I Want Lore-Based Events

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited July 17 in Feedback & Suggestions
You know how some Boss Mode levels don't allow certain hero types? Like nothing but Fire, only Warriors, no Light heroes, etc?

I think some lore-based events that wouldn't allow certain heroes would be interesting. Like perhaps story wise, there would be a war between two heroes, let's say... Malice and Emily, and for the first half you can choose either and play as either, but for the second half there's a vote for everyone's favorite, and the least favorite "dies" so you can't play as them in the event dungeons for the remainder of the event, and the winner gains a temporary buff.

There's of course much more possibility. Perhaps a hero can simply be injured in a battle with their rival, and gain a visual update and new abilities. It would be a fun way to rework older heroes.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!

Comments

• farfellafarfella Member
    I would love any sort of new type of event setup!
    SATIATED GORGON FTW!!!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    We've had something similar between Malice and Emily, but they just called it Light vs Dark. I want something similar but it actually AFFECTS gameplay. I know the team you chose got buffs during the event, and that's cool, but maybe just buff both sides no matter what and give the winning team something extra.

Like I said, would be a great way to rework heroes. Pin two heroes that both need reworks together and whoever wins gets the rework first.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • danacdanac Member
    they do this already in a watered down way by having quests during events that require certain compositions.

I suspect locking heroes like you're suggesting might become problematic for people with incomplete rosters. I think I'd prefer locked compositions as optional additions to event quests... iow, do quest as normal, get reward, do it with a 'lore composition' an get extra reward.

Otherwise, interesting idea. They've shown they can 'lore-lock' dungeons before, so feasibly possible.