Most Useful New Hero in 2017

TWilliamsTWilliams Member
edited July 16 in General Discussion
Were had several new heros introduced in 2017. Which one do you think has been most Useful

Most Useful New Hero in 2017 48 votes

Bauble
16%
JackHallow666shiggity80BrazyWalkinDudelOI0IOlfarfellaJesusZombieThundR 8 votes
Koros
33%
MonkeyHunterGein2ObiWanCannoliTyson88Joe1983thegeminiguyThovargraddersRawNESGibaskalamadeasirolk99NobodyPiMajorasDemisesing_fistDaddysGirl 16 votes
Lily
8%
ckall056KangAura0fsmilesIgorokmain999 4 votes
Hopper
22%
echonapAlbinoSqueegeebvs72momdukzKaceykpung07BarleymanTWilliamsNuknfutzEvil_Spiritssnowfire32 11 votes
Kreel
4%
WolfreichFrogewithhat 2 votes
Ferno
14%
CentralCommandAlecat97kelisizhaoFatCat69MattCauthronoredithSparkle_Starley 7 votes

Comments

• nunyanunya Member
    Can I just vote not Kreel ?
    nunya
  • Hopper
    nunya wrote: »
    Can I just vote not Kreel ?

Maybe you can create a "Least Useful" poll and see what you get.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Ferno
    Only need one option for that poll.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Bauble
    Kreel is only bad by Heroic hero standards. Otherwise he's quite balanced and still more powerful than most of the bronze rarity heroes. I'm actually happy he's so weak, can you imagine if he made the reptile team any stronger?

Secondly, Bauble being the first reliable Construct healer was a huge deal for me. At first I underestimated his usefulness but he can potentially make a Furnace 1v4 an entire team of enemies in PvP (technically 2v4 but you get what I mean).

Plus, with the energy gain from Ferno (who's still useful of course, but not amazing), he can pump out an ability basically every turn.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Hopper
    Most of them have their uses, but I went with Hopper because she is the one I've used most often in PvP. See an Emily or Leo or both on the defense and Hopper is in my team.

Ironically if it's just Emily I usually find Shadowblade kills Emily outright anyway so Hopper wasn't required, but Hopper has some nice other effects that help justify her use.
    Bauble
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Most of them have their uses, but I went with Hopper because she is the one I've used most often in PvP. See an Emily or Leo or both on the defense and Hopper is in my team.

Ironically if it's just Emily I usually find Shadowblade kills Emily outright anyway so Hopper wasn't required, but Hopper has some nice other effects that help justify her use.

Hopper can effectively solo the ToP with enough damage and Crit Chance.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Koros
    Koros purging all the buffs and dealing insane damage is game-changing versus almost every type of team (Constructs, Shade teams, Reptiles, Zen)
    There were a good 3 or 4 months where I did literally every raid using him.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Ferno
    ferno because he basically neutralizes fast defenders when you're attacking.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    Bauble
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Koros purging all the buffs and dealing insane damage is game-changing versus almost every type of team (Constructs, Shade teams, Reptiles, Zen)

I wouldn't call a strong AoE "game breaking", we saw the same deal when Icepick and Viperia came out. If you mean game breaking as in it's ridiculously overpowered and breaks the game by ruining the fun, then yeah.
    Koros

I wouldn't call a strong AoE "game breaking", we saw the same deal when Icepick and Viperia came out. If you mean game breaking as in it's ridiculously overpowered and breaks the game by ruining the fun, then yeah.

Something ridiculously overpowered that ruins the game is certainly game-breaking. I admit game-breaking may have been an exageration. Also, the thread is how useful is the hero, not which is the best for the game, for which it would be a competition between Bauble and Lily, who are both very good heroes that are good on their own but also benefit the team, and are pretty balanced.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited July 17
    Bauble
    I have gotten through all the boss mode dungeons I have done with a furnace bauble team! I love him!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    Koros
    farfella wrote: »
    I have gotten through all the boss mode dungeons I have done with a furnace bauble team! I love him!

Where are you @ckall056 to tell everyone how amazing Lily is :P
  • farfellafarfella Member
    Bauble
    Oh plz no...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    Koros
    To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't commented on this thread yet.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Hopper
    I was tempted to vote for Koros, but he totally missed 3 out of 4 of the heroes in my last PvP battle. I'm tired of watching him blow dry the ugly hair of MK's skin.
  • Lily

I've done this. Amazing hero

• Hopper

I've done this. Amazing hero

That is impressive.
  • KangKang Member
    edited July 20
    Lily
    Lily, for killing the god-awful DR defense meta. She is useful precisely because she rarely needs to be used.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Ferno
    Kang wrote: »
    Lily, for killing the god-awful DR defense meta. She is useful precisely because she rarely needs to be used.
    i dislike DB's tactic of "fixing" mechanics by releasing new heroes to counter it. lily and ferno.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    Koros
    oredith wrote: »
    i dislike DB's tactic of "fixing" mechanics by releasing new heroes to counter it. lily and ferno.

In some cases, it works quite well, but I agree that often it just delays the problem. For example, when Shade was released, he was a counter to Kai, but now Kai is fine and Shade is the one who desperately needs a counter. When some ultra-fast light hero that doesn't allow the enemy team to have any buffs, ever, is released to counter him, they will be the new problem.
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Bauble
    He is a bird like him and helps with engineering...
    2qy520sbky9c.jpg
    ...engineering a secret robotic crow hero so he can take dungeon boss for himself
    You know if anyone abuses me, I can find their I.P. Right?
    Bauble
    oredith wrote: »

In some cases, it works quite well, but I agree that often it just delays the problem. For example, when Shade was released, he was a counter to Kai, but now Kai is fine and Shade is the one who desperately needs a counter. When some ultra-fast light hero that doesn't allow the enemy team to have any buffs, ever, is released to counter him, they will be the new problem.

Well I think Ferno balanced things out quite nicely. Not only does he lower the Attack of MK, Shade, Ponti, all the heavy hitters, but he's not too strong himself. Flying teams aren't exactly the best idea most of the time, and that's fine. There shouldn't be one go-to team that solved ALL your problems. That was the Undead team or Goblin team before MK's buff and Koros. I just don't think enough people know how to use Ferno to his maximum potential yet which is why MK and Shade are still so prevalent. He really does do a great job of tearing apart Dark teams with Shade on them and MK/Furnace/Emily teams. It's all about placing him just right so your heroes won't have their Atk lowered when they go, but the enemies will. I just wish Zen could remove the Atk-, it would open up a lot more synergy with him.
    Bauble
    That said I'm sure the vast majority of players right now don't have Ferno, or do but don't have a solid Flying team or runes yet. That's why I want them to buff the older heroes up, so that they're actually useful again. It seems their strategy is to release an Epic for an older hero and rework them with the release of their Epic. That's a good idea, but I also remember they used to rework 4 or more heroes at the same time. Not to the same extent, but it helped.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Hopper
    Hopper is amazing. My fav next to Shade of course and Pontifex. Hopper can indeed solo the tower :)
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    Lily
    farfella wrote: »

Where are you @ckall056 to tell everyone how amazing Lily is :P

I've been AWOL from the forums for a week or so - but rest assured, i got my vote for lily in!
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?