A Sickly Scene of Darkness and Disease - The Plague Bearers are Back!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
ijuc2iomaacq.png

A dreadful epidemic is spreading across the land, and while many heroes are feeling under the weather, some dark heroes feel better than ever! We've got four days of diabolical quests and two event dungeons for you to explore. There are lots of tokens, materials, and gold to be had, so bring some disinfectant for yourself, but let your heroes go wild!

*ACHOO* That's just my allergies, I swear I'm not sick!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    eh
  • oredithoredith Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    eh
    while i personally don't get much from the event, it's still a nice little booster to keep people otherwise occupied.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Looks like a Zelda weekend. Check back next week to see if grand guild tourny happens before the next GG or not.
    centralcommand
  • Two weeks with nothing to do is rough.
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    So a few months have passed and we now have had as many brand new heros released as we've had epics for old heros to maybe make them relevant or at the very least give us something to do, good job DB on keeping us engaged in the game.....
  • Two weeks with nothing to do is rough.

Agreed. I'm thinking maybe they are trying to give new/low level players a chance to catch up a little bit before new content or a bigger event is released.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Just...boring...treading...water.

I don't get why they don't at least release new epics. It sounds like there are plenty in the hopper ready for release. These rehashed events are just so dull.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

I don't get why they don't at least release new epics. It sounds like there are plenty in the hopper ready for release. These rehashed events are just so dull.

Hopper ate all the epics? I'm not sure I want one when they're released now, eeeewwwww.
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Hopper ate all the epics? I'm not sure I want one when they're released now, eeeewwwww.

you keep stealing all my lines and it'll be your job to razz bvs.
  • Hey how bout that mysterious grog epic
  • DeadPitDeadPit Member
    Joel wrote: »

*ACHOO* That's just my allergies, I swear I'm not sick!
    Bless you

• Mhhh, would have been a fine time to release 2+ epics (since at the current rate of epic to new hero releases they will never catch up). Maybe finish out the undead team (Zomm, Overlord Executum) and maybe Pontifex?
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    Mhhh, would have been a fine time to release 2+ epics (since at the current rate of epic to new hero releases they will never catch up). Maybe finish out the undead team (Zomm, Overlord Executum) and maybe Pontifex?

If they match the quality of Tsume's epic the next one released will be "chance to do a critical attack, might hit allies"
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    If they match the quality of Tsume's epic the next one released will be "chance to do a critical attack, might hit allies"

Yeah that is a freaking mess.
  • oredithoredith Member
    once again, @Eej , @Joel .. can we PLEASE get the quest adjusted so that status effects register for the quest even when the mob is killed?

trying to disease 80 opponents is incredibly difficult when you 1 shot everything with the most reliable source of disease.

it's ridiculous that it's actually HARDER to complete quests because your hero happens to be better equipped.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Two weeks with nothing to do is rough.

Agreed. I'm thinking maybe they are trying to give new/low level players a chance to catch up a little bit before new content or a bigger event is released.

I started playing about 4 months ago. I have exactly 1 6* hero (Yorick, of course) and am at Level 43. I have 5* Koros, SB, Nub, Nimeral, Leo, Manglejaw, Ekko and Dagrund (last 3 are the results of honor summons gone wild; I hit 75 dagrund tokens in 5 pulls one time, ha).

Oddly enough, I have a 4* Hopper, Valkin, Grog, Bovus and Shade. Yay me.

However, I really need time to get the rest of my team up to speed. My main group are Kai (4*), MK (4*), Koros (5*), SB (5*), Emily (2*), Valkin, Nub, BD (4*). I'm months away from multiple 5* heroes, let alone 6*. Events like this are huge; my undead team is basically all 3*.

I've done relatively slow leveling; my main PvP squad had about 75% 5* Legendary Improved Runes, I've been in Legend I 4 seasons running (legend II the 3 before). However, there's no substitute for daily token grinding and events like this and the Monster event especially (Buying 50 Koros, Bovus, Lupina and Hopper tokens was invaluable!!) are huge to me.
  • Ugh. Who had the bright idea to offer a LIGHT hero portal during a DARK hero event? Did someone forget to cut/paste something into you standard 2nd half of the week event template?
  • oredith wrote: »
    once again, @Eej , @Joel .. can we PLEASE get the quest adjusted so that status effects register for the quest even when the mob is killed?

trying to disease 80 opponents is incredibly difficult when you 1 shot everything with the most reliable source of disease.

it's ridiculous that it's actually HARDER to complete quests because your hero happens to be better equipped.

Makes too much sense.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Unequip your runes, then you won't one shot the enemies. Seems simple enough...
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • farfellafarfella Member
    @sirolk99 yeah but that costs $$$$$
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • farfella wrote: »
    farfella wrote: »

It doesn't cost real money, only gold.

There are several heroes that can disease, Hopper is a good one, and if you use an all undead team with OE in it all basic attacks can cause disease.
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    Is Bromm bugged? It seems like half the time his doom blade does no damage at all
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Unhealable damage doesn't show on the health meters because if you do X damage and subtract X hp from the available health pool, you're still at 100%.
    edited July 15
    I think they should show the damage done and them have the damage that is unhealable marked with part of the health bar being faded or something.
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
    edited July 15
    Barleyman wrote: »

It doesn't cost real money, only gold.

There are several heroes that can disease, Hopper is a good one, and if you use an all undead team with OE in it all basic attacks can cause disease.

Yes but there is no sign for DB coins so I used a dollar sign. Sorry if you do not have the U.S. Dollar as you currency.

Edit: look what I just found! £
    Post edited by farfella on
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I think they should show the damage done and them have the damage that is unhealable marked with part of the health bar being faded or something.

That would be great! Also I would like to see added total health from Plants/Hopper/Dagrund
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I chugged three times while doing PvP but did not receive credit for the quest. Anyone else having this problem? Not that it matters because I am feeling pretty good.

zs7ruhyin02j.png
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I chugged three times while doing PvP but did not receive credit for the quest. Anyone else having this problem? Not that it matters because I am feeling pretty good.

zs7ruhyin02j.png

You're doing it wrong. Try again until you get it right.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited July 16
    @danac, It schtill not orking.

nk7acc2t4kyq.jpg