pontifex and aria, working as intended?

Dear DB team,

i had a tower battle between pontifex skeleton version and aria.

the skeleton did his lifesteal attack,
my aria dodged his lifesteal and killed the skeleton, but the skeleton still ressurected into pontifex, is this the way it should work?

Comments

• oredithoredith Member
    Dear DB team,

my aria dodged his lifesteal and killed the skeleton, but the skeleton still ressurected into pontifex, is this the way it should work?
    while i can't speak to if this is INTENDED, it is certainly the way it *should* work in light of the way combat order of operation works.

the way pontifex's resurrection works, it's contingent upon him using 2 actions, not necessarily in 2 separate turns. they can both happen in the same turn (haste), or can be delayed longer than 2 turns (frozen). once he uses the 2nd ability, the resurrection is triggered.

aria's retaliation happens between the 2nd attack and resurrection. right now, death in game does not stop actions from happening. this can be seen when dead heroes come back to revenge Zen if they were killed after zen in the order
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Or when spirit linked hero continues to attack after he kills himself by way of a multipart attack. Looking at you Pummel. ;)
  • danacdanac Member
    oredith wrote: »
    Dear DB team,

while i can't speak to if this is INTENDED, it is certainly the way it *should* work in light of the way combat order of operation works.

the way pontifex's resurrection works, it's contingent upon him using 2 actions, not necessarily in 2 separate turns. they can both happen in the same turn (haste), or can be delayed longer than 2 turns (frozen). once he uses the 2nd ability, the resurrection is triggered.

aria's retaliation happens between the 2nd attack and resurrection. right now, death in game does not stop actions from happening. this can be seen when dead heroes come back to revenge Zen if they were killed after zen in the order

Except I think it does stop them.

From what I understand, only the dead heroes killed *after* Zen revenge. Which technically means that Zen dies, the hero revenges, then the hero dies. The extra step simply isn't shown on the animation.

The thing with aria [and other revenge heroes] and ponti is different, in that the skeleton is killed between the second action and the resurrection.

This is simply wrong. A killed skeleton doesn't come back to life, and if onti resurrects before the revenge action, then flesh Ponti should be the one taking damage, not skeleton Ponti.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Or when spirit linked hero continues to attack after he kills himself by way of a multipart attack. Looking at you Pummel. ;)

Pummel told me to tell you he's not interested.
  • thanx for the info danac, helps to look at it from a different angle.