized against. And heroes alone are not enough for success against MK or any hard defense, you need the right runes too.
    centralcommand
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited July 15
    Omg. You guys! If you think MK was OP, you gotta check out these other heroes I found.

Here's my MK, max level epic with relatively decent runes:
    1zilh04lthuw.png
    8350 hero power isn't horrible. But these other guys I found have even MOAR hero power.

Nitpick with crap runes, 8379 hero power!
    lefa6po1oe1f.png

And Augustus with truly abysmal runes, with 8423 hero power!
    ls9d5r6jogtz.png

Augustus and Nitpick are clearly more in need of nerfing than that sissy MK. I hope this is why they haven't nerfed him yet, because they're focusing on all the other clearly OP heroes inhabiting our rosters.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    8350 hero power isn't horrible. But these other guys I found have even MOAR hero power.

I am Nitpick, hear me moar?
  • And the main reason people want him nerfed so badly is because he's the only character that requires specific characters to even stand a chance against, and you STILL might not be able to beat a team with him on it. I also don't get why Kobal is so desired, since his ability doesn't stop Shoop Death Woop Blossom.
    Well that's totally false. MK first teams required one specific character, kobal in the first slot. And yes, it does not stop death blossom, it just lowers his attack and (mostly) prevents his ability to crit. You also need good runes with a solid mix of defense and offense to be able to survive diseased MK and then respond. Heroes alone are only part of the problem, you also need good runes and strategic builds to be able to compete.

As for specific builds, SB first requires both vip and krex, he's even scarier then MK otherwise, especially when next to shade. And I know I had a checklist of which hero to send as a counter for pretty much every different lead off fast hero (well at least the ones that are actually threatening). MK first was one of the easiest, Shade first was the actual scary one since there was no guarantee, his targetting has too much RNG. Some specific defenses had an exact set of 4 heroes and an order to send, and it still wasn't a guaranteed victory.

Of course with ferno I've thrown out the checklist since he has made all that irrelevant. But the point is still MK is definitely not the only one who people strategized against. And heroes alone are not enough for success against MK or any hard defense, you need the right runes too.

People don't complain about Shade as much because, yeah he haunts the whole team, but he only ATTACKS one guy, where as MK attacks everyone twice, and if you don't have the perfect runes he can kill entire teams before they even get to move.
  • danacdanac Member

People don't complain about Shade as much because, yeah he haunts the whole team, but he only ATTACKS one guy, where as MK attacks everyone twice, and if you don't have the perfect runes he can kill entire teams before they even get to move.

Oh, but they *should*. Again, at level 70 things are a bit different, but the only time in recent memory an MK beat me was when he was paired with Aria BD and Pig and I misunderestimated that synergy.

Here's what usually happened when I don't kill MK: he does two attacks, usually on Furnace, and then dodges a bunch till I kill him.

Here's what happens when I don't kill Shade. If I have a taunter, he can systematically ohko one nontaunter per round at will. This is until taunt dies and he spirit links, then possesses.
    Shade is much much much more dangerous than a dodgy MK.
  • danac wrote: »
    .. and I misunderestimated that synergy.

If you "misunderestimated" it, wouldn't that mean you estimated it correctly?
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    .. and I misunderestimated that synergy.

If you "misunderestimated" it, wouldn't that mean you estimated it correctly?

never cottoned to that fancy book lernin.
  • WombatBatKingWombatBatKing Member
    edited July 16

Oh, but they *should*. Again, at level 70 things are a bit different, but the only time in recent memory an MK beat me was when he was paired with Aria BD and Pig and I misunderestimated that synergy.

Here's what usually happened when I don't kill MK: he does two attacks, usually on Furnace, and then dodges a bunch till I kill him.

Here's what happens when I don't kill Shade. If I have a taunter, he can systematically ohko one nontaunter per round at will. This is until taunt dies and he spirit links, then possesses.
    Shade is much much much more dangerous than a dodgy MK.

If I fight an MK with the absolute best relics he can have, goodbye most of my team, and even if any of them survive there's usually another AOE creature who will finish them off. CERTAINLY my speeders will all die no matter how good their relics are. They're commonly paired with Koros, and if MK doesn't kill them, Koros will. With Shade, he has a good chance of killing one of my guys, but that's STILL only one. Depending on which one that is, I still have a strategy I can work with. With MK, I basically have nothing. That's why he needs to be nerfed.

Not to mention, most of these "counters" people mention don't even work. None of them stop Death Blossom, which is an overpowered opening move that, with the right relics, basically cripples every team out there.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Omg. You guys! If you think MK was OP, you gotta check out these other heroes I found.

Here's my MK, max level epic with relatively decent runes:
    1zilh04lthuw.png

lefa6po1oe1f.png

And Augustus with truly abysmal runes, with 8423 hero power!
    ls9d5r6jogtz.png

Augustus and Nitpick are clearly more in need of nerfing than that sissy MK. I hope this is why they haven't nerfed him yet, because they're focusing on all the other clearly OP heroes inhabiting our rosters.

It's spelled "M.O.R.E.", NOT "M.O.A.R." Also, neither of those two can always get the first shot on a defensive team.
  • danacdanac Member

If I fight an MK with the absolute best relics he can have, goodbye most of my team, and even if any of them survive there's usually another AOE creature who will finish them off. CERTAINLY my speeders will all die no matter how good their relics are. They're commonly paired with Koros, and if MK doesn't kill them, Koros will. With Shade, he has a good chance of killing one of my guys, but that's STILL only one.

There might be five MKs in the game that bad for me. We're running in different combat circles or have different rune setups. Certainly I haven't had any problems with any MK when I bring Ferno to the fight.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 16

If I fight an MK with the absolute best relics he can have, goodbye most of my team, and even if any of them survive there's usually another AOE creature who will finish them off. CERTAINLY my speeders will all die no matter how good their relics are. They're commonly paired with Koros, and if MK doesn't kill them, Koros will. With Shade, he has a good chance of killing one of my guys, but that's STILL only one.

There might be five MKs in the game that bad for me. We're running in different combat circles or have different rune setups. Certainly I haven't had any problems with any MK when I bring Ferno to the fight.

I actually kinda view that as a continuation of the whole problem. If MK wasn't so oppressive to team building to begin with, they wouldn't have released Ferno in an attempt to deal with him.

Which means Ferno wouldn't have totally backfired and provided a giant boost for attackers while being an active handicap for defenders (via Ember use).

Which means everyone and their brother wouldn't currently be compelled to use shade/Hopper/Astrid/lily solely because it's emerged as the only real high end defense that doesn't get totally screwed by the existence of Ferno.

Which means that PvP would be more diverse and interesting had they just nerfed MK 6 months ago like they told us they would instead of implementing various half-measures (+vs rogue runes, perfect swing "fix", disease crit "fix") that have taken up way more of their time and generally not worked anyway.
  • danacdanac Member

Which means that PvP would be more diverse and interesting had they just nerfed MK 6 months ago like they told us they would instead of implementing various half-measures (+vs rogue runes, perfect swing "fix", disease crit "fix") that have taken up way more of their time and generally not worked anyway.

MK was always a symptom. It's attack vs defense mechanics, esp with runes, that's the cause.
  • Ferno has made MK next to irrelevant....I realize that not everyone has ferno but MK is still easy to deal with.....hjxqca3gdlwg.png
    8f1e7i9ojmoq.png

Look at the health on my team after their whole team went and honestly ponti is the one that did most of the damage...and that's with out ferno...I really could have tweaked my order to furnace, bauble, valkin, Astrid for an even easier result...this team has so much synergy mk is absolutely no threat too it if runed correctly. It's just about finding the right counter....

And to comment on MK needing specific heros to counter....well why not...if every hero could beat every hero that would be really odd and lame of a game. There needs to be strategy and sometimes that means to counter something you have the exact right counter...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    farfella wrote: »

Kai would totally be dating MK. In fact, everyone wants to date MK. He's so cool and mysterious.

It's spelled "M.O.R.E.", NOT "M.O.A.R." Also, neither of those two can always get the first shot on a defensive team.

I think you're missing a joke, boyo.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • edited July 26
    If I fight an MK with the absolute best relics he can have, goodbye most of my team, and even if any of them survive there's usually another AOE creature who will finish them off. CERTAINLY my speeders will all die no matter how good their relics are. They're commonly paired with Koros, and if MK doesn't kill them, Koros will. With Shade, he has a good chance of killing one of my guys, but that's STILL only one. Depending on which one that is, I still have a strategy I can work with. With MK, I basically have nothing. That's why he needs to be nerfed.

Not to mention, most of these "counters" people mention don't even work. None of them stop Death Blossom, which is an overpowered opening move that, with the right relics, basically cripples every team out there.
    The strategies work fine. We're not throwing out things to try, these are tried and true strategies that work for us everyday. I have gone against the best MKs in the game, even when they are standing next to aria and pig I can beat them just fine. And when I occasionally lose to them its because of MKs dodges and tenacity, death blossom kills only the heroes I want it to kill (I.e. kobal). And that was before ferno, now I simply ignore death blossom entirely since it is irrelevant

If the strategies aren't working for you then get better runes and skip the hardest MKs until you do. It's as simple as that. They are definitely not unbeatable at all. And @danac is 100% correct in his summary of nasty shades. Very good shades (don't even have to be stacked to the max just very good) are far more threatening then any mk.
    centralcommand
    edited July 26
    @Skip_Holmes I think there was a bit of an unmi

Kai would totally be dating MK. In fact, everyone wants to date MK. He's so cool and mysterious.

@JackHallow666 yeah you're right. Wait. Hold on. YOU CRAZY GURU MK AND KAI ARE BOTH DUDES!!!
  • danacdanac Member

@JackHallow666 yeah you're right. Wait. Hold on. YOU CRAZY GURU MK AND KAI ARE BOTH DUDES!!!

kai wears makeup.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

Uhm... gay people exist?? Lol.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    I know but not exactly appropriate content for a game which many young children play. Better not get into that lol. :/
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Kai used to be a girl. He is only in DB because Trump says he is unwanted in the military.
    I don't care what he is! He is op and fun to use!